Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Blondie

Can spirit leave the body not all at once?

I remember watching a programme on tv not so long ago.A medium was telling a lady in the audience that there was a boy with her father and he was well looked after in the afterlife.He also said the boy was talking about monkeys.The lady could not place the boy or the monkeys and left confused.

This lady had a severely disabled son who could not communicate waiting at home for her.When she got home he was watching a nature programme on monkeys!!Somehow he had managed to communicate this through his spirit even though he was not dead!!!

Does this happen if the body is disabled in some way?My daughter has a degenerative terminal illness and I ask this because as time goes on does more of her join spirit as she deteriorates?

Hope this makes sense?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Experiencer
This is quite common but has nothing to do with the spirit partly leaving the physical body. The spirit/guide, who was communicating with the medium was well aware what the lady's son was doing at home and therefor spoke about it, in the message given. This was something that could be validated.
I'll give you an example. A number of years ago, my mother was at a spiritualist church, the medium came to her and one of the things she said was, 'someone is eating fish and chips, I can smell it. On my mother's return home as soon as she walked in the livingroom had that distinct fish and chip smell :)

As far as your daughter joining spirit more, it has been said, when the time comes for someone to pass over, they can indeed be much more closer to spirit, if that makes any sense?

When a friend of mine passed over, over a period of a couple of days, she was able to tell me that she had visits from her father and grandfather in spirit, they came to her bedside. She was quite weak at the time and knew she didn't have long left here on the earth plane, also she had never experienced seeing spirit before that day.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM
eraser

Blondie, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. That's a hard path to walk.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Experiencer
I'm sorry but I failed to pass on my thoughts on how you must be coping with your daughter, as eraser has said, it is indeed a hard path to walk x
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie
I remember watching a programme on tv not so long ago.A medium was telling a lady in the audience that there was a boy with her father and he was well looked after in the afterlife.He also said the boy was talking about monkeys.The lady could not place the boy or the monkeys and left confused.

This lady had a severely disabled son who could not communicate waiting at home for her.When she got home he was watching a nature programme on monkeys!!Somehow he had managed to communicate this through his spirit even though he was not dead!!!

Does this happen if the body is disabled in some way?My daughter has a degenerative terminal illness and I ask this because as time goes on does more of her join spirit as she deteriorates?

Hope this makes sense?
this happens regardless of the physical body...Soul IS free, Soul IS Spirit, and although your daughter's condition is hard to deal with, just Love her, and do the very best that you can, you, as Soul, are also free, so do not allow life's hardships to bring either of you down, be free~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Deactivated Account
As the others have said, mediums can pick up what is happening in THIS life around you, as well as in the spirit world. I saw a medium recently who told me she could see a little boy running around me all the time. I knew straight away that she meant my little boy (in this life) who is severely autistic and extremely hyperactive; in fact 'running around me' describes him to an absolute T!

All mediums are also psychic, and psychic ability means they can read aura and people's energy fields as well as recieve information from spirit.

I am very sorry about your daughter and realise how terribly hard that must be.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Serenity Bear

One famous medium, now long dead, told a class of us how she had once drawn a young girl presuming this young lass had passed. The youngster was infact in a coma.

The same medium said this often happened to those who were asleep in a different time zone.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Blondie

Thankyou all for your kind words x