Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Master
Leaving a village to hide

Dreamt I was in a village and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I was hiding in the streets so no-one could see me. My partner shouted out across the street if I still have my wart. I looked at him embarrassed as people probably heard. I thought there's no point being here I can't get away from it here. I didn't say anything and walked up a hill away from the village and hid somewhere I couldn't be found.

Feeling quiet depressed at the moment, does this dream just show my feelings of wanting to be alone?
Old 19-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Growth and progress is never a straight line. We can feel strong one day and weak on another. We are kicking up dust and stuff comes up we didn't realize was there. The dream to me seems to be indicating a fear of others seeing your imperfections and flaws. Possibly because you were subjected to so much unfair ridicule you developed the idea that you need to be perfect to hopefully avoid it. Fearing exposure of our flaws can keep us hiding from life never taking risks or chances. Better to play it safe than risk others seeing me as a failure and target. It's easy for us when we are young and have negative voices in our ears all the time to sometimes define ourselves by how others view us. We make decisions we think will protect us that simply aren't possible and spend our lives anxious or hiding from the world. So it's a matter of making new decisions as stuff like this pops up. Acknowledging that we may have some misguided idea that is contributing to negative feelings and deciding to reframe those ideas.

So I'd say to take a look at how failure makes you feel? Does it define you? Do you feel driven by a need to be perfect so as to avoid condemnation from others? Does that condemnation feel like truth when others say it? If it does it is important to challenge that feeling and tell yourself no, I will not be defined by what others say to or about me. It's time to confront what it means to you to be a flawed imperfect human and why you fear being exposed as flawed. It's causing you to run and hide

I had a critical father. Not cruel but I was always getting reprimanded for something and criticized about everything I did. I got it in my head if I could do things perfectly I could avoid the criticism and my dad wouldn't reject me. The problem is my father was too caught up in only seeing the things that were wrong with life and so I was in a no win situation and so nothing I ever did would have ever been perfect in his eyes. He did mean well but it caused me to develop a lot of anxiety, self doubt and a crippling belief that everything I did, every decision I made was wrong. I spent my whole life stressed out in guilt, regret and worry and it was exhausting. I've come to see now that we can't ever get things wrong. We may not always be successful and our choices may not always work out but we aren't defined by those things and our soul is always learning from our mistakes and failures actually more than by the wins. But the main thing is life isn't a proving thing. It's simply an experience for our soul to grow from. We all have flaws, we all fail, none of it defines us.
Old 20-05-2018, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Ladyrose92: Feeling quiet depressed at the moment, does this dream just show my feelings of wanting to be alone?
i wouldn't think that true.
imagine that there are two emotional fields you're experiencing.
one originates from within you, another comes to you from your
surroundings. your natural, internal energy is geared towards
happiness, but the ambient energy in your locality is providing
you with 'downer' emotional cues. it's perfectly reasonable to
withdraw from interaction within that depression field... it's not
of your creation. [i disbelieve that you are depressed.]