Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-10-2011, 08:06 AM
mattie

APing Can Be Fun

Astral projection need not be a fearful experience.

Sometimes people are concerned about returning to their body. This isn’t a concern. We’re VERY firmly connected. We will automatically return. Sometimes it is a fear of exploring unfamiliar territory. Do this at your own pace & let it be a fun experience. You can only be scared, not hurt & it really isn't all that hard to move past the fear. Another concern can be about encountering negative spirits. We can easily vet them. No special training is needed.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

We actually AP all the time when we’re asleep, we just don’t remember it or discount the experiences as dreams. Not all dreams are APing though. Often APing is more about opening up to remembering.

Move past the fear & don’t buy into others’ horror stories about it.

Have you identified what is scaring you about this?
Old 25-10-2011, 01:48 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

First off welcome to SF.

Here is the take on Astral Projectiion I have wirttie. What is it like well for me I came into this life being able to think and GO and grew up thinkiing it was something everyone did and it just was one of those taboo's not talked about. Being that I am 49 year's old the times have sure changed in understanding and acceptance since I came into this World.

Astral Travel and OBE Experiences

Astral Travel is the perception that there is an body that be separate from the physical body that leaves. This donates that the Astral Body leaves from the physical body in a separation. This often called the OUT OF BODY experience.

This concept of Astral Travel is rooted many a Religion. It is in the Near Death Experiences and in the passage to the Afterlife.

It is separate from the state of sleep. As Astral Travels can be accessed via the calm state of meditations or in rarer cases just the state of mind of “Off I go”. When one is in a state of sleep one can go into a state of a “Lucid Dream” this be a dream in this dream state it is thought that one can control and or alter the events. It is a state where the conscious mind and the unconscious mind are one the similar frequencies. It is from these Lucid Dreams that one often wakes feeling like one was flying or that one went from the body.

When the Lucid Dream starts to flow into full Astral Projections is when the mind and the body become ONE and become aware that one has in fast left the physical body and it free to roam. The biggest thing that holds one back is “fear” that fear of not being able to come back, that “fear” of re entry. When one can settle the “fear” the journeys are amazing.

The Astral Journey has no bounds by time or physical space. There is no concepts to what be real. The Astral Dimension is said to be the first one from the physical realms the body be in. The place where the collective consciousness be held. That collective consciousness is that energy that is in all of us the connects us one to the other. The farther out ye go the move dimensions one comes to contact.

One is always connected the physical body bye what I called the Silver Cord . It is that life line one has that keeps one connected. At times one see’s that cord or rope going from the Astral Body to the physical body they are viewing. When one projects out from the body often one “sees” themselves laying of sitting there. When the Astral Travels are new to a person this can be a very traumatic event. One can often have fear take over and there is a sudden re entry to the physical body. This can leave on in a state of panic in feeling.

Astral Projection is the controlled exit of the body it is usually done via meditations where the goal in mind is to leave the body to go on a journey. Where one goes at times is controlled by ye and where ye want to go. Other times one is taken on a journey. Or one simply surrenders to float free to where ever the Astral Plane takes one.

When starting out try Astral Travels like all things new take it slow. The biggest thing that stops the leaving of the BODY is “fear” that fear of not coming back. One is always attached to the body if one was to fully detach then one would be “dead”.

There are many layers to the idea of what is included in Astral Travels. One is the state of being able to see and hear things otherwise not known. To travel and see places that one could not possible know of. BUT to come to find one is correct on. Part of this is Remote Viewing. This is where one is able to leave the body and travel to say a home of a friend and have them fully sense ye are there and describe in great details what one has seen. Too at times one can have physical interactions with that person. One can “touch” in all ways one can in the physical plane. This should be done with the greatest of respects. It is an invasion of one’s private space if not done in that way.

Another is in the area of Shape Shifting. WITHOUT the use of the plant or medicinal aids.
Simply put Shape Shifting is as shift from the human form to that of an animal form. Done both mentally and physically, in the Astral Body.

There are two ways to obtain this one is to be of part human and part animal form. Ye are human in the body but one takes on the instincts of the animal one becomes.

The other be a full shift ye are the animal one becomes in body and mind and all that it be. One is still attached to the human body that one is….but is free in that animal one has shifted to be for a time.

The other thing that can happen on the Astral Plane is a “Soul Transfer” or a “Walk in” this is said to be when the Soul leaves the body and an new one comes forth to take its place. This is most common in the Near Death Experiences where the body for a time dies. The Soul in that brief time of death leave. The body returns to life and is in need of a Soul the original one is
free to come forth again but most times it is said that a new one comes in its place.
It too can happen where the old Soul leaves and a new one “walks in” could well be that the Soul one has had is at the end of that learning path and the consciousness be ready for a new one to continue on its path of learning.

Near Death Experiences are another way one has an Out of Body Experience. This is in a times when the physical body for a time “dies” for a time life stops in that body . One’s that have such an event often see the body they have laying still and motionless. One’s often talk of a Light or a Tunnel they travel into. Where they are met by at times family or other’s to take them over. It is in this state of life and death that one might be pulled back into the body.
One’s having this event often feel a draw to want to go back to that place of pure peace. Its nota longing for death really more a longing for that place of peace and contentment one has.
Often after a Near Death event one comes back with more opening to the other side more open to be able to Astral Travel freely. Often comes back with a knowledge one has not had. Insights and understandings that life is more than the physical body.

Like with all things there are the positives and the negatives in play. When one travels from the body one is able to connect to other’s on the Astral Plane. Like with inter personal interactions NOT all are positive. The term given to the negative contacts is Psychic Vampire this is a person or entity that drains the energy from ye . This drain is not always readily felt.

In the Astral Plane one can do all the actions one can do on the Earth plane…one can have intimacy and fight. One can feel touch and be touched. It is in that place of opening up to the more physical realms that one has to establish the lines of trust and respects. It is not the body doing the actions but the Soul. BUT the body and mind is the one that has to live with the emotions that might well come with the actions taken.

When one freely choose to leave the body to “step out” one simply goes to sit beside that body. This is done at times of great physical pain in that body where one needs that mental break. The connection to the body is a very close one . One often hovers just above the body. Giving maybe that body time to balance with the pain. This is not an Astral Journey.

When one finds someone that is on the same vibration plane as them one can travel in unison. One can too take another out on a journey with them via a joint combining of energies. Again this is done with great trusts. Remembering always that one is human and in being human one has “feelings”.

Thank you for welcoming me I can not help but to associate astral projection with death.Am I the only one who relates the two?The only difference to me is when you die you leave your body for good & never come back & you permanently go to a completely different dimension or something.Do you think that lucid dreaming is one & the same as regular dreaming that it is all made up in your mind?Or do you think that you really do go to another dimension or enter the spiritual world when you do it?
Fear is a big block for a lot of people. I heard about this one story where this person astral projected & once they were ready to head back in to their body a demon was standing in front of it asking the person if they really wanted to go back to their body!!!I thought that was very very scary and it is one of the storie's that make me not ever want to astral project but I find astral projecting so interesting.A fear that I have about astral projecting is the feeling that I will feel if I do it.People have talked about how it feels weird & I mean duh lol I can only imagine how it must physically feel to leave your body.Eeek!This thought terrifies me.Is it possible for your silver cord to break during astral projection?This idea of remote viewing is also very interesting to me & it is my first time hearing about this as well!!!This whole walk-in thing do you think it is possible for people to be reincarnated this way???This is the first thing that popped in to my head when reading what yous aid about walk-ins.I have heard different near death experience's from people & I always hear them say what you did that they do not ever want to come back from the peaceful place that they go to.I have alway's wanted to have a near death experience because I am curious about the other side but I think that one day some one was trying to get me out of my body to either have an out of body experience or to astral project with them & I was too scared so I held back.I wish I was not so scared!! Thank you for sharing all of that wonderful information with me
xoxoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 01:50 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
All Is... If you really want to get a good view of what ap is all about and how fascinating and fun it can be, I suggest you read a great book about it... with descriptions from lots of people, and clear instructions in case you want to try it for yourself.

The book I recommend most often is "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.

Xan

O.k. I LOVE to read so thank you for sharing that with me Xan
xoxoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 01:53 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola
I never really tried it deliberately, myself. Except once. I won't do that again. I missed the target of where I wanted to go and landed on a not so nice beach covered with dead things. It wasn't scarey. It was extremely sad.

But when I do experience it, it's on it's own terms. I have to be in the yard. Outside. In the sun. Laying on the lounger or propped in a comfy chair with my feet propped up. But it has to be during the day, with those three ingredients. Sun. Birds. Relaxed.

I even traveled to my past. I appeared in a cave. Small one. A fire was blazing in a hole...and around that campfire were a family. They looked almost like eskimo's but to me, my gut said they were early man. Cave people from long long ago. They had furs on, scraggly hair, dark skinned. I think I appeared in the flames like a mirror image, looking at them calmly. They were startled but stared back. They were relatives. They knew it too, this futuristic being that appeared to them in the flames and my subconscious knowing I was far far in the past gazing at my genetic family.

It was a trip I will never forget. One of many.

Oh my gosh!!!That does sound very sad:'( During the day time when you are feeling relaxed is a very nice time to astral project I think as well;)
If I were to do it it would probably be either then or during staring at a nice sun set:)) Wow!!!Your experience sound's very amazing.I never heard of any one astral projecting to the past.Now that is truly something!!:))
xoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 01:59 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Astral projection need not be a fearful experience.

Sometimes people are concerned about returning to their body. This isn’t a concern. We’re VERY firmly connected. We will automatically return. Sometimes it is a fear of exploring unfamiliar territory. Do this at your own pace & let it be a fun experience. You can only be scared, not hurt & it really isn't all that hard to move past the fear. Another concern can be about encountering negative spirits. We can easily vet them. No special training is needed.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

We actually AP all the time when we’re asleep, we just don’t remember it or discount the experiences as dreams. Not all dreams are APing though. Often APing is more about opening up to remembering.

Move past the fear & don’t buy into others’ horror stories about it.

Have you identified what is scaring you about this?

I think the unknown just scares me period to a certain degree because I am not scared of all thing's spiritual just some thing's such as this.I was also scared of not being able to return to my body or I was thinking what if a demon or a negative spirit cut my silver cord off & killed me??:(( These are some of my concerns about astral projecting.I never ever heard of vetting so thank you for sharing that link with me I definitely will be looking at it:)) While it is true that you can not believe every thing you read or even hear I still get very scared because of other storie's & experience's that I read about:( It is other people's other horror storie's along with my own fears & worries that holds me back from letting myself astral project.I think I could astral project if I was not so scared because I think I almost done it before:)
Question: Does astral projecting feel like dreaming once you are back in your body?I mean you know how once you get up from dreaming usually do not feel like you were sleeping for that long?Well does astral projecting feel like this or does it usually feel like you were gone for a while once you come back to your body??
xoxoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Experiencer
Try not to make AP in to too big a thing, it's not.
Don't think of it as a science, think of it as a fun game you can play, just have fun with it.
The reason I bring up dreaming is because most people enjoy there dreams and I don't find there to be much of a difference between the two. Start keeping a dream journal, I used to go to sleep with a small tape recorder tied to my wrist and try to wake up every few hours and record what I remembered.
You don't have to just pop out of your body and run around the house terrified, take it slow.

Ive been projecting for about 15 years now and I am still here and sane (I think).lol
Old 25-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator
Hello AllisFullofLOVe

Thank you for welcoming me I cannot help but to associate astral projection with death. Am I the only one who relates the two?
No ye are not alone there. When we think of leaving the body that is what we think about. How could the thoughts honestly not go there? When we die we leave the body behind.
The only difference to me is when you die you leave your body for good & never come back & you permanently go to a completely different dimension or something.
Do you think that lucid dreaming is one & the same as regular dreaming that it is all made up in your mind? Or do you think that you really do go to another dimension or enter the spiritual world when you do it?
Different levels of the brain at rest so different experiences and sensations. There are many different types of dreams. What is made up along the path in one’s sleep whom is to say. I personally do feel there are other dimensions that one travels in and out of yes, but too it’s all really ONE place one Universe.
Fear is a big block for a lot of people. I heard about this one story where this person astral projected & once they were ready to head back in to their body a demon was standing in front of it asking the person if they really wanted to go back to their body!!!I thought that was very very scary and it is one of the storie's that make me not ever want to astral project but I find astral projecting so interesting. A fear that I have about astral projecting is the feeling that I will feel if I do it.
There are many “stories” out there of Demons ext. I do not put the energy into a belief in such a force in the Universe. That said there are negative energies and one’s out there. I have always found them to be common man kind. If we trust in that we are safe and protected I have to feel that honestly we would be kept safe.
People have talked about how it feels weird & I mean duh lol I can only imagine how it must physically feel to leave your body.Eeek!This thought terrifies me.Is it possible for your silver cord to break during astral projection?
I have to personally feel the answer is NO unless it is simply one’s hour to leave the body in that time of death. That cord is one’s life like much like when man takes a spacewalk from the space ship. That is one’ s connection to home base.

This idea of remote viewing is also very interesting to me & it is my first time hearing about this as well!!!
Remote Viewing is real and it is something I can do. In that it too is something that is done with respects in place. Remembering we are not to look in where we would not go in the real time physical. It like other abilities has its time and place for use, and it is not something one can have access to with just a thought as it has been well studied.

This whole walk-in thing do you think it is possible for people to be reincarnated this way???This is the first thing that popped in to my head when reading what yous aid about walk-ins.I have heard different near death experience's from people & I always hear them say what you did that they do not ever want to come back from the peaceful place that they go to.I have alway's wanted to have a near death experience because I am curious about the other side but I think that one day some one was trying to get me out of my body to either have an out of body experience or to astral project with them & I was too scared so I held back.I wish I was not so scared!! Thank you for sharing all of that wonderful information with me
I do feel that there are cases of Walk In’s yes. Again an idea that is not always embraced and has yet to be proven to be real of not but then so is reincarnation.
There are many cases of NDE events yes when the person feels so content in that Light that they do not want to go back. For some that brings them a lot of unsettlement, but I honestly feel we have a SET time in place we are to go and when that time comes we do go. I would not recommend the NDE personally for me while I did change a life path I was on and I did grow from the experiences as a person there are lasting effects that I have physically with me. That said too I know that those pains are with me for reason as well.
Put fear in the right context is all fear is not a bad thing to have, if we all walked around fearless we might not be here at all. Fear at times is simply that inner voice that keeps us safe. Astral Travel is not a TOY or a GAME it is an experience and in experiences not all fit all people. I know me mate so would NOT want to even try anything I can do.

Questions and being curious is not a bad thing....

Lynn
Old 25-10-2011, 03:46 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM
Try not to make AP in to too big a thing, it's not.
Don't think of it as a science, think of it as a fun game you can play, just have fun with it.
The reason I bring up dreaming is because most people enjoy there dreams and I don't find there to be much of a difference between the two. Start keeping a dream journal, I used to go to sleep with a small tape recorder tied to my wrist and try to wake up every few hours and record what I remembered.
You don't have to just pop out of your body and run around the house terrified, take it slow.

Ive been projecting for about 15 years now and I am still here and sane (I think).lol

Oh I know that it is not a big thing I am just interested & have lot's of questions is all:) If my brain can stop getting the best of me then maybe I could start viewing astral projection as a fun game that I could play lol.I used to have a journal where I would record certain dream's only ones that I felt were important.I usually remember my dreams naturally with out having to record them but I have not been to keen on dreaming lately & if I have been dreaming I can not remember.Lol I would say that you are pretty sane;))
Thank you for the info.
xoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 03:56 PM
AllIsFullOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello AllisFullofLOVe

Thank you for welcoming me I cannot help but to associate astral projection with death. Am I the only one who relates the two?
No ye are not alone there. When we think of leaving the body that is what we think about. How could the thoughts honestly not go there? When we die we leave the body behind.
The only difference to me is when you die you leave your body for good & never come back & you permanently go to a completely different dimension or something.
Do you think that lucid dreaming is one & the same as regular dreaming that it is all made up in your mind? Or do you think that you really do go to another dimension or enter the spiritual world when you do it?
Different levels of the brain at rest so different experiences and sensations. There are many different types of dreams. What is made up along the path in one’s sleep whom is to say. I personally do feel there are other dimensions that one travels in and out of yes, but too it’s all really ONE place one Universe.
Fear is a big block for a lot of people. I heard about this one story where this person astral projected & once they were ready to head back in to their body a demon was standing in front of it asking the person if they really wanted to go back to their body!!!I thought that was very very scary and it is one of the storie's that make me not ever want to astral project but I find astral projecting so interesting. A fear that I have about astral projecting is the feeling that I will feel if I do it.
There are many “stories” out there of Demons ext. I do not put the energy into a belief in such a force in the Universe. That said there are negative energies and one’s out there. I have always found them to be common man kind. If we trust in that we are safe and protected I have to feel that honestly we would be kept safe.
People have talked about how it feels weird & I mean duh lol I can only imagine how it must physically feel to leave your body.Eeek!This thought terrifies me.Is it possible for your silver cord to break during astral projection?
I have to personally feel the answer is NO unless it is simply one’s hour to leave the body in that time of death. That cord is one’s life like much like when man takes a spacewalk from the space ship. That is one’ s connection to home base.

This idea of remote viewing is also very interesting to me & it is my first time hearing about this as well!!!
Remote Viewing is real and it is something I can do. In that it too is something that is done with respects in place. Remembering we are not to look in where we would not go in the real time physical. It like other abilities has its time and place for use, and it is not something one can have access to with just a thought as it has been well studied.

This whole walk-in thing do you think it is possible for people to be reincarnated this way???This is the first thing that popped in to my head when reading what yous aid about walk-ins.I have heard different near death experience's from people & I always hear them say what you did that they do not ever want to come back from the peaceful place that they go to.I have alway's wanted to have a near death experience because I am curious about the other side but I think that one day some one was trying to get me out of my body to either have an out of body experience or to astral project with them & I was too scared so I held back.I wish I was not so scared!! Thank you for sharing all of that wonderful information with me
I do feel that there are cases of Walk In’s yes. Again an idea that is not always embraced and has yet to be proven to be real of not but then so is reincarnation.
There are many cases of NDE events yes when the person feels so content in that Light that they do not want to go back. For some that brings them a lot of unsettlement, but I honestly feel we have a SET time in place we are to go and when that time comes we do go. I would not recommend the NDE personally for me while I did change a life path I was on and I did grow from the experiences as a person there are lasting effects that I have physically with me. That said too I know that those pains are with me for reason as well.
Put fear in the right context is all fear is not a bad thing to have, if we all walked around fearless we might not be here at all. Fear at times is simply that inner voice that keeps us safe. Astral Travel is not a TOY or a GAME it is an experience and in experiences not all fit all people. I know me mate so would NOT want to even try anything I can do.

Questions and being curious is not a bad thing....

Lynn

I could understand why you would not put energy in to such a belief in demons & thing's because some times what we throw out there can manifest.I just can't help but to be fearful about what could be out there.I don't know if demons exist I don't even know if I believe in them but after all the storie's I heard I am just scared.Yes I think that as long as we focus on how safe we are & secure that thing's will most likely be fine while astral projecting but my fear alway's get's the best of me.:( You have a point thank you for bringing that to my attention I do not think that one would die either while astral projecting unless it was their time of course. But some times God/universe allows certain thing's so do you think that God/universe would maybe allow a negative spirit to kill us while out there in the universe???Remote viewing seems like it could easily be abused for invading one's privacy that is the only thing I do not like about it I would never want to invade some one's privacy.I agree that it has its own time & place like everything else.I know some one who is afraid of the walk-in process. They are scared that their real soul left & that some other soul will take over their body how can I reassure this person that this most likely will not happen?I agree that fear is that inner voice that can keep us safe as well though it can also hold us back.I know that astral projection is not a toy or game which is why I want all the info. & facts on it that I can possibly get before thinking of really trying it. Thank you for all of your insight
xoxoxo
Old 25-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
I was also scared of not being able to return to my body or I was thinking what if a demon or a negative spirit cut my silver cord off & killed me??

All Is... Your mind can rest at ease because all you need to do to return to your body is think about it and you're there. In fact, ap'ers mostly complain about the opposite issue... popping back into the body when they don't want to yet.

And no one can cut your silver cord. It's part of your spirit that links you to the physical body.

All negative entities can do, really, is threaten and scare you... which is pretty uncomfortable until you learn to face and go through to the other side.
We can gain a lot of inner strength in meeting this challenge.

The only way to know what ap feels like, during and after, is to experience it for yourself. You'll see.

Xan