Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Are we actually getting anywhere as a collective society?

Has anyone else read Jakeb Brock's "The New Consciousness"? It takes a really interesting view on history through the lens of consciousness development and argues that we are actually arriving at a time when we can collectively right the wrongs of the world by evolving to a higher spiritual elevation.

Here's a sort of introduction to the concept if you want a better idea: ournewconsciousness dot com/from-the-desk-of-jakeb-brock-an-introduction-to-the-new-consciousness/

The book makes a lot of good points, but it's often hard to be so optimistic... maybe that means I'm not personally ready for that evolution? I used to work in the news and seeing the direction the world in directed in these days is a bit discouraging. The only time I actually feel optimistic is when interacting with a small group of individuals. I think most people today want to let go of strife and just live happily in peace - but these are the people with power and influence.

What do you think?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkFreely
Are we actually getting anywhere as a collective society?
Yes absolutely. And sort of. People no longer work 12 hour days, 6 day weeks; people no longer wear fur, most don't smoke anymore; people are making healthier lifestyle choices; tons more health food stores and spiritual services available than even just a decade ago; and then you have (most) world governments responding to climate change and the like. So people are waking up for sure.

At the same time, it's clear politicians and leaders are becoming more dishonest, corrupt, self-serving and in the pockets of corporations. And I point that out because most spiritual philosophies will tell you enlightenment is a personal path. The idea of a utopian collective is a dream I would say. At the very least, it's clear we can't rely on governments to act in peoples' best interests, let alone spiritual interests.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Has anyone else read Jakeb Brock's "The New Consciousness"? It takes a really interesting view on history through the lens of consciousness development and argues that we are actually arriving at a time when we can collectively right the wrongs of the world by evolving to a higher spiritual elevation.

Here's a sort of introduction to the concept if you want a better idea: ournewconsciousness dot com/from-the-desk-of-jakeb-brock-an-introduction-to-the-new-consciousness/

The book makes a lot of good points, but it's often hard to be so optimistic... maybe that means I'm not personally ready for that evolution? I used to work in the news and seeing the direction the world in directed in these days is a bit discouraging. The only time I actually feel optimistic is when interacting with a small group of individuals. I think most people today want to let go of strife and just live happily in peace - but these are the people with power and influence.

What do you think?

I would say a higher state of consciousness means the dropping of beliefs, because thoughts and corresponding emotions stems from beliefsets, and conflict is always emotional.

In the external world, conflict arises when one man's belief clashes with anothers with the consequent repurcussions.

As long as beliefs are used to prop up a false sense of identity, there is bound to be reactive clashes.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 12-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Master

Quote:

What do you think?
I started to read the introduction you pointed at, but I lost interest quickly. I didn't want to contradict the author without giving his book a chance.

The title rubbed me wrong from the get going: "new" consciousness? That is some arrogance ... How long has lived the modern human on this planet? How does it compare to the billions of years of existence of the planet?

I believe that all these Earth-centric theories aren't any better than those about the Sun revolving around the Earth.

Humans will never evolve in mass over a certain level because those more evolved won't reincarnate on Earth. Humans reincarnate because they can't stay long on a non-physical plane, due to their emotions, fear especially.

Earth is like a school. You come here, learn whatever you have to learn, then move on, leaving it behind for others to follow the same process.

Last edited by inavalan : 12-10-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
What do you think?
The loving are becoming more loving, the wise are getting wiser, the ignorant are becoming more delusional, the mad are becming more deranged..

'Natural selection' ('evolution') or 'The Hand of God' ('judgment') - take your pick - will result in a culling - our populations are about to be decimated (by global warming, diseases, the four horsemen of the apocalypse, whatever) after which 'the Spirit of Life' as well as 'Life on Earth' (or some other planet if this one becomes uninhabitable) will be seen to have 'advanced' to 'higher' level (of integration).

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away." (Revelation 21:1)

"We look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness...." II Peter, 3:13)

The idea and/or desire of everyone being part of the same 'collective' is based on a false premise.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Suspended
As said by some already in this thread, the energies that are coming onto the planet now, amplify everything so loving, brave, good people are going to become more of that, cruel tyrannical people are going to get more crazy... umm lots of peoples issues rising to the surface for them to deal with an face the thing is many people do not know how to deal with there stuff they were never told or taught or have not taken the time to learn, so eventually some people will kinda be pushed onto there own inner spiritual/ healing journeys an then those will help others, thats already happening actually.. stuff may get a bit crazy not that it already isn't but it could get a whole lot worse before it gets better. But like others have said here there is also a lot of good stuff, the new health shops iv noticed too.. people don't seem to be so fascinated with drama, more spiritual people about (i say spiritual people because i mean the way these people are dressing, some people like to wear there spirituality, not me though) things like this.. and you can talk about things that people would have not really spoke about years back too.. its like its getting better an worse at the same time, a tugger war in ways.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
As said by some already in this thread, the energies that are coming onto the planet now, amplify everything so loving, brave, good people are going to become more of that, cruel tyrannical people are going to get more crazy... umm lots of peoples issues rising to the surface for them to deal with an face the thing is many people do not know how to deal with there stuff they were never told or taught or have not taken the time to learn, so eventually some people will kinda be pushed onto there own inner spiritual/ healing journeys an then those will help others, thats already happening actually.. stuff may get a bit crazy not that it already isn't but it could get a whole lot worse before it gets better. But like others have said here there is also a lot of good stuff, the new health shops iv noticed too.. people don't seem to be so fascinated with drama, more spiritual people about (i say spiritual people because i mean the way these people are dressing, some people like to wear there spirituality, not me though) things like this.. and you can talk about things that people would have not really spoke about years back too.. its like its getting better an worse at the same time, a tugger war in ways.
Hi-Ho Nature Grows! Glad you are on the same side as my 'tug o war' (or that I am one the same side as yours)!
Old 13-10-2018, 02:05 AM
Master
I see it more like a polarisation of society - even within the collective framework.

There are those of us who 'know' and who are 'aware' and those of us who don't know, don't want to know and are happy killing each other, smoking ice in a back alley somewhere, trampling on fingers up the corporate ladder, living sheltered lives in the hope that 'everything will get better if we wish it all away'....etc.

Unfortunately, there exists way more latter than the former.
Old 13-10-2018, 04:06 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi-Ho Nature Grows! Glad you are on the same side as my 'tug o war' (or that I am one the same side as yours)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I see it more like a polarisation of society - even within the collective framework.

There are those of us who 'know' and who are 'aware' and those of us who don't know, don't want to know and are happy killing each other, smoking ice in a back alley somewhere, trampling on fingers up the corporate ladder, living sheltered lives in the hope that 'everything will get better if we wish it all away'....etc.

Yes, glad! and yes.. to both of u.
Old 13-10-2018, 04:31 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Thats why its called Ignorance, IGNORE-rance .... people ignore stuff right in there faces!! because they are cowards..
Closed Thread