Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-09-2018, 01:48 AM
Experiencer
Cat Tattoos and Spirituality?

I was wondering if tattoos have an impact on the body's energy fields or chakras.
Are there tattoos that can have a positive effect
on the body?
I have always wanted a tattoo but when i think about it it's just be my ego who wants it lol
Does anyone have a tattoo on here?
Any thoughts?
Old 25-09-2018, 06:12 AM
Master
I see tattoos as self mutilation

As well, I am just a guest in this body and try to treat it with as much respect as I can.
Old 25-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight11
I was wondering if tattoos have an impact on the body's energy fields or chakras.
People do get chakra tattoos for the purpose of vamping up the energy field so to speak. I have no idea if it works though. Tattoos are soul-art if you're looking for a spiritual-sounding description, hehe. But really, they just another form of individual expression, no different than choosing specific clothes, hair style, jewellery, etc. In that respect they have as much of a positive affect as anything else one chooses to wear, yes. And no, I do not have a tattoo, but only because I have no interest in getting one.
Old 25-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Master
Hey,

I have 5 tattoo's, my first one was a swallow but with an edgy style like angel wings, and next a pin up girl, I feel these were relating to styles I liked and wanted to decorate my body with, and what idea's I wanted to represent on my body. I got a panda tattoo as that was my nickname and I resonated with the energy of panda's, I then got a double chest rose tattoo which I love but wish I got it more realistic instead of sailor Jerry style, but I was into that at the time. I wanted to have something that stood out and I love roses, and lastly I got a cross on the back of my neck with God is Love in scroll writing. This last tattoo meant the most to me as I was going through a tough time and felt I really connected with Jesus/God at this time. When I had that tattoo I zoned out to a meditative state and it was really painless even though it was along my neck/spine, I remember laying there and thinking my other ones hurt so much but this one felt different it was strange, like mind over matter and what it meant to me took away the pain. It felt like a declaration to God so for some reason it was quiet peaceful and I took the pain well, that it was almost painless. I don't know if it has an energetic effect, but sometimes I will be thinking of something with my head down and become aware of the tattoo and it reminds me of God etc. I've noticed over time I have small skin tags/bumps on my rose tattoo's which I don't know what that means if it is related to the tattoo on my body and have been curious about it, I don't know if its a negative energetic effect from it that is coming out physically. Although I have read somewhere that certain inks for tattoos can be poisonous for the body and didn't know if I've made the wrong choice getting them. As Rah nam says, it could also be seen as self mutilation, as I read the act of breaking blood from the body is a satanic ritual in some form, I guess it depends what you feel/believe. I wish I had put more thought into my tattoos, and got some of them finished properly, but they mean a lot to me and I wouldn't change them :) I haven't wanted a tattoo for a few years but I have been getting the idea for a while to get a blue tit and a robin as I love them so much and would love to have that on my body. I would say if it means something to you and its not whimsical then its not necessarily ego, but as Baile says, soul art, that's what I feel it means to me.
Old 26-09-2018, 02:07 AM
Experiencer
I see,
Love all of the different answers.
Different perspectives <3
Thank you for sharing =)

This made me wonder about what
tattoos meant to people from
ancient civilizations like the Aztecs or Egyptians.
Tattoos have been around for a very
long time. I wonder what methos they
used to tattoo back in the day lol

I love Metatron's cube and I
was thinking of having it as tattoo so i became
curious about the effect of tattoos in the body lol

That's a pretty interesting experience with your "God is Love" tattoo LadyRose :)
Maybe we are the ones that give tattoos some
sort of power? Very cool.
Old 26-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Master
ah yes interesting, I have seen that before tattoo guns people used to use a tool that was like a wooden point and they would put ink on it and then use like a hammer tool to knock it into the skin, not sure if they used something similar to this back then.

Metatron's cube is very cool, I've never actually thought of getting spiritually symbolic tattoo's but you saying that has got me wondering :)

Yeah I had never thought of that before but I guess when we associate meaning with our intentions that could create an energetic power or imprint of some sort, thank you starlight :)
Old 26-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Experiencer
No, thank you for the awesome replies =D
If i ever get metatrons cube as a tattoo it would
be as a symbol to remind me of my own awesome inner power lol At least that is the intention i want to put behind it.

Wishing you an amazing present moment~
Old 26-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I see tattoos as self mutilation

As well, I am just a guest in this body and try to treat it with as much respect as I can.

Yes this!!!!

To me tattoos are not art......they are defacement.....and I findly them to be fairly repulsive on woman depending on size and where and what they are.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 26-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for sharing Lucky1

In my own humble opinion,
I like to see it as it's own unique form of art, just like life itself in all it's "dark and light", "good and bad" facets. Even a plastic bag flying against a beautiful blue sky is art to me lol but this is just me

Hope you have an amazing day ~
Old 26-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Master

I have never felt the desire to get a tattoo, but I can understand those who consider tattoos as artistic self-expression and also those who consider it as a defacement of the human body.

The problem is that our bodies change and our ideas change over time. So the tattoo which we may think looks so good when we are 20 could become an embarrassment in later life.

Peace.

Last edited by iamthat : 26-09-2018 at 10:41 PM.