Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I have been to a lot of workshops to see how others do things or teach things and that really gave me an eye opening experiences as you really need to be ready to open to things. When it just happens there is no way to be ready for it but the "shock factor" is the same. Its when you have that courage to explore and ask questions on your experiences that we do learn the most.

I agree its not easy to "talk about" those things that are still in the taboo areas at times or in those realms of the paranormal that are again outside that box. Yet that is changing as more and more we open to understand that death is not the end.

When you see something that you do not understand I feel that there is a lesson in that happening something you can take from it.

Lynn

Lynn,

Where did you find these workshops? I am assuming just searching the internet for one in your local area?

Mediumship has been a very hard experience for me. I have had so many things that happened to me energetically, to where its been so hard to understand. I don’t have anyone locally that I can talk to that would understand because of the reason that you stated of being “taboo”.

I am going to post a separate topic under mediumship.

Thanks!
Old 30-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Hello

You really have to "dig" to find at times what is underground in Metaphysical groups. I am blessed I grew up in a large city that was very diverse in what you could find, and the community I now live in is very much open to a lot of the alternative ideas. This so is not the case most times.

Growing up was a different story when you come into the World with it all there it is literally a reverse in leaning how it all works. You hear things and see things and just figure everyone does and its just not talked about.

Here lies the main issue when we do hear something or see something that we can not explain what do we do with that information or how do we understand we are not going nuts ?

We have to learn to trust ourself and trust that there is a higher power out there that protects us along that path we walk and there is a lesson or reason for it happening to us.

Who to tell and what to share is the hardest part. As a child I know now I was kept silent so that i avoided the institution I could have been locked away in.

Lynn
Old 11-10-2018, 03:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

You really have to "dig" to find at times what is underground in Metaphysical groups. I am blessed I grew up in a large city that was very diverse in what you could find, and the community I now live in is very much open to a lot of the alternative ideas. This so is not the case most times.

Growing up was a different story when you come into the World with it all there it is literally a reverse in leaning how it all works. You hear things and see things and just figure everyone does and its just not talked about.

Here lies the main issue when we do hear something or see something that we can not explain what do we do with that information or how do we understand we are not going nuts ?

We have to learn to trust ourself and trust that there is a higher power out there that protects us along that path we walk and there is a lesson or reason for it happening to us.

Who to tell and what to share is the hardest part. As a child I know now I was kept silent so that i avoided the institution I could have been locked away in.

Lynn

That’s sad. It’s really hard to decide who to tell or not. I haven’t really told any friends.

I did go to a Metaphysical fair last weekend. They had some lectures that you could sit in on.

That’s the second one that I have been to. I can’t really go to those too much. I guess its a too much energy in the room with mediums doing channelings and a lot of crystals in the room. Energy overload. There’s always those Tibetan bowls that people always play with. I’m sensitive to those.