Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Ascender
Quote:
"*Dreams are also astral experiences, but the difference is that they are like watching a movie that is an interpretation of the astral vibration, rather than a direct, conscious experience of being in the astral."

So my question is:

What is this?

Quote:
]Rather than a direct concious experience of being in the astral

Thankyou

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyduck
So my question is:

What is this?

Thankyou

Indeed. "A direct, conscious experience" is simply being focused in "real time," or what some are now calling "the Vortex." It is the present-moment awareness of instantly receiving the emotional satisfaction of one's own desire, with no lapse in time and no sense of lack, whether one appears to be in the 3D/4D physical, dream-body (as in a lucid dream), astral or any "dimension." Or in other words, it is a direct, conscious FEELING--an inner knowing--of joyously creating one's personal reality in the present moment. You're very welcome. -Kar
Old 07-03-2011, 02:05 PM
ToltecWarrior

dear simon k,

I would like to know where you get the idea that all this is completly safe and harmless?

Isn´t this a little bit like saying driving is perfectly safe or letting your children play in the street?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToltecWarrior
dear simon k,

I would like to know where you get the idea that all this is completly safe and harmless?

Isn´t this a little bit like saying driving is perfectly safe or letting your children play in the street?
Let's try this approach.
What do you think can happen to you while you're in the non-physical?
Perhaps we can assure you that whatever you fear might happen, won't happen.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
ToltecWarrior

Dear Xanth,

'' Let's try this approach.
What do you think can happen to you while you're in the non-physical?
Perhaps we can assure you that whatever you fear might happen, won't happen. ''

My own personal experiences of being out of body have pretty much all been frightening and you may say negative. Not to say that I would be unwilling to explore these possibilities. In regards to what I think can happen I refer to the many horror stories I have read about the subject.

I had a look on your web site as you suggested and this was the first post I read at random.

Becoming suspicious of something being amiss, I turned quickly to face whoever was holding me so close from behind and talking into my ear. I could clearly see a young man, light complexion, thin, small eyes, with sandy colored hair parted nearly in the middle, looking at me smiling. It was not a ‘warm’ friendly smile and I felt concerned.

My guard was up, but surprisingly, felt NO fear. I asked him ‘Who are you?’ and “Are of a part of my higher self?” Not really sure if these were the right questions as my thoughts were still not clear, I then remembered what William Buhlman had told us to do should you face someone of questionable character, asking “What do you represent?” (Those who are of the Light will respond, those who are less than desirable cannot lie nor remain). I saw his face distort slightly, and then he disappeared!

Immediately after, I pulled back to full awareness, and thought about what just happened.

In hindsight, I realized I did not do my usual induction to include the 'white light of protection' and a request for those 'at or above my level of development', having used just the Hemi-sync MP3s to induce. Likely I was in a very ‘near-physical’ dimension where a ‘less-than-desirable’ entity may have been waiting. I was never afraid, but I knew something wasn't right.

Although I rarely encounter these 'lower level' entities, it is important that you always know who you are dealing with when OOB. Asking them 'what do you represent?' will give you the insight as to their intentions. My lesson here was that this visualization of white light with a protection request should remain a key part of my induction routine!

Xanth, this experience in many ways mirrors my own in the sense of having not just a feeling but the very knowledge that something is interfering with us.

As I said before, I don't merely expect people to ignore the possibilities inherent within our being, but so often I come across this care free attitude of '' oh its all safe '' '' nothing bad is ever going to happen '' And I get the feeling Xanth that anyone with any real experiences might want to warn of the dangers as well as the pro's. And if you say to me there are no dangers I will be wondering what experience must you have?

To finish, one of the most successful accounts I have read about Astral projection was from a book written in the 1920's. The book was written not by the projector but by his business partner and gives account upon account of procedures and techniques. My point here is that basically what happened to the projector himself was that he died and the evidence suggests that it was his involvement in the astral world that killed him prematurely.

Kind regards,

TW
Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Greetings, Toltec.

The only "danger" in any practice is one's own fear-based attitude (especially after reading about the "negative" experiences of others and saturating your mind with such ideas and expectations). There are no "external" dangers nor enemies in existence. The only "danger" is one's own fear, and this comes from a lack of self-love, not from anything "out there." William Buhlman's experiences were highly spiritual for him because of his pre-existing spiritual attitude he had BEFORE he even practiced out-of-body experiences. My experiences have been the same. No encounters with any "low-level entities" or "demons" or any other delusional, self-made scenarios, but rather fun, explorative journeys. For me, in the beginning there was a very minimal fear when consciously out-of-body (and this was very rare, because once out-of-body my consciousness was more confident and clear than usual), and I quickly learned to heal this and forgive myself. Being out-of-body in itself cannot be dangerous. Only one's own mindset can create any so-called "danger," and evoke a similar response from any "entities" that they may encounter. Projection cannot be dangerous in itself, as it is a natural function of consciousness to create the illusion of "projection" when the soul incarnates into any experience through manifesting a body.

Humans have "negative experiences" due their "unconscious" guardedness, preconceived ideas and soul agreements. Most people are not very aware of how guarded they are, yet a simple and honest look in the self-mirror will clearly show them what areas they would need to work on, in order to have the success that they so desire. Without exception, in every single case of people reporting "negative" experiences with such practices as astral projection, they always have let themselves be affected by the opinions and beliefs of others in regards to "what will happen" during projection; or, if they haven't read or heard about AP, any initial experiences that one may have that seem fearful is actually a natural response, until one becomes educated in the power of their mind and how it creates their personal experience. After all, in general no one learns about AP nor "law of attraction" through the educational system.

Toltec, my friend, your "frightening" experiences are totally your responsibility and mental creation. No one can "force" an experience upon you, as there would be an inner agreement between you and the "other," and in most cases a person would be totally unaware that such an agreement even exists, unless they knew about the nature of consciousness. We make agreements in the astral vibration ALL THE TIME, sometimes months of years before physically encountering the person(s) involved. This includes pre-birth agreements. There are no accidents in existence. Everything happens in PERFECT ORDER, according to the nature of consciousness. Everything in life is a role, a part that consciousness plays. There is no guardedness between souls, and there need not be guardedness among humans. Humanity collectively is learning this, and some of us our wisely taking it to heart and applying defenselessness in THIS lifetime. Being "guarded" actually attracts "negative circumstances." Guardedness is not self-confidence. Buhlman and I have proved that to ourselves through beginning our out-of-body practices with a balance of confidence over fear. Yes, some degree of guardedness/fear has been part of the learning experience, and this is normal in human experience, until one learns to fully surrender their desire to "protect" oneself. I am not against such practices at all, and even would occasionally recommend them to certain people who feel they need "protection." However, for me, I know that such things in life are temporary, and a truly spiritually-confident person (such as Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, etc.) has let these things go, and do not even feel a need to protect the body. Notice that the most joyous, easygoing people are not ones who speak of themselves as "victims." Nor do they lack compassion for those that believe themselves to be victimized, and they offer help to those who are actually willing to listen and learn about their true inner power. Astral projection is neutral in the sense that one can have a "positive" or "negative" experience, yet it is "safe" in the true sense that the soul cannot be harmed. And intuitively I understand that the soul knows that even the person is never really harmed. Yes, in human perception there is such experiences. Remember, EVERYTHING IS ENERGY, and energy is simply a manifestation of formless consciousness. When people complain about their "negative" experiences, they do so from a lack of awareness and appreciation for their very existence; because obviously, if we weren't supposed to "be here" then we wouldn't "be here." Nothing is "random" and there are no "mistakes." Everything is in order, even the so-called "chaos" is perfectly ordered. In this light, perhaps you may find something of benefit from this discussion. Xanth and I don't bother with challenging people's beliefs in online forums. We predominantly do our practices with joy and positive expectation, and our results reflect that; and when guided to do so we offer to people ideas to help soothe any fears they may have. If our own experiences were "frightening," we would have nothing of benefit to offer anyone, but the overwhelming positive feedback we receive shows that there are people willing to have fun and focus on positive growth with these practices. For those that disagree and question the source of our beliefs, well obviously on some level such people are also drawn to SOMETHING that they inwardly feel may benefit them--or else why even bother to try to "understand" someone else's beliefs? We are not here to figure others out, only to love ourselves, and then we automatically have love to give others. If one feels that he/she strongly disagrees with something they read, why not simply "turn the other cheek" and focus on what they feel would serve them, among those they feel a kinship with? That, to me, makes more sense. These are my first and last words to you on this subject here, my friend, for these are not debate forums, but are intended to be a sharing in the spirit of joy. I honestly feel that your above message shows you as someone who is more curious and a bit cautious about such things than being a fearful person, and your attitude about your experiences shows you to be progressive in your thinking. I thank you for adding to this thread. Be well. -Kar

Last edited by Simon Karlos : 09-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 PM
ToltecWarrior

dear simon,

I see what you are saying. i dont see how astral projection being a natural proccess somehow sudenly makes it safe? by the same token that life in general is a natural proccess and look how it ends up for most of us! i think that what makes us feel safe simon, and i know this or s fact, is when we act within our comfort zones. its so,easy to do isnt it?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Hi Toltec.

I hear you, my friend. I agree. Comfort zones can often seem difficult to stretch and expand. I don't see them as a problem in themselves, as they are just belief frameworks. The part that we often generally struggle with (humanity in general) is not recognizing just how self-limiting those frameworks can be, and how transparent they really are, for it is quite possible to change any ideas we have that do not serve our highest Self-interest.

I like your name, as I have studied some of the Toltec wisdom in my spiritual journey, as well as contemporary teachers such as don Miguel Ruiz, and related teachings such as Carlos Castaneda (my first name by birth is Carlos).
My silly "Guidelines" I do not even take seriously; they are just some ideas about this subject of AP, flavored with my understanding of Non-duality, that I offered for those who may resonate with anything in them. Nothing I offer through words is true at all, yet the central inner "thread" of what I share is based on loving oneSelf unconditionally, and like everyone else I am learning this lesson.

I'm glad you joined this thread and shared your concerns, questions and good ideas, as it is surely equally yours as it is anyone else's. I see value in this interaction. And if we ever happen to encounter each other out-of-body, perhaps we'll have a couple of "astral beers" and make a toast to Friendship (that is, if you favor beer).

Peace & Best Wishes
Kar
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
abikisses

I've really enjoyed reading your entry.

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikisses
I've really enjoyed reading your entry.

Blessings
Abikisses

Oh, thank you, Abi! You're a sweetheart. Y'know, I acted upon a positive inner urge now to revisit this forum again, after just finishing listening to a very uplifting audio recording. Thank you sooo much, my sister! This feels really good.

Blessings
Kar