Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Master
My first experience of Astral Projection was rather short, which I found out later on that is a good thing. We want to keep our Astral experiences extremely short in the beginning, over time the time spend out increased. Fortunately my first 6 or 7 experiences were great, since then they have been getting worst and worst due to Astral hitch hikers/Negative entities/Elementals.

My first experience of leaving my body I started meditated right after waking up, I had slept in so it was late afternoon. I remember random thoughts popping into my head, I would grab onto one for a moment, ponder on it and then throw it away and move onto the next. After doing that for so long my consciousness faded away like when you are falling asleep.

Suddenly I snapped out of it and was fully conscious laying there in my bed. I did not know it at the time but my conscious mind was inside of my Astral body and no longer my physical. I felt a huge torso surge of energy which led to an extreme case of the notorious body vibrations. Suddenly I shot out of my body and flew straight up to my ceiling. I was stuck there for a second and rolled over looked down and saw my bottom half of my physical body, around my waist to my legs. I was so excited that I lost my focus and snapped out of it instantly my consciousness went back to my physical body I leaped up with a huge smile on my face in disbelief what had just happened and began texting every friend I had that I had been talking to about Astral Projection.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
froozle89

please help some advice here skeptic or believer

I never thought i would be signing up to a spirituality forum to discuss the experience i had but it appears this is where my path has lead me for now.

I don't really know where to start from all the little coincidences i've had in my life but one thing that really shook me up and confirmed to me that there certainly is a lot more to our psychical world than meets the eye was from what i gather the beginnings of an outer body experience.

Now on this particular occasion i was smoking cannabis, i know this is frowned upon by some people and it isn't something i depend upon or use everyday. Also its quite difficult for some people to take you seriously because i was "high". I thought i'd let you know that because it is quite vital and honest of me however i am not encouraging anyone to smoke cannabis at all.

So i was just sitting at my desk in my room watching an interview online by a favourite author of mine, Graham Hancock a researcher and writer of ancient cultures. I was quite calm and relaxed and i noticed this high pitch frequency like that from a TV gives off, i had heard it before when i had another experience but i decided to ignore it the previous time(thats another story) but this time i decided to listen to it.

As i listened to it i paused the video i was watching, and closed my eyes and relaxed and focused on the noise. The frequency changed pitch up and down as if tuning into something it then grew louder and louder and became a humming noise. It literally felt like some electrical wires were plugging into my ears, it felt like i had reach another level after the humming had calmed down and then i was in a moment of bliss all the while trying to battle the mental noise of me asking myself "whats happening here?Is this real? Should i open my eyes? Some inner knowing just told me to remain calm and to enjoy the experience. I felt a presence of a female with me but it didn't feel human it felt divine as if she was helping me almost. I had this warm loving feeling within me and then that is when i began to feel vibrations throughout my body.

I also had a feeling of great pressure in my neck and spine and i tilted my head backwards so my face was facing the ceiling my breathing changed and when i breathed in and out my breathing was so prolonged and also with every breath i took i felt myself going deeper and deeper.

Then my heart rate began to build up and up and up until i felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest, i felt myself almost ascending but i was scared of where i was going and i couldn't handle the beat of my pounding heart and then i had to stop myself because i was scared. I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror and even though i hadn't left the body i thought "so thats what it means to be human". I could still hear my pounding heart and it really did feel like it was going to pop out but i still felt very privileged to have that experience, it was so joyful even though i did feel like it was a very rookie experience and there was a lot more to explore.

I do have some concerns though which is why i am here, one is i know that this is possible without the use of cannabis i am just having difficulty in getting to that state again without it, i wasn't really doing the stereo typical meditation and the whole experience was brought on by a sound while i was sitting at my desk ( however i was in a relaxed position so i guess that was the start of a meditative state ). I want to be able to get back to that state again without being high.

I was raised as a christian and i believe in Jesus Christ but i am not sure about the teachings of christianity today regarding spirituality because it is forbidden apparently. I know Jesus wants the best for everyone but man has waged war in the name of God since i can remember, today it is still present George Bush's war on terror in the name of christianity i mean that is quite bad getting all those people to vote for him because he believes in christ yet he has a lot of blood upon his hands in regards of the wars that he waged. Hypocrasy at its finest. Im having abit of a battle with my religious beliefs too and im a little scared i could be dabbling with something dangerous here, my Aunt says i should call upon my spirit guides if anything like this happens again.

Another thing which is a bit crazy which is quite hard for me to talk about i get these feelings or impulses to look at a clock particularly a digital one and when i do most times its always in double numbers such 21:21. On the minute side of the clock i see 11 mins past a lot also a lot of 22 mins past ,33 and 44 not so much 55 tho. I don't know if i am getting myself carried away here or not and to the skeptic or the person who has not had an experience like this i am probably a lunatic. I mentioned earlier in the post i told my Aunt about this OBE mainly because i needed some advice and i thought she maybe able to help, she goes to a spiritual church and her friend is a medium. I told her about this numbers theme that keeps cropping up too. Later on the day of telling her im at a friends house and we decide to visit the shop, when im in there i get an urge to buy a scratch card and i have a look at the rolls they come on, there are numbers 1 to 12 to choose from and in my head i choose a number 8. while queuing i have an idea that some how i can communicate to the girl behind the till to pick up a number 8 scratch card without saying i want a number 8 so i hold this thought heavily in my head and i ask her for a scratch card and she walks over to where they are pulls on the number 8 roll to my disbelief, i ask her how did you know i wanted a number 8 she said "everyone has been buying them" , just coincidence? Maybe.When i got back to my friends i was just going to speak up about what happened in the shop then all the power goes off in the flat and were in darkness, then i pull out my phone to see what the clock says and its 21:21 again the double digits as if it is some kind of clarification.

Ive had a lot of other "coincidences" too but i don't want to rant on forever i kind of feel like im losing the plot here at times and really need some advice i havnt been meditating or trying to for a while i am just trying to make sense of this stuff. i am currently in the final year of my degree and i have fallen behind on my studies due to getting caught up in this experience but im trying to learn to live with it and find a healthy balance, any feedback would be great thanks and apologies for taking up lots of blog space.

Oh and last night after writing this out i decided to try and meditate again. my room was in complete darkness and for a while nothing really happened i just told myself to focus and be patient, then i had this "wobble feeling" and a faint light appeared (there was nothing in my room that was emitting light neither) then this small ball of fuzzy light appeared to come towards me then back again repeating itself until it got closer and closer then i opened my eyes and changed position i had some feelings in my back and legs when i concentrated on them and in my visual i saw this blackness crawling over me almost like ants running over my faces was probably the best way to describe it.

thanks peace x
Old 09-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Master
First off you should not smoke cannabis and attempt OOBE's, it changes your vibrations and opens you up to things you cannot begin to possibly imagine. A clean sober mind is how you approach these matters, intoxicants will only harm you in the long run when it comes to spirituality.

I also hear the television ringing when I focus on it. A lot of people meditate and get into the trance state by focusing on sounds they are hearing. That is why monks meditate using mantras like "Ooommm", it causes their voice to vibrate and gives them a noise to focus onto. The key to entering a trance is to have your mind focused on one thing only which is why noise is a good thing to focus upon.

I don't know how you could feel it was a woman or a man unless you have some ESP you were not aware of. Either that or the marijuana was causing you to assume things far too easily, I know from experience it certainly can make someone believe something that may not be so. But it could of been your spirit guide in which case though they are somewhat like angels and angels are sexless. Nevertheless it is said angels always take the male form, who knows though. It could of been your higher self (Over self) telling you to keep going and guiding you.

It is common in pre Astral projection for someone's heart to start beating rapidly. It has happened to me on several occasions, even on times I never left my body. I agree with you I don't think you actually had a OOBE, but I think you were on the way to having one. It is common for people to lose their focus when they get pre projection symptoms, it is exciting.

Religious people are on both sides of the fences some consider it divination, witchcraft, or magic. I don't see it that way though I see it just as I see meditation. People don't go to hell for dreaming every night they sleep and while all dreams aren't Astral Projection it is almost the exact same thing. It is about what you want and what you see it as. I don't believe in hell being a place you burn in fire.

Hell is the lower astral planes where spirits are stuck because of things they did in their physical life and it is hell to them because they can see everything they want but since they aren't in the physical they can only see it and cannot indulge them self, that is what I and a lot of people believe hell is. But thats not to say there aren't scary things in the lower astral planes, because the ideas of demons and things didn't come from nowhere. It came from encounters with some of the worst things that inhabit the lowest astral planes.

The time thing could be ESP, could be coincidence. I am sure you look at the clock a lot of other times and since it isn't any special numbers you don't really notice it and just move on. Eventually things like that are bound to happen since time runs our lives.

I do not suggest meditating in the darkness, especially in the beginning. It makes it so easy for you to have a fearful reaction which will lower your vibrations and attract entities which live on the same vibration, and that vibration is low and the entities are not good.

The thing you describe with the dim lighted movements happened to me around my third or fourth time meditating and freaked me out. It was an entity they are referred to as elementals, I advise you to ignore it 100%. You do not want to deal with this type of stuff so early in your spiritual awakening and you have no way of knowing if it is good or bad. If it is bad and you pay attention to it that will only increase the amount of time it sticks around and could cause it to have attachments to you.

It could already have attachments and using you to get high. Like I said earlier entities in "Hell" can't indulge their desires. So they will find humans who live on the same vibrational level and attach to them so when the human gets high/drunk so can they. So please just ignore the entities and meditate in a dimly lit room.

I suggest you use Binaural beats to meditate, it will give you a noise to focus on. Use Theta wave Binaural beats and they will help you achieve trance state much easier and help keep you relaxed. That feeling of floating is also a symptom of trance state which is what I believe you were in, not quite Astral Projection state though.

I hope this helped you some!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Master
Tell yourself to relax before you go to sleep, OP, then just let the experience unfold. You know you can pull out anytime you feel it's too intense, so just have the 'explorer' mentality. These are new dimensions which are opening up for you.

The first memory of AP I have is of being a little girl and leaving my body to dance a ballet near the ceiling. I could see my sleeping body while I played at being a ballerina, the funny thing was each time I did a Pierrette my head would disappear through the ceiling...it felt like walking through fog. :)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Pathfinder
hi,

i dont know if it was AP but i was flying alongside something/someone they were holding me and we were flying out over the sea and in the distance was a huge rock with a monestery on top, as we got closer and flew over the monostery there were beautiful bells ringing, i heard them bells for days after my dream. my guide who was flying with me then went round a corner and we went into a bay with mountain cliffs all up the side with all these historic great figures (like what you would see in egypt) some had fallen into the water and others were on the cave sides, the most beautiful sights id ever seen and i knew it was more than a dream, this happened a couple of yrs ago but ive just remembered it all again as ive typed it. i just woke up knowing it wasnt a normal dream and i had been taken somewhere very special. whether that was lucid dreaming or astral travelling i would love to know but special it was !
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
BlueOwl

I am not sure if it is my first because I have probably had loads in my teens and early 20s when I was more unassuming to the dreams I had and yet I had some very odd and bizarre experinces and vibrations back then.

I started to pay more attention a few months ago and they have become vivid compared to what they were back then. In October I found myself in a dream which at first I was not aware then I became aware when a passed away male who I loved very much came into the room I was in. We exchanged small talk and hugged and it was very vivid. I would and tbh still debating this if it was just a lucid dream but at the end of the dream there was a huge woosh and I felt being sucked back into my body. It is that end part that makes me think maybe I had ap. I just don't recall leaving my body but it isn't the first that I don't recall leaving and I ap spontaneous too all the time. I think I often ap from within my dreams. I have had quite a few since this one and all with the same fella.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Master
Jadey nobody recalls leaving their body in 99% of the dreams. I believe not all dreams are AP but some surely are and the one you describe sounds very much like AP. Before I knew what AP was I was suffering from Sleep Paralysis and Night Terrors and on several occasions when I was paralyzed right before I gained control back my entire body would be vibrating. At first I thought I was having seizures or something but much later on I found out that was a symptom of Astral Projection. I could not move my physical body because my Astral body was not completely reintegrated yet, either that or my Etheric body was being held out of place by one of the entities I am dealing with.

Either way though that proves to me that we certainly do leave our bodies sometimes when we are dreaming. Not until I learned how to Astral project have I remembered leaving my body while dreaming. It is unlikely you will ever remember leaving your body unless you are Lucid dreaming and you make yourself leave your body.

We only remember the dreams we wake up from. So if you think about it you are probably only remembering a small portion of your dreams every night, and it is always the last dreams you have right before waking up. So it makes sense that we would not remember leaving our body, but occasionally we will experience us going back into our body since we remember the dreams we wake up from.. Make sense to you?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
BlueOwl

That does make sense to me yes :)

I think I have only had 3 or 4 proper ap that did not involve being in a dream. Those ones I recall leaving my body a lot before it happened successfully although half of them were very short and sweet and I only got as far as my room. One of those ap involved this man I was talking about. All the others which had made me debate were all from dreams and often I recall going back into my body with them with some kind of quick woosh feeling or loud noise.

Once I was fying in a dream. It was pretty weird like some dreams are. I was feeling happy flying around in and out of people's houses ( nosy lol )and the dream was mish mashed up and then I was walking and all of a sudden there was a wooosh and I felt like I was being lifted up and within seconds I was in a completly different location walking down a cobble street with houses that do not look like houses from the UK. They had different styles and character. I think they were like houses you would find in other parts of Europe. I became more aware of my self and was just walking down this street and all of a sudden heard loud singing in my head. I thought it was me even though I cannot sing lol but then realised it wasn't me. ( My friend was in a local band before he passed away ) I then saw an old man I never seen before pointing down the street jestering that I carry on walking ahead. I then see my firend I was talking about who I often see in lucid/ap open this door of the side street and poke his head out like he was looking for someone. I rush over to him and we hugged. It was weird the part where I was like in an ordinary dream and get that woosh feeling during it and end up in a different location with self awareness all of a sudden.