Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Master
I don't know if these were from past lives or not, and I have felt what it feels like to drown or nearly drown in this life, but before I had that experience, I've awoken from dreams experiencing them as well.

Drowning...very painful, the holding your breath, remembering wanting to breath so badly, but knowing I can't and also knowing at some point, soon, that I'm going to try and gasp for air but no air will be found...and the gasp comes and I inhale water over and over and I become heavy and heavier... and sinking. In my real life experience, it's horrifying because I was thinking "I'm going to die and there is nothing I can do about it..." I was thinking how badly it hurt and when will it stop hurting. It's amazing what you think of when you are dying. I thought when will I leave my body...I started to find peace and the next thing I know I am gasping for air and choking and puking out water.

I have had dreams where I go through all that again,and I am always thinking though, "please wake up...please I want to wake up.." because it hurts so badly.

I dream I am asphyxiating (sp?) on something, or I can't swallow. I must swallow, but I can't...saliva is pooling in my mouth, I can't open it to spit, but I can't swallow it either and the pain in my throat is unbearable, and my heart feels as though it's going to burst and/or explode. The pain is so great. Then I wake up before I do...I really am experiencing the pain the dreams which I hate...and it takes me awhile to 'recover' when I wake and for the pain to subside. Is that past life dreaming. I have no idea.
Old 21-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Master
Sarian... I have read many NDE stories, and often when people are drowning or unable to breath for some other reason they first feel the panic and struggle what you describe. There comes a point, though, when one lets go and accepts what's happening, and that changes the whole experience.

Here's a true story:

I started drowning, pulling my friend down as I tried to get to the surface for a breath. When my other friend saw what was happening he jumped into the water to help. Now I was pulling down two people in order to reach the surface. I was desperate and totally out of control. I was dying.

After approximately two to three minutes of struggle for survival, which seemed like an eternity -- I had swallowed plenty of water -- I reached a point of complete relaxation. I felt warm, nice and wasn't afraid anymore. All the fear was gone but I was aware of my surroundings.

My eyes were wide open. I knew I was dying but I didn't feel bad at all. I felt beautiful. I was going to the bottom of the river that at the point of the drowning was very deep. I can still remember seeing the sunlight coming through the surface and having this feeling of complete calmness.

Then one of my friends pulled me from my hair out of the water. I felt no pain. When I was finally at safety I couldn't stop crying. I was in shock. It may not have been an out of body experience or I wasn't clinically dead, but I can't forget the point where I wasn't afraid anymore and all the terror was gone.

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/38-beauty-and-no-fear-at-drowning-point.html