Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Seeker

Crystals for Depression?

Hi, I am wondering if there's anyone you know or if any of you experienced depression before, and would like to recommend crystals that helped you or people you know get out of the horrible experience? What are the best crystals for individuals suffering from depression?

To clarify, what I mean by depression is not just sadness, but prolonged long-term depressed state.

Feel free to share a bit of insight into your experience or experiences of people you know, as well. Thanks!!!!
Old 29-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Phantasmic Fox

There are a multitude of crystals that would help you; but, the reason why you feel depressed will determine the best specimen for you.

If it is an emotional depression related to difficulty in maintaining and/or forming relationships, Demortierite would be an excellent stone for you.
If you feel depressed because of financial/career-related insecurities, garnet, sunstone, aragonite, and orange/red/clear/green calcite would be beneficial.
If you're experiencing headaches, neck pain, jaw pain, self-doubt, or attention problems, I suggest bloodstone, lodestone, hematite, or azurite.

There are more that would benefit you, depending on exactly why you feel the way you do. There are stones for grieving, stones for healing issues from past lives, and some eliminate emotional debris you've carried since a traumatic experience. Although it tips (usually) brought to the surface of your thoughts before it is eliminated.
Old 29-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Night Owl

Amber works really well. To boost confidence, and for courage, Carnelion is good. For self love/compassion, Rose Quartz. Each crystal you choose will also have its own charactoristics and gifts. My Amber has steps in it, which for me was about ancestral and generational healing. Best to go into a shop that sells crystals, see what you are drawn too and choose based on that. The crystals you choose along with their particular attributes and individual charactoristics can tell you alot about what you need to heal personally.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 AM
elisi

for the best reference i've found, the book 'the crystal handbook' by kevin sullivan, is exceptional. it gives the geological information and the spiritual information.

it lists the properties of each one, from what is best for depression, grounding, healing, and illnesses.

i recommend this book.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Experiencer

I love that people responded to your question by breaking down the possible causes. I use citrine for my depression because an intuitive friend suggested it. I don't know the reasons, though--only that it helps with depression. It has made a big difference for me. Maybe others can explain the reasons?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 PM
elisi

dee47

also, lepidolite is great. it's a greyish/pink stone with small pink crystals in it.

the crystals contain lithium so if you hold the crystal in your hand, your body will absorb the lithium.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Kaiteekins

My friend went through abuse from her father and that has really scared her, any suggestions for crystals that might help her forget or block out those memories?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:22 PM
elisi

kaiteekins

i know there are crystals that help remember but not forget.

i'm sorry for what your friend went through but i would hope she get counseling to help her cope. blocking bad memories out is not healthy...i mean if you 'stuff' them, they will manifest in other ways. as painful as it may be, it helps to face them head with the help of a professional, then one can move on.

i don't mean to be presumptuous but i've seen what repressed memories can do.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
nyrak33333

Smoky Quartz is good for stress and and depression I use it for the former though. it will press though the chakras removing negative energy. Lepidolite will help suppresses negative thoughts its actually has property of a strong antidepressant good for a array of mental issue . tigers eye, both grounds, and raises your vibration, it a good mood enhancer.

I know you did not asking about herbs, but If your willing to try a herb, make a tea of holy basil. It smells wonderful and it works for me, and every one l have ever given it to. I grow my own every easy form seeds I make tincture with 100% drinking alcohol. Put a few drop under my tong. and your good to go. or you can get a supplement. but with any thing you take you should talk to you doctor 1ST.
You don't have to work with herbs, and it is pretty much automatic releaf.
Crystal Blessings
Old 04-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Master
Personally, I love hematite. It will make you feel stronger. It's a grounding stone. I also like kyanite. I'm a very sensitive Pisces, so it helps me balance my emotions. Rose quartz is good for healing the heart and loving yourself.

If you have been depressed for over 18 months, you may want to see a doctor. I was diagnosed with mild depression. I have a family history of depression as well. When I go through anything traumatic like any kind of loss, it becomes a depression on top of a depression. If you need help, get help.

In the meantime, decorate your house, especially your bedroom, in accents of deep red. It will help you.