Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 16-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
Good yoga chakra series

I've been doing a yoga series that focuses on a different chakra every day, I've found it very useful so wanted to share - day 1 (root chakra) is here. It's a pretty challenging series (or it was for me, anyway), but I've definitely felt the benefits of it
Old 16-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Experiencer

they have a load off series on this topic, It's my day off tomorrow so I will give it a whirl....it can only do me good, well hopefully!
Old 18-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Ascender
Thanks for posting, have bookemarked YouTube page will give it a go tomorrow
Old 23-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Master
You're welcome, Dude I'd love to hear how you both got on with it, if you fancy sharing
Old 23-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Ascender
Well I only done base so far tbh, I do keep meaning to do others I think doing one each day would be great if I can get in the habit. Apart from all the swearing and wobbling I was doing it was great lol. Hubby found it most amusing! But you know I did feel good and boy could I feel some energy that night, was trying to work out if it was because I was kind of looking for any results, but even after reiki I never felt anything like that. So I do really want to do the others. And make this a routine too. Super greatful for the share
Old 23-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Well I only done base so far tbh, I do keep meaning to do others I think doing one each day would be great if I can get in the habit. Apart from all the swearing and wobbling I was doing it was great lol. Hubby found it most amusing! But you know I did feel good and boy could I feel some energy that night, was trying to work out if it was because I was kind of looking for any results, but even after reiki I never felt anything like that. So I do really want to do the others. And make this a routine too. Super greatful for the share
That did make me chuckle, at times I was exhorting the instructor to sod off (or words to that effect) for making me hold a certain pose for longer than I could handle Glad it had some positive effects for you though, and yeah do keep it up if you can
Old 23-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Ascender
Haha yup snap. Have you tried the others yet? I'm actually eager to try them just I always remember at the wrong time. Did you notice anything after?
Old 23-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Master
You know I was intending to do them in sequence, too, but instead I've been targeting the particular chakra I've been experiencing tension in at the time - in my case, the first four chakras, and particularly my solar plexus (I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety there [] over the past couple of months and the yoga really has been a lifesaver, it's great for relieving and releasing tension in the body :)).

Quote:
Haha yup snap. Have you tried the others yet? I'm actually eager to try them just I always remember at the wrong time. Did you notice anything after?

Maybe you could set an alarm? :)

Oh yeah though, I've definitely noticed a big difference, as I say it's really helped to relieve the anxiety I've been feeling - though just a word of warning, it can bring a lot of repressed material to the surface (or at least it seems to have done in my case) and it's been pretty uncomfortable at times! Though you're probably not as uptight as I am, so it might not be such a trying experience for you Anyway, I've just been targeting the specific area with certain stretches when it starts to feel overwhelming, and again it really helps to stretch your muscles and release tension.

I'm interested to hear how you get on with it :)
Old 24-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Ascender
Aww glad it's been so good for you, and sounds like you found it at just the right time, even though it may not have been great all the time. I do see that kind of stuff a good thing, you need to bring it up to deal with it and release it, but yeah can be overwhelming. im kind of even more excited to try it now, I have a boarder line unhealthy need to challenge myself with things like that at the moment. do you find it still happens? And if so does it get easier?

Good call on the alarm, I thought about that a while ago for meditation but i don't have a time I am always free but i could just do it each day- have put alarm on for 3pm!! Cheers dude
Old 24-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Aww glad it's been so good for you, and sounds like you found it at just the right time, even though it may not have been great all the time. I do see that kind of stuff a good thing, you need to bring it up to deal with it and release it, but yeah can be overwhelming. im kind of even more excited to try it now, I have a boarder line unhealthy need to challenge myself with things like that at the moment. do you find it still happens? And if so does it get easier?

Good call on the alarm, I thought about that a while ago for meditation but i don't have a time I am always free but i could just do it each day- have put alarm on for 3pm!! Cheers dude
Oh yeah I completely agree, it is a good thing... it's just hard not to get all, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?' when it's a-comin' on strong Eesh, blimey... so yeah, it does still happen, but doing a challenging yoga workout does help a lot :) (I should also say that my kundalini's hella active atm, which can really bring a lot of repressed stuff to the surface and cause a lot of discomfort).

On the alarm - aw I know, it can be tricky when you've got a busy life. Worth the effort though, I think - sending positive thoughts your way :)