Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Color Interesting yoga / energy experience

Over the last few months I've been going to a yoga class with a friend once a week. I never thought I would enjoy an actual yoga class, but despite the room always being packed, the energy is always great.

Now granted, I haven't gone the last 2 weeks because I was sick with bronchitis, but I was able to make it tonight.

Well, as we were taking our final resting pose in shavasina, my eyes are closed and I'm letting the whole practice soak in and suddenly it starts to feel like my body is spinning. I decided not to fight it and just observe. Basically I felt these enormous spinning wheels of energy right above where my body was, but I could no longer feel my body, just this thick spinning energy. And the thing was, it was spinning both clockwise and counterclockwise. Unfortunately the class ended and I wasn't able to continue observing, it could have possibly turned into an astral projection kind of thing, but it was amazing and I'm grateful to have experienced it :) this is the first time this has happened after a yoga session, and one of the more intense times I've been able to sense energy.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I was witnessing the balancing of my energetic system.... And right at the beginning of shavasina I did invite any loving beings with my best intention at heart to help me heal in any way so maybe this is why the energy felt so strong...

If anyone has similar experiences (undoubtedly), or feels a need to comment, please share if not, happy trails
Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahawk
Over the last few months I've been going to a yoga class with a friend once a week. I never thought I would enjoy an actual yoga class, but despite the room always being packed, the energy is always great.

Now granted, I haven't gone the last 2 weeks because I was sick with bronchitis, but I was able to make it tonight.

Well, as we were taking our final resting pose in shavasina, my eyes are closed and I'm letting the whole practice soak in and suddenly it starts to feel like my body is spinning. I decided not to fight it and just observe. Basically I felt these enormous spinning wheels of energy right above where my body was, but I could no longer feel my body, just this thick spinning energy. And the thing was, it was spinning both clockwise and counterclockwise. Unfortunately the class ended and I wasn't able to continue observing, it could have possibly turned into an astral projection kind of thing, but it was amazing and I'm grateful to have experienced it :) this is the first time this has happened after a yoga session, and one of the more intense times I've been able to sense energy.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I was witnessing the balancing of my energetic system.... And right at the beginning of shavasina I did invite any loving beings with my best intention at heart to help me heal in any way so maybe this is why the energy felt so strong...

If anyone has similar experiences (undoubtedly), or feels a need to comment, please share if not, happy trails
Wow, sounds like a mind-blowing experience! The bits I bolded are key, I think, to the whole experience, it sounds like you really let go and you were 'at one' with the practice. Plus, the whole vibe of the room, all the positive energy, probably helped enormously

So yeah, wow, I've never experienced anything quite like that during or after yoga Funnily enough I was thinking about the benefits of yoga this morning, after I'd got up to do a few asanas because I'd been feeling very tense and nauseated, but I've never managed to get into the head-space that you apparently got into, I still find it hard to let go to that extent. I'm very encouraged to read your story though
Old 11-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Glad to hear that it did something for you human being ;)

I believe you're correct on those key phrases; I kind of just surrendered to the practice, which is not always so easy to do I know haha. That's the nice thing about yoga, at least for me. If I want to get the most out of the practice I have to focus on my breath, body, and balance and it kind of forces me to be more present in the moment.

Now that I think about it, the last few practices have ended with some kind of energetic healing happening during shavasina.

At the end of one session I just felt like crying but I wasn't completely sure why, and then at the end of another I was able to find complete acceptance, forgiveness and even love for a person who abused me for years... I can't say that some of the mental constructs created from that abuse are completely gone, but I no longer hold any resentment towards that person, and I even feel gratitude for him agreeing to come into this life as such a tortured soul, because it ultimately allowed me to expand my awareness more than I would have if I had just had a vanilla adolescence.

So it's proving to be a great healing tool not only for physical pain but emotional pain as well. I hope you're able to experience some of this in your practice soon as well :) I feel that the key is not holding expectations and just enjoy what you're doing and the rest falls into place when you are ready and receptive <3
Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Glad to hear that it did something for you human being ;)

I believe you're correct on those key phrases; I kind of just surrendered to the practice, which is not always so easy to do I know haha. That's the nice thing about yoga, at least for me. If I want to get the most out of the practice I have to focus on my breath, body, and balance and it kind of forces me to be more present in the moment.

Now that I think about it, the last few practices have ended with some kind of energetic healing happening during shavasina.

At the end of one session I just felt like crying but I wasn't completely sure why, and then at the end of another I was able to find complete acceptance, forgiveness and even love for a person who abused me for years... I can't say that some of the mental constructs created from that abuse are completely gone, but I no longer hold any resentment towards that person, and I even feel gratitude for him agreeing to come into this life as such a tortured soul, because it ultimately allowed me to expand my awareness more than I would have if I had just had a vanilla adolescence.

So it's proving to be a great healing tool not only for physical pain but emotional pain as well. I hope you're able to experience some of this in your practice soon as well :) I feel that the key is not holding expectations and just enjoy what you're doing and the rest falls into place when you are ready and receptive <3
You can say that again I've become pretty sloppy in my yoga practice, really, I did it for about a year and was quite disciplined, but then I became lazy and unfocused. I'd like to resume a disciplined practice at some point, though for the time being I'm just doing a few stretches when I'm feeling overwhelmed (which is quite often as of late, not exactly sure why but I'm just trying to weather the storm, so to speak).

Yoga is definitely far more rewarding when you have that focus, as you seem to atm, which is great Very encouraging that you're experiencing these emotional releases and feelings of acceptance and forgiveness, I think, and I'm sure your dedicated practice has played a really significant part in that. How wonderful that you've managed to find that sense of perspective with regards to the person who abused you, and that you can even feel gratitude for the experience - that's a sign of real personal growth, it's something I aspire to because I'm still holding on to certain grievances <3

I love what you said about not holding expectations and just enjoying what you're doing, too - it's simple yet powerful advice
Old 13-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account
At least you have the good sense to try and take care of your physical and mental well being in times of stress Many of us do the exact opposite, compounding the problem.

I'm not sure I could call my practice dedicated (only going once a week)... or maybe you could haha, but I also think that a big factor is the group I do it with. Almost all of us as human beings feed on each others energy, and when we're all in there laughing at ourselves when we can't go "as far" as others or our instructor, it kind of breeds this feeling of self acceptance, which I think just makes it easier to make those connections, let go of those emotions, etc.

Surely this can be accomplished in solitude, but ultimately you are me and I am you and we are all together right? ;) I guess it's kind of like... It's so easy to feel hopeless and disconnected from other people (hell that's why I first joined this forum), but when you come together with a group of people and leave all the labels and judgement behind (and you throw some endorphin's in there) it's powerful as hell!

Of course that's not to say that every yoga class is like this, or that it can only happen in a yoga class, but it's just a thought.

Being in the middle of a storm is never easy because you never really know when the end of it will come, but one thing is certain, it will come eventually (yea, I know, "thanks a lot" right? lol )
Old 13-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Deactivated Account
I really like your signature by the way :)
Old 15-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
At least you have the good sense to try and take care of your physical and mental well being in times of stress. Many of us do the exact opposite, compounding the problem.

I'm not sure I could call my practice dedicated (only going once a week)... or maybe you could haha, but I also think that a big factor is the group I do it with. Almost all of us as human beings feed on each others energy, and when we're all in there laughing at ourselves when we can't go "as far" as others or our instructor, it kind of breeds this feeling of self acceptance, which I think just makes it easier to make those connections, let go of those emotions, etc.

Surely this can be accomplished in solitude, but ultimately you are me and I am you and we are all together right? ;) I guess it's kind of like... It's so easy to feel hopeless and disconnected from other people (hell that's why I first joined this forum), but when you come together with a group of people and leave all the labels and judgement behind (and you throw some endorphin's in there) it's powerful as hell!

Of course that's not to say that every yoga class is like this, or that it can only happen in a yoga class, but it's just a thought.

Being in the middle of a storm is never easy because you never really know when the end of it will come, but one thing is certain, it will come eventually (yea, I know, "thanks a lot" right? lol )
Thanks, 'American Beauty' is my all-time favourite film, just so profound and, well, beautiful

Yeah, there's definitely a general human tendency to compound the problem, as you say, largely I think because we take our thoughts so seriously (and very often mistake them for the truth). I know I can still spiral into anxious thought patterns at times, so I find it extremely helpful to maybe take a few slow, deep breaths, do a few stretches, maybe walk around a little, to take my attention out of my thoughts and into my body. That's the thing I really value about yoga, it helps to put me in contact with what I'm feeling

Aw yeah it's great that you have such a fun and supportive group to do yoga with, that really makes a world of difference, and I'm sure you'll value it even more, given that in the past you've experienced feelings of hopelessness and disconnection from other people. I can relate, I've often felt that way, too, and it does give me a real appreciation of the connections I do have in my life, the ones in which there's mutual acceptance and understanding

I've considered taking yoga classes, though what puts me off a little is that I imagine they'll be dominated by women and that, as a bloke, I'll stick out like a sore thumb (and I've always been the self-conscious type)! Although, I shouldn't let fear dictate my decisions, right? You've inspired me, I'm going to look into it

Oh no, you're right, turbulent times do pass in the end, and the mantra 'this too shall pass' usually goes through my head when I hear of other people's turmoil - though yeah, I think we only see the wisdom of this after the event
Old 18-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
largely I think because we take our thoughts so seriously (and very often mistake them for the truth)

So true. Oh man how I have suffered with this haha.

I'm happy to have sparked a little more interest in trying a group environment! :) I can understand your timidness because of possibly being one of the only guys, and I can't speak for what it's like overseas, but at least in our class, it's actually fairly even :) (with just a few more women then men)

Quote:
I think we only see the wisdom of this after the event

Also so true, when you're in the mud of it all it's a lot harder to see the big picture.
Old 18-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
So true. Oh man how I have suffered with this haha.

I'm happy to have sparked a little more interest in trying a group environment! :) I can understand your timidness because of possibly being one of the only guys, and I can't speak for what it's like overseas, but at least in our class, it's actually fairly even :) (with just a few more women then men)

Also so true, when you're in the mud of it all it's a lot harder to see the big picture.
Hells yeah It's actually not terribly helpful to attempt to rationalise when you're in turmoil (at least, not in my experience), better just to try and stay present with what you're feeling in the moment... which is, needless to say, easier said than done

Hmm that's interesting, maybe I have erroneous preconceptions about yoga classes, always assumed they'd be populated predominantly by women - guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and find out for myself
Old 23-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Well whenever you make it there, I'd love to hear how the experience goes :) good or not so good regardless