Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Ascender
Hello, my collection consists of just two Taro packs and one Oracle box set.

Tarot
Travole - Gothic Vampirae by Victoria Frances.
The Tarot of the Druids - Celtic Mythology by Giordano Berti and Bepi Vigna

Oracle
The Celtic Wisdom - Caitlin Matthews

The tarot of the druids I brought home this afternoon. I've been using the travole for a few years now and this pack has always been a nighttime Tarot, no matter how I've tried to use it in the daylight hours. I guess Vampires are as Vampires do, which is always after sundown.
I'm no Goth, and don't have any special interest in Vamps, but the beautiful art of Ms Frances was enough for me to own this pack.

I've always thought my next deck of Tarot cards would be fearies, something bright with lots of sunshine, so I'm getting the best of both worlds with the tarot druids - colourful, and comical - the raw stuff of magic. And an excellent complimentary set of cards for the Celtic Wisdom Oracle.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Ascender
Aww thanks clover :) too kind! But yes I'm definitely going to be coming over here more... got my eyes set on that practice tarot thread!

Thanks Pisces just seeing how I can do just that.

Clover I'll have to work out how to do pics and put some face pictures up. I mean some of these faces do really look at you but not in a creepy way.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Master

The practice thread is the shizz, I honestly grew so much from that thread alone. Feel free to jump in anytime :)
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Ascender
Thanks tealily, just trying to sus out how it works! I'll be joining soon. Looks a great way to learn
Old 03-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Master

It's basically like this -

**tealily reads for Dude**
**it's tealily's turn for a reading next! here's her question**

**Pisces Moon reads for tealily.**
**it's Pisces Moon's turn for a reading next! Here's her question**

**Dude reads for Pisces Moon.**
**It's Dude's turn for a reading next! Here's their question**

And so on :) It can get a bit funny to read because we ask people to give feedback as well, but we generally try to keep the text that indicates who the next reading is for (and what their question is) in bold at the bottom of each post :)
Old 08-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

Tarot
------
The Wild Unknown Tarot
Universal Golden Tarot
Victorian Fairy Tarot
The Zombie Tarot
Tarot of the White Cat
Shadoscapes Tarot
The Lovers Path Tarot
The Decameron tarot
The Fairy Lights Tarot Deck

Lenormand
------------
Fairy Tale Lenormand

Oracles
------------

Wisdom of the Oracle
Past Life Oracle
The Wild Kuin Yan
Isis Egyptian Oracle
RUMI Oracle
Natures Whispers
Animal Messages
The Souls Journey/Soul Cards

Study guide
-------------
Holistic Tarot

I just added The Fairy Lights Tarot Deck, by Mattioli, Lucia.

After much research, I saw this was an exceptional 'shadow work' deck, as I seen on PM's list, thanks for the tip I have been drawn to it forever and in between choosing another Oracle, I decided for this one as I want to stretch my mental muscles a bit. I can't wait to use it, the art work looks very deep and nature oriented ( Plus, it was a great price!). Hoping to get Vintage Oracle here soon in the next few days. I promise I won't brag when I finally get it!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
What's shadow work?

It is a psychology term. "Shadow" meaning the darker, deeper pent emotion/energy blocks. Some tarot cards have a type of art including color and symbols & facial expressions that can resurface or provoke an emotion/memory. Dig way deep in to the subconscious. I have Past life Oracles that are good at this. They have no words either, just imagery.

For example, in my wild Unknown tarot deck, its not a traditional tarot deck, its more symbols and pics. This would be a good shadow card if it was pulled when I ask a question ( 9 of swords-anxiety,depression,insomnia). of course, this is a super ugly card I am sure there are some with lovelier type images lol
Old 09-01-2017, 01:15 AM
55Degrees

Shadow work for me, is finding and examining the parts of the psyche that are hidden from ourselves or havde been suppressed (hence the term 'in shadow'). It's about looking at what they are, examining where they come from, how they present themselves and how to integrate them into the whole. You cannot eradicate them, they exist alongside the positive parts of our psyche, but learning when and how they appear helps us to be aware of them when they do surface and deal with them accordingly.
Not all shadows are negative either, we can possess positive ones that, for one reason or another, we have chosen to hide.
Some decks work better than others (I have mine listed in my 2017 decks). I keep these specific decks aside for this very purpose, I never use them for general readings or doing reading for others and work with them in a very specific way.
It's something that takes total commitment and total honesty with yourself. It can be brutal and emotionally gruelling. Not everyone can deal with it or wants to do it so don't feel it is obligatory.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Ascender
Thank you very much clover and Pisces.

Pisces can I ask how you use them? Not that I would be doing that just yet! But defo sounds something I'd like to look at in the future when the time is right for it.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Feedback for Fairy Lights Tarot, by Lucia Mattioli, I am fanning out! This deck's art is exquisite and tantalizing. I was a bit disappointed by how thin the cards felt. LoScarbeo ( Printing company) is typical with their cheap boxes and prints, however, I was blown away by some of the images, for example King of Wands depicted as an ice type character... so it forces you to use some thought here. I think this deck and I will be good friends, very non traditional interpretations, so this will take some time getting use to.