Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Needing help with my possible astral projection!

So... I was asleep and what all happened was when I was not of this physical world.

I awoke in the exact same place as where my body was, and I tried to move my arm and I found it very difficult and not successful at this point. As I tried to move I saw a white fog/mist/cloud humanoid shaped being standing in front of my bed, behind the bed posts. I was not scared, though I did not like the feeling of not being able to protect myself if need be (I hate to be confined). I eventually was able to move my arm though, and when I did I was able to see the beginning and end of the movement... it was kind of like different stages of where my arm was going to be... like a wave... (hope you understand this, it is hard to explain)

It was very difficult to move my arm while in this state, that I then sent a feeling/force/energy/thought to the being and when I did that, it moved closer so that it was at the foot of my bed to the right, fully on the other side of the bed posts though not in the space of where the bed was.

I then kept trying to move, and I heard "you can only do this if you wake up"... and so I woke up into the physical world.

I also want to let you know, that when I awoke I had the sense of knowing... that this being was somehow me... or apart of me... something like that!

I have three questions:

1. Was this astral projection?

2. Also, how would one "move" in an astral projection state?

3. How can I get back into this state? I have had multiple occurrences of this and to me they seem to be coming on a random scale.

Thank you!
Old 28-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Master

1. Was this astral projection?

No, you were still in your body. Although your arm was out of your body. You were extremely close to ap.

2. Also, how would one "move" in an astral projection state?

You need confidence. Anything is hard if you lack confidence. I had the same problem. When it happens again, say I can do it. Keep saying it until you can get yourself out of your body. Years ago, when I was struggling to get out, that is what I said, I kept saying I can do it. I got out of my body. This morning I just stepped out of myself. It is easy for me. It was hard at first.

3. How can I get back into this state? I have had multiple occurrences of this and to me they seem to be coming on a random scale.

Keep practicing and you will get there. That is what I did. I practiced and practiced until I got it right.
Old 30-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you astralsuzy! I appreciate you explaining this to me! : )

I have another two questions to you or anyone else with knowledge if I may...

1. I do not know how I get into these ap states... to me they seem random and I can not find out how this happens exactly. It isn't always when I wake up and fall back asleep either. Sometimes this happens when I fall asleep once, as like what my description was. Should I meditate on wanting to ap before bed? Is there a tea that could help, as I do love tea haha?

2. It feels like I do not have full control of myself "in cognition type processes" when in this state. I know it was me choosing to do these actions, but how can I gain better cognitive skills while in the dreaming world?

Thanks again for your quick reply!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Knower

I don't know for sure but I've had one confirmed OBE (god knows how many more unconfirmed ones) and I can relate 100% to your experience. Its sleep paralysis but when you start moving while your body is physically paralysed, I'm thinking that might be your astral body your moving. I've seen a white humanoid shape too, it was in the corner of my room staring at me right after I got outta my body. When I started to get up to go exploring, it came up to me and it morphed into a naked woman, she looked like she knew me and was excited or something. I freaked out and kicked her in the head then woke up in the same position I was in (I was sleep walking) and I could still see the girl for a good 5 seconds. To answer your 3rd question, the night I saw this white misty humanoid thing, I induced sleep paralysis by saying "I WILL RETAIN FULL CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN I FALL ASLEEP AND REMEMBER EVERYTHING" about 10 times before going to sleep. The first time I intentionally induced sleep paralysis, I hadn't had it in months before that so I doubt it was a coincidence.

Your second question I haven't fully figured out but I find its all about waiting for the right moment. In sleep paralysis theres varying degrees of heaviness between when your awake and dreaming, the right point is somewhere in the middle. My body starts vibrating and all kinds of weird things happen but there aren't any closed eye visions or free falling sensation that happen when a dream starts. When I feel like I'm there, I see if I can move my arms (they're the first things I can move), then I see if I can sit up. If I can sit up, then I can get up and go wandering. If I can't move yet, I close my eyes, slow my breathing, wait a while then try again. The best trick I can tell you is slowing your breathing. That deepens the sleep paralysis and gets you into the zone pretty quickly.

I've never had anything respond to a thought I sent, but last night I hear a voice tell me to keep my eyes closed. Glad I didn't listen because I saw something extremely trippy. A blob of jelly rise out of my astral arm and morph into the virgin mary.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you all for your posts in helping! It is much appreciated!