Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 18-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I too have been working with affirmations for exactly 20 years this year, and would suggest that affirmative "injections" through hypnotism are somewhat different from the ordinary person hoping to benefit without that. Affirmations can only work when they "instil a new drive from within". (I substituted for attitude deliberately but it doesn't really matter.)

Affirmations are basically simple. They don't need books about them. I've voiced my ideas and findings several times here but it seems these days people are generally happier if they've bought a book crammed with words - an authoritative voice - but omitting two things: the willingness and staying power of the "affirmer".

But then, I'm more traditionalist if, at one time, a moderately heavy user of the technique with good evidence it works. Of course, one can't be both things at once: successful and unsuccessful but it does seem my ongoing success in multimedia freelancing can be attributed to affirmation. Perhaps I'm wrong and like many entrepreneurs affirmation is naturally a feature of my build.

Point is, if someone wants to better themselves and it's a practical proposition, affirmation works and effort goes into framing the affirmation whether or not you call it a suggestion. The technique has been around probably as long as humanity but the 21st century has spawned a lot of on-line nonsense and pseudo-gurus aiming to make money from oft-specious books when it could be summed up on a sheet of A4 paper.

Absolutely! In my opinion, affirmations are great when added to a plan of action. If they are used alone then they should be used to motivate the user to create a plan of action.

What you say is true and is where the dichotomy is. If you have the will and drive to constantly recite affirmations then you probably don't need them. You are already moving in the right direction.

This is why I always suggest people record their affirmations because the amygdala will fight the user during the "rewiring process." In other words, that defense mechanism will exhaust and drain the person of all motivation to continue reciting suggestions to their self so things will stay the same.

What is your opinion on QHHT? I have seen youtube videos and it never looks like the people in a trance are in a deep delta state. When in that deep a trance, they should look like they had a stroke. Instead, their faces look perky like they are taking a light nap.
Old 18-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
Sounds like a good approach to help rewire the nervous system. Also good if you're not sure what resonates with you and you're out of touch with your emotional body, or not sure which road to take. I have a few attitude-suggestions which have worked wonders for me which I've taken from right off this forum. To quote SF member Baile years ago, I saw him say something once along the lines of "Create the lifestyle, and the rest will follow." That statement changed my life (which was chaos at the time) because it made me feel as you describe, it helped me feel my way into the new habits I needed to make. I liked how open-ended it was. No pressure. It was something my nervous system and emotional body could handle, and it felt creative. It's now in my custom root chakra cards and I still use it to create what I want.

They're like little seeds inside of you, has been my experience. If you have that positive neuro reaction/excitement to them that you are talking about.

Usually, they hit hard after life throws something at you and that event makes you think of the suggestion. It's in that moment a "click" happens and you never go back. Also, they only need to make sense to YOU.

Here's a suggestion that helped a borderline alcoholic stop cold turkey. He would binge-drink his weekends away.

"Drinking alcohol will never make you happy, it will only make you feel like you are going to be happy in 15 minutes."

6 months of listening to that suggestion made him a free man. One day he walked into a liquor store, turned around, and walked out without buying anything. His cravings were gone and he never went back to that lifestyle again.