Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 30-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Hell isn’t a literal destination in my conception . It’s a state of consciousness, the same way heaven is too.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
No. Just no....unless they created a hell of their own making.
Quite true, and they can unmake it if they do.
Old 20-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Master
What people fail to comprehend is the perfection and purity; the complete righteousness of the living God, of which the un regenerated human animal falls so far short.

Apart from the sacrifice, the shed blood of the One who is the Alpha and Omega, there can be no hope or salvation.
Which salvation was wrought for them.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-09-2019, 05:54 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Turn on the LOVE/LIGHT and the boogieman disappears.
Sounds about right.

It has been a long time since the boogieman chased me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Turn on the LOVE/LIGHT and the boogieman disappears.
Those were the 'good ole days'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Master
For most human beings it is not at all a given that there's spiritual phenomena. Most people believe that there is. Atheists are perfectly entitled to their lack of beliefs and why should they be punished at all for something that is based on beliefs? And why be concerned with spirituality if it's of no interest to you? Atheists have a good starting position for spiritual practice because it contains less baggage (beliefs pushed unto them in childhood), at least if they're raised without religion. Most other people tend to see what they already believe in.

And I enjoyed what Pseudonymus wrote..
Old 11-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Master
Good points.
I sometimes suspect some Atheist are 'created' as a result
of a person seeing some of the hypocrisies coming from
their own religion/belief system.

Old 16-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
No. Just no....unless they created a hell of their own making.

This comment

As someone who identified as an atheist for many years - I'd say that I'd be more likely to experience a very long state of nothingness after death as nothingness is what I believed in.
I short circuited that experience by having it in life instead lol.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymus
No, the genuine Atheist [a-theism does not mean materialism] will not go to hell, because the Atheist is closer to Divine Truth than he realizes.

There is a theological school of thought, which I personally use, called "Via Negativa," which basically takes the path of denying or negating God as a way to come to an understanding of what God is. Google: "Apophatic Theology."

A quick quote that aptly describes Via Negativa, from the Wikipedia article regarding Apophatic Theology:

"We do not know what God is. God Himself does not know what He is because He is not anything [i.e., "not any created thing"]. Literally God is not, because He transcends being." -- John Scotus Erigena

The Atheist is just one step behind the natural philosopher and Buddhist. The Atheist will say to themselves: "God does not exist." And the natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that line of thought one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of non-existence?"

The Atheist will say: "I don't believe in God because he is nowhere to be seen or observed." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of Nowhere?"

The Atheist will say: "God is not real." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of Non-reality?"

The Atheist will say: "God is nothing." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that line of thought one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity/suchess of No-Thingness [sunyata]?"

Such an interesting comment.

I can vouch for such questioning.

I spent many years as an atheist and I also spent quite a lot of time exploring these sorts of ideas and feelings.

As a result, when someone asks me what religion I am or what I believe, I now say that I am a 'nothing' - as in I believe in the beingness contained or the possibility of being contained within the nothing.

I currently have no other name for this state other then 'nothing' lol.

So I went from believing in nothing to being a nothing so that I could be a something... Lol...
Old 16-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Deactivated Account
What I noticed from studying and annalysing ndes, many people have different experiences. Some of them will tell you there is a devil and a hell, while others won't. One can talk about a ''hell of their own making'' but then why are Christ and/or God present in some of those ndes confirming the whole thing to be true? Is this a false god that they also created subconsciously?