Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 13-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Master
Would an atheist really go to hell?

Is there really a hell? Would an atheist really go there? Watch this video and see what you think...

https://youtu.be/pmp3UNjeu0k
Old 13-08-2018, 12:26 PM
No. Just no....unless they created a hell of their own making.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2018, 05:00 AM
Master
Here is a quite beautiful story of one lady's experience that she recounts decades after the event.

https://youtu.be/KwCyEhYlyis
Old 14-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is there really a hell? Would an atheist really go there? Watch this video and see what you think...

https://youtu.be/pmp3UNjeu0k

It's all in the mind
Old 14-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Not so long ago during the meditation I received idea: "you die normally and go to hell, or commit suicide and go to heaven". I don't know about origin of that idea, but I think that hell won't be so scary, ha ha.
Old 14-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Master

As only words and deeds count in life an atheist could easily end up in heaven.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Master
Ego Death:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

It has been said:
Quote:
Tantric Buddhists are in the position of a snake inside a bamboo tube; one hole faces up to the Dharmakaya, the other down toward Vajra Hell. There are only two options -- up or down; no in-between. Keeping samaya (commitment) determines which way the snake slides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zIKQCwDXsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5B70ac_9M

Blog:
http://shinzenyoung.blogspot.com/201...1_archive.html
Old 16-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Master

Thanks sentient for your contribution, there is a kind of anti-hell sentiment due to Christianity, but as far as I can see even early Buddhism referred to multiple hell realms. I'll watch your links ASAP :)

edit:interesting issue, DP/DR, I say that because I willingly went into a void like space because I think it is where the old self breaks down, but while I was in there I found that it was completely dark (not hell like, just dark), and to do what I had to do and go further I needed light to see by. After a few days I thought to myself "Jesus is the name associated with light par excellence," and that day light started to shine in the black void, and progress unfolded. When I think of this void as the place that Buddhists aim to enter and accept as the end point I can't help but think that for me this was the point where I first looked to Jesus in full consciousness and with an awareness that I couldn't create the light that I needed in the dark by myself.

I told someone this story and he said to me that any deity would have given me light, it's an interesting idea kind of related to this thread, and I find myself wondering about the possibility that any deity would do, and if I was programmed to think of Jesus, or whether it really could only be Jesus who supplies that light. I did have an experience many years ago where I was suffering and I asked Jesus for help and the suffering disappeared instantly, so I might be primed to just turn to Jesus again, it's altogether an interesting topic to me anyway.

Last edited by django : 16-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 16-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Master
django, your story, your beautiful faith in Jesus was lovely.

The videos you posted, could they have been about a purgatory process?

In the blog link (I posted) “Shinzen talks about the two sides - heavenly and hellish - sides of the bhanga” (the dissolution of the ego) with 3 videos: “Experiences of the Dissolution (Bhanga) Process”.

Sounds horrible, but it is good you brought this subject up, as it could potentially happen to meditators or anyone and Shinzen explaining the process a bit gives some understanding about these hell-like visions.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
I very much doubt if being an "ATHEIST" would take a person's Soul into a Hell-like state or situation on the Astral/Spirit realm.

Many people who don't happen to believe in "God" nevertheless live by true and good ways, of kindness, compassion and intelligence. It's what we resonate with, not what names we call it, that decides what our Soul is really up to. One can live by good ways yet not wish to believe in what men call "God". Or even be into reading the Bible.
There are some people who have never heard of the Bible. There are animals for instance who have no concept or clue about what we have dreamed up in our philosophies, yet they don't go to "Hell" when they pass over! they go to what they truly are inside their hearts. So do we.