Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Thanatos

what happens when u die?

when you die do you go to either heaven or hell? NO you dont, the reason I believe this well their are numerous reasons why but the major reason is due to what i believe in i believe their are many gods. I also believe that astral projection is the only way to truely get to know the GOD/GODs you believe in. I also believe that astral projection is the best way to relieve stress and to become 1 with ourselves. This is truely the first time i have came out of the closet so to speak about my religious views. For those that are thinking that i'm either a sinner or a non christian believer then you are wrong please hear me out i say that due to the fact that i went to church for 13 years with my grandma and others in my family. The main reason that I have changed my views, well thats a really long story but to sum it up i had a super bad drinking problem after some things happened in my family then on aug 6 2008 i was rushed to the hospital I had kidney failure due to drinking to much. After 3 days in ICU i was released to normal care. During my time in the ICU I was seeing things and people that werent really their and most where "spirits" and from then on i have believed other wise.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Greenslade

Hi Thanatos
When you're lying there looking at all those Spirits around you, no doubt it would change your views. Whether you're a Christian or not, that's entirely up to you. If that's what you believe - or not - then power to your elbow. It's one of the things you have to make your own mind up about.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Guide
I believe in heaven. Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to the people so that they could see for themselves that life does not end at death, just as he had been saying all along.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:20 AM
ThinkingAloud

I pretty much agree with you.

I think most people go to a good place. We are not judged, we judge ourselves. I don't believe in one God, but many evolved souls. I don't believe in a hell.

I certainly don't believe in religion and the rigid way in which it operates.

Good for you for following your own beliefs and your own heart. It can't be easy after going to church.

Definitely time to let go of all the sinner and non christian language too! Church fills you with a lot of fear and guilt and probably makes you feel guilty when you move away from the church, especially if you went with family.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Hey Thanatos,

You are not alone in feeling like you do, a lot of people who have near death experiences, come back with a different outlook on spiritulism.
when you say you are not judged that is reserved only to the living, you can be very judgemental to yourself and others, and vise versa,
Spirit do not judge us,
i dont follow any religeon per say, i believe in the Great Spirit.

Namaste
Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingAloud
I pretty much agree with you.

I think most people go to a good place. We are not judged, we judge ourselves. I don't believe in one God, but many evolved souls. I don't believe in a hell.

I certainly don't believe in religion and the rigid way in which it operates.

Good for you for following your own beliefs and your own heart. It can't be easy after going to church.

Definitely time to let go of all the sinner and non christian language too! Church fills you with a lot of fear and guilt and probably makes you feel guilty when you move away from the church, especially if you went with family.

Yes church really does add the fear and guilt. The main thing that really got on my nerves was when i went to a church with my friend after i had moved away from my church i remember the paster told me that "my prayers fall on deft ears" due to the fact that i didnt speak in tongues. Which only a choosen few could do anyways. Who are you to say that thats not for you to say its for god. I also hated when he told me that no matter what the crimes against man were god will for give any crime so does that mean if hitler would have asked for forgiviness and not killed himself would he have gone to heaven when he died?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey Thanatos,

You are not alone in feeling like you do, a lot of people who have near death experiences, come back with a different outlook on spiritulism.
when you say you are not judged that is reserved only to the living, you can be very judgemental to yourself and others, and vise versa,
Spirit do not judge us,

Namaste

what do you mean "Great Spirit", like wicca? for just a different native american view on religion? i know that shamanism if i spelled it correctly.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey Thanatos,

Spirit do not judge us,

Namaste

I share some of your views I am also of the view that the prophecized "second coming" as an awakening of christ consciousness in all ones... not the advent of the soul who walked the earth as the man Jesus, who has since gone on to embrace the work he now embraces in his greater soul name of Sananda.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Neville

It appears to me that consciousness departs the resting physical body during certain dreams, meditations and Astral Projections.

Based upon this, I see no reason why the consciousness would not depart on physical death, How long the individual consciousness survives after physical death, I cannot say. N.D.Es as previously mentioned in this thread does suggest that individual consciousness survives initially after death. I would suggest if anything, the individual consciousness might undergo something of a re integration into the Universal consciousness. This is all speculation on my part though.
Old 13-10-2010, 03:45 PM
ThinkingAloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Yes church really does add the fear and guilt. The main thing that really got on my nerves was when i went to a church with my friend after i had moved away from my church i remember the paster told me that "my prayers fall on deft ears" due to the fact that i didnt speak in tongues. Which only a choosen few could do anyways. Who are you to say that thats not for you to say its for god. I also hated when he told me that no matter what the crimes against man were god will for give any crime so does that mean if hitler would have asked for forgiviness and not killed himself would he have gone to heaven when he died?

Yeah, that is a big problem with the church. It's a very rigid belief system but it's all really just man's interpretation of the bible, like saying there can be no women priests because Jesus was a man. I mean, what's that all about?!! Religion is full of bizarre rules, not set by Jesus, but by man.

They also have very rigid views on the afterlife. I don't believe in a hell but probably more like a place of our own making where like attracts like, much like on earth if you decide to hang out with dodgy people in dingy places you'll meet other dodgy people hanging out in dingy places! I also don't believe we get judged but we judge ourselves, even people like Hitler.

I think someone like Hitler isn't abandoned but will have to see what he has done to be in a more enlightened place, so to speak. I guess ultimately we all have the potential to open our minds to become more aware.

Also, someone like Hitler probably has a lot of problems within his own mind such as being unable to release the anger he had for Jews and could probably only see things with limited vision.