Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 15-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Knower

A lucid moment

I don't lucid dream very often, and I haven't made much of an effort to. But last night, I had a sort of lucid moment. In my dream, I was in the garage of my childhood home and I saw my father. (In real life, he has recently passed away.) And suddenly, I became semi-lucid. I thought, oh this must be a dream. And I was glad because I always am happy to see my dad in my dreams, although it doesn't happen very often. So, I tried to talk to him, to ask him a question, but he suddenly became a brilliant point of light and began to fly slowly away. I was upset that he was leaving but then remembered I was lucid and realized I could fly after him. I started to float up and toward the open entrance when suddenly the door began to close me into darkness. I guess I lost the lucidity then, perhaps because I was distraught about being closed off from him. I had so much wanted to ask him about if he is experiencing love, and what it's like for him. But I couldn't get beyond the door. Wish I could have held my awareness at least just a little longer.

But, I do recall thinking after the door closed in my dream that I really had my answer even though I didn't get to ask, because I remembered a brief flash of insight I had had when my father became a light which hadn't consciously registered in the moment. It was, "He isn't experiencing love; he IS love." Wishful thinking, perhaps, but it was an uplifting dream, nonetheless, and rather unusual for me to have a sort of "spiritual" dream.
Old 16-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Guide
Aww, that's so bittersweet! But also very profound! Wishful thinking or not, I love the message, it really resonates.
Old 16-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Knower

Thank you Black Sheep.
Old 17-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Guide
NP
It's incredibly moving to "reconnect" with a loved one through ld-ing. Especially if its someone awesome.
Old 17-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Knower

Well, my father was one of those serious, stern types that seemed to be prevalent in men of the "Silent Generation". He was steady, stable and reliable, but emotionally distant, too. So, the few times I have seen him in my dreams has, of course, echoed that. The one time he spoke to me was to say, "I'm okay." That was reassuring, but not particularly satisfying. Like I said, I'm always happy to see him in my dreams, but it's no surprise that my subconscious can't conjure up a scenario where we're actually connecting.

Since he was very rigid in his religious beliefs, I do wonder how he's faring (if indeed there is another life beyond this). I am open to the possibility that someone who has passed might actually be able to communicate to us through our dreams, so I have been hoping for that chance.
Old 18-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Guide
Makes sense, I'm actually fond of that generation(and the two prior, it was fun hearing stories of electricity being new, the end of science, etc.). I've experienced similar lucid dreams, where I'm not sure if that was an actual met the family member who had passed or just my subconscious is conjuring up scenarios or messages. Though for some that passed, it didn't seem they were fairing well, if it was them in actuality, but I figured they'd be okay eventually.

I'm open to the possibility too that someone who has passed might be able to communicate through dreams, but found it easier to accept conceptually or not dismiss so readily, if they come just before passing and send a message, than say afterwards.

Whether it's your subconscious or father, I do think the possibility of a visit during a LD great, and find the message you got to be absolutely wonderful!
Old 18-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Makes sense, I'm actually fond of that generation(and the two prior, it was fun hearing stories of electricity being new, the end of science, etc.). I've experienced similar lucid dreams, where I'm not sure if that was an actual met the family member who had passed or just my subconscious is conjuring up scenarios or messages. Though for some that passed, it didn't seem they were fairing well, if it was them in actuality, but I figured they'd be okay eventually.

I make that same assumption. If there is a life beyond this, surely anyone who IS faring well there, would be working to see that others come to that same state. I assume an "all for one", "no wo/man left behind" mentality would prevail.

Quote:
I'm open to the possibility too that someone who has passed might be able to communicate through dreams, but found it easier to accept conceptually or not dismiss so readily, if they come just before passing and send a message, than say afterwards.

I'd be interested in knowing what brought you to that conclusion, if you don't mind sharing.

Quote:
Whether it's your subconscious or father, I do think the possibility of a visit during a LD great, and find the message you got to be absolutely wonderful!

Yep ... I'm grateful to whomever sent me that message, even if it was just me.
Old 19-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Guide
Quote:
I make that same assumption. If there is a life beyond this, surely anyone who IS faring well there, would be working to see that others come to that same state. I assume an "all for one", "no wo/man left behind" mentality would prevail.
Totally agree. This has been my experience, what little I have.

Quote:
I'd be interested in knowing what brought you to that conclusion, if you don't mind sharing.
Do you mean experiences or thought process? Sorry I'm a bit sloww.

Quote:
Yep ... I'm grateful to whomever sent me that message, even if it was just me.
What is the saying? The best teacher is the teacher within. Either way, win-win.
Old 19-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Totally agree. This has been my experience, what little I have.

I've had no experience, so I know nothing for sure. It's purely what makes sense to me. Would love to hear your experiences. Have you talked about them elsewhere on the forums?

Quote:
Do you mean experiences or thought process? Sorry I'm a bit sloww.

You said "conceptually", so I meant your thought process. But if you have experiences that you're willing to share, of course I'd love to hear about them.
Old 20-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Guide
Quote:
I've had no experience, so I know nothing for sure. It's purely what makes sense to me. Would love to hear your experiences. Have you talked about them elsewhere on the forums?
I understand, even with experiences there's that filter of perception that can distort the information if/when arises, staying in the "not knowing" or Schrodinger's cat mindset can be helpful.

I haven't really talked about them, maybe a blip here, or there over the years, but nothing deep, or detailed.

In terms of LDs<->afterlife<->communication:
I've had a few, then depending on scope or what a person prefers may narrow it down more so... used to live in a haunted house(stuff happens), then there's just normal living(and dying that occurs), I usually lump those spirits before birth in the same category as just after death(one's coming in, whereas the other is going out). Animals and people, from pets and other's pets, or family and people whom I don't know but know their family members and desire to pass a message. My own NDE, OBEs, and LDing. So a small bit of experiences, enough for a tl:dr more of a self-confirmation than for others.

Quote:
You said "conceptually", so I meant your thought process. But if you have experiences that you're willing to share, of course I'd love to hear about them.
Thanks for clarifying.

Easier to accept conceptually or not dismiss so readily, if they come just before passing and send a message, than say afterwards.
What I mean by easier to accept conceptually is differentiating between objective experiences and subjective experiences. Subjectively there's a higher probability of kidding oneself, self-doubt/delusion arising, but if there's objective proof, then I can easier say, "ah, so it is plausible," and then later learn how to discern between fantasy DC, and a real LD visit.

By objective proof I mean, either an apparition with a message, poltergeist activity(turning on/off stuff also with message, to differentiate from normal TK) , message of date/time/manner/location of death(later confirmed), or information I wouldn't know(also later confirmed: possible next rebirth details(place/time/situation, afterlife experiences as a bonus, etc.). Basically anything I can corroborate through research or a trustworthy third party. Once the palatablility of objective proof is there it's easier to discern the subjective experiences, though I do still like to add a bit of wiggle room for unknowingness.

It's just a passing interest, not just say communication with say passed loved ones, but understanding the hows, whys, etc.