Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
There aren't rules against it as such, but arguments on here are frowned upon. People have strong views, understandably, and it's always prudent to consider what reaction a post might get before posting it.
Everything is laid out in the 'forum rules'.

Hm. I wonder now if all discussions with differing views are considered arguments. I hope not.

I knew arguing is pretty much off-limits, but wondered specifically about posting a view that's different from the mainstream in a section.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Master

Encountering different views can be very good, broadening minds and helping in understanding others.

Now that you've raised the matter I'm not sure there is a definitive answer as such. I think when you've been here a while you get to understand what issues are likely to stir up strong emotions and learn to tread carefully!

You could always post in one of the 'General' sections or in the 'Strong Opinions & Discussions' section if there is something a little more contentious you want to talk about.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Guide
I think debating differing views is a great thing. And a debate kind of is an argument I guess. It becomes a problem when people stop using factual evidence in their arguments and start attacking character and calling names. I choose to follow current events and politics, and the amount of character assassinations and name calling is tremendous. I love debating anything and I do my best to try and understand the other side. I think the ability to argue an idea without violence or hatred is a valuable human trait, and sadly some societies are losing touch with that higher ability.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
I think debating differing views is a great thing. And a debate kind of is an argument I guess. It becomes a problem when people stop using factual evidence in their arguments and start attacking character and calling names. I choose to follow current events and politics, and the amount of character assassinations and name calling is tremendous. I love debating anything and I do my best to try and understand the other side. I think the ability to argue an idea without violence or hatred is a valuable human trait, and sadly some societies are losing touch with that higher ability.

Ooh. Nice! Well-stated. I completely agree. (I do a lot of fact-checking and am always surprised to see how many people don't. Even with the world at their fingertips, they can't do simple, reliable fact-checking.)
Old 12-12-2014, 02:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakesFeelings
Is there a protein or a calorie dense shake that will be packed with all the good calories that I need? Is there anything I can do to make my transition for meat to plants based diet more healthy?
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/gain-weight-vegan/
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
But id like to meet a body builder that has had success without meat or meat derived protein supplements.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...food_fest.html
Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Knower

going back to the weight issue, If you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, vegetables should make up the bulk of your intake. I would suggest raw vegetables if you have a weight issue. Dark leafy greens are especially important.
protien foods should not be processed. Beans can be soaked over night or lightly sprouted for better tolerance. A wide variety of food should be eaten. The chemicals used in processing soy products that are meat substitutes are very bad for you. Avoid the vegetarian junk food.

The main issues that have to be addressed are vitamin B12 deficiency and adequate mineral intake. B12 is naturally found in animal foods but it is easily supplimented and the suppliment is effective in preventing deficiency. The deficiency can cause severe anemia.

Periodic blood tests can be done to ensure that these levels as well as your blood protein levels are maintained at healthy levels. Protien levels do not usually drop if your are healthy adult and eat a decent variety.

Nutritional yeast is a complete protien and a good cheese substitute. It's also usually fortified with B12. That is the only processed food I would eat.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Ascender

Just for your information:

My herbalist said that my daily protein requirement is about half a glass of milk, or a little less than one egg.

The low volume surprised me, but then it made sense. Usually only these four types of people need high protein: 1) the young, 2) the pregnant, 3) the sick (recovering), and 4) the laboured.

The excess nutrients that we take in may be absorbed for storage if it is fat soluble, or may be flushed out if it is water soluble. I think excess proteins are flushed out.

If your issue is not getting a filling diet, then I think it's just a matter of the stomach adjusting to a lighter diet.

If your issue is too much weight loss, then it could be that your body is removing toxins, as they are typically stored in adipose tissues (fat). So if your health is not deteriorating due to weight loss, then I think your body is adjusting to a healthier state.
Old 13-12-2014, 03:16 AM
TakesFeelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Just for your information:

My herbalist said that my daily protein requirement is about half a glass of milk, or a little less than one egg.

The low volume surprised me, but then it made sense. Usually only these four types of people need high protein: 1) the young, 2) the pregnant, 3) the sick (recovering), and 4) the laboured.

The excess nutrients that we take in may be absorbed for storage if it is fat soluble, or may be flushed out if it is water soluble. I think excess proteins are flushed out.

If your issue is not getting a filling diet, then I think it's just a matter of the stomach adjusting to a lighter diet.

If your issue is too much weight loss, then it could be that your body is removing toxins, as they are typically stored in adipose tissues (fat). So if your health is not deteriorating due to weight loss, then I think your body is adjusting to a healthier state.

I feel like the best action that I've done was to become lighter. I notice today that my body seems really healthy. Despite what my mind says being to skinny, it may be a transition between my old diet and my new diet and that's cool. Out with the bad and in with the new. I wonder how much protein I need as a 21 year old male?
PEACE
Old 13-12-2014, 03:18 AM
TakesFeelings

I am graciously looking at each post and the URL's that are here in this post.
PEACE
Old 14-12-2014, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
Dont be scared to eat fat, the more fat the better! it's one of the greatest myths that fats are bad for you! fantastic education by the powers that be. Eat Nuts, i would say when it comes to vegetarian food they are very very dense. Nuts, Lentils, you need plenty of fats man. I am not sure whether you can eat eggs, but if you can! eat them aswell. And the rest of you're diet, i am sure you know what to eat.

Hemp Seeds, Nuts, and Algae's.

http://www.purehealingfoods.com/hempHeartsInfo.php

Also look into coconut oil's, and Red Palm Oil's for adding more fats to shakes or whatever.

http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/...lm-Oil_02.html

Quinoa.

http://authoritynutrition.com/11-pro...its-of-quinoa/

Nothing much more i can think of, just eat! don't count you're calories just eat!

Lion's and Tigers don't count their calories, when they get the opportunity they eat!

Just to be clear you are talking about the Good Fat, not the bad fat, Right? I understand some fat is actually necessary for your body but you still have the bad fat like saturated fat and trans fat in which are not good for your body. Does are the type of fats that I'm doing my best not to consume. Nuts have good fat and fish and other type of oils. As far as beef, what I understand the fat in beef is very bad for you. When you say is good to eat fat you are referring to the good fat?

I suffer from high cholesterol and I have to limit cheese, meat, bacon and any type of food's that carries bad fat.