Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Kaliayev

The abduction-sleep paralysis link

Has anyone read this study from Harvard?

http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~dsweb/pd...M_DLS_etal.pdf -

Its about memory distortion and its linkage to sleep paralysis and how this may factor into the abduction phenomena.

You can find out more about the paralysis here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

As you can see, the effects include partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations. These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual.

These hallucinations are most often as follows:

Most common

* Vividness
* Falling sensation
* Fear

Common

* Sensing a "presence" (often malevolent)
* Pressure/weight on body (especially the chest or back).
* A sensation of not being able to breathe
* Sense of impending doom/death

Fairly common

* Auditory sensations (often footsteps or indistinct voices, or pulsing noises). Auditory sensations which are described as noise instead of sensations of distinct or comprehensible sounds, are often described to be similar to auditory sensations caused by nitrous oxide by persons who have experienced both.
* Visual sensations such as lights, people or shadows moving around the room

I can personally say this 100% accurate, from my own experiences. I have only had sleep paralysis once, but it was a very scary situation. I had read about it before, thankfully, but I was laying on my front, unable to move a muscle and felt like there was a very horrible presence in the room with me. My sense of time was distorted to, and to this day I still don't know precisely how long I was lying there. Fortunately, it never happened again, but it is a very frightening experience and when you throw into the mix ignorance around the subject, pop culture and some of the more common hallucinations, you can see why and how this could link to the abduction phenomena in many cases.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Exhileration

I was abducted long long ago, and the fear within me was something so strong that for years I did not leave my home, I was what doctors called Agorophobic.

I have since then met my abductor's again, and reunited in understanding and awareness, and the fear is gone. I will never be snatched in the night again, none of us will.

They just don't practise that any longer. They see and value the sentience on this planet and will not remove another human for any purpose without full consent of that person.

Take my words as you will, heed them, or fear them, or despise them, but our Reticuli friends are truly on our side.

Forgive them.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Kaliayev

Assuming there are creatures out there abducting people, I would hesistate to say there were on anything I would like to call my side. Probably because I don't consider hiding in the shadows and kidnap as friendly actions.

Besides, the hostility/friendliness question is almost always inverse to how the government of the day is percieved. Funny that. I remember the 80s and 90s, William Cooper, Karla Turner et al, so give it another 10 or so years and the aliens (assuming they exist) will be "the enemy" yet again.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Exhileration

So long as there is polarity in this universe, there will be perceptual malevolence. However, what you focus on becomes solid, so try to see beyond shadows, and kidnappers, to a greater sense of is-ness.

There are not creatures out there abducting people. There were. But there are not.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Spartacus

How can you be so certain?

Can you be sure that your abduction experiences weren't simply hallucinations induced during sleep paralysis?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Exhileration

I am certain of only one thing Spartacus, that my experience has been shaped by my perception.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Spartacus

Well, all experiences are shaped by perception.

I'm just interested in why you believe that you were abducted by aliens.

I've never actually had the chance to speak with someone who claims to have experienced it.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Exhileration

It is a long story Spartacus, and transcends this lifetime. I do not recall the leaving, it is the coming back that I have always known.

I worked rather closely with a Zetan in order to overcome my fears, and indeed I still do work at it daily. Acceptance has made all the difference. Acceptance that though the Universe is comprised of love, we have free will, so ultimately some beings will choose to act in perceptually un-loving manners. Acceptance that no matter what I have experienced in this lifetime, how vivid, how 3D and real, there will always be people who will want to deny my experience, call me crazy, or eccentric, or laugh at me. Acceptance that everything I have experienced has been perfectly aligned with my higher purpose on a soul level, and that fear is a big lesson for me not only in this life, but in several others. I create fear around me, in order to see through the shadows to the truth of it, which is my free will.

I am interested in your wording Spartacus: "I'm just interested in why you believe that you were abducted by aliens."

That clearly states that no matter what I share with you, you will not receive it with an open mind, you have already pre-determined that my story is belief based, and not rooted in anything more tangible.

Having met many people who feel the same way in this life, I'll keep the story to myself. But I'll leave you with this: we are not alone in the universe, but the predator's out there are not removed from us... we are all One. The hunter and the hunted. The invader and the oppressed.

We are One.

However, I am one, and I am hungry, so I'm going to feed my hunger.

Talk again later
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Spartacus

Well, you "believe" that you were abducted by aliens and so it is belief based.

Everything is.

I'm not laughing at you or implying that you're crazy.

I am not even challenging your beliefs.

I am merely interested in finding out more about your experience.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Light House

Thanks for sharing, Exhileration. Very interesting account! I wouldn't hold it against Spartacus for his wording though - it sounds like he's just trying to be really accurate.

I've experienced sleep paralysis more times than I can count, but I've never felt another presence during it.

Also, sorry for the newbie question, but what's a Zetan?
Closed Thread