Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 09-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Pathfinder

Fried rice

We love Chinese style fried rice, but it's nearly impossible to find in a restaurant w/o a chopped up dead animal lurking around in there somewhere. The cost is crazy too. Usually $7 minimum for what looked to me like $1 worth of ingredients. So I got on the internet and found out how to make it at home. It's incredibly easy! You don't even need a wok, just a large pan.

Just get some frozen peas (or any kind of peas) and nuke them. I like to chop up a green onion too. Take one egg and put it in a bowl, cracked and stirred. Make your rice, and I like white Basmati for this. Sometimes I even mix the rice w/ some cooked wild rice to make the dish more nutty and alkaline.

Put some oil in your pan and get it nice and hot. Use the healthiest oil you can find, and remember that olive oil is not healthy when heated to high temperatures. When the oil is good and hot (sesame oil may be good too, but I use plain old vegetable oil, and not a lot of it), dump in however much rice you want to stir fry, add your peas, green onions and whatever else you like in there w/ the rice, and stir it around occasionally w/ a wooden or plastic spoon. At some point add your egg and mix it up real well, the let it cook for maybe 2 minutes w/o stirring it. Stir it around, and add black pepper, salt, and low sodium soy sauce. If you have any sesame oil and didn't cook w/ it so far, now is a good time to drizzle it on, but it works great w/o this too.

That's it! I like to brown it a bit more than usual to give it a crunchy taste. Serve it w/ your main entree and a salad. This whole process takes very little time. Most of the time is spent cooking the rice (17 minutes), so if you have it cooked ahead of time you will be amazed at how fast this comes together. You can always add more healthy ingredients too like carrots, sprouts chiles, cooked tofu, whatever your heart desires. Nuts might conflict w/ the light taste, but pine nuts would be ideal (and expensive). Honestly, it's just as good as what you get in a restaurant.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Cool tip, Row.

I love rice, I like adding shrimp in mine sometimes.

Oh What would I do for a Pallea right now

The price for rice in many restaurants is ridiculous, particularity for Latin American foods as well, many times your simply paying for service and efficiency, as it can be very time consuming to make those foods. I know with Spanish rice, it's very easy to screw it up. However, you can purchase and make rice and beans for less than 4 bucks and it will last days. Although, imho, rice fried in any oil ( add salt to boot) may not be healthy for alot of folks, considering the high carbohydrates as well. It can be a bit of a bloating nightmare. Still healthier than a lot of the processed garbage out there today and who knows what ingredients they use. Better to cook it yourself as you stated.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I love rice, I like adding shrimp in mine sometimes.
Wouldn't that be some
Quote:
Originally Posted by row37
chopped up dead animal lurking around in there somewhere
?
Old 20-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Pathfinder

maaan, that looks so great! Thank you for the recepie! I sure agree that at home you can do it so much better then anywhere else!