Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 29-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Seeker

Enjoying Life - Two Different Views

I found this on the internet awhile back, so I thought I would post it here for reflection.

Many times, in our fear driven society, we think we need assurances to be more happy and safe, so we comprise the only finite thing we have here on earth; Time, time away from the things that truly matter in life.

Enjoy things as they are.

A tourist arrived in a small fishing village and walked along the beach, he noticed a fisherman pulling his boat to shore.

The tourist complimented the local fisherman on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took to catch them."Not very long" he answered."Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the tourist

The fisherman explained that his small catches were sufficient to meet his needs." But what do you do with the rest of your time? "asked the tourist"

We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children, and take a siesta with our wives. In the evenings we go into the village to see our friends ,have a few drinks, play the guitar, sing a few songs. We have a full life" replied the fishermen

The tourist interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing a bit longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that, with the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?" Asked the Fisherman"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.
"And after that?" Asked the Fisherman

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, "answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!""Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the Fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

"With all due respect señor, but that's exactly what we are doing now. So what's the point of wasting twenty-five years?" asked the fishermen

And the moral of this story is:

Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

Found this on the net somewhere a while back thought I would post it.

Author unknown.
Old 30-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Master
ye yep we shud try enjy lif we shud

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered

Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

Yep.

I found the story very relate-able to my experience.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Pathfinder
A nice story, thank you for sharing!
I've heard a version of this story where a man is sitting under a banana tree, and a western man asks him why doesn't he sell bananas, buy a wheelbarrow etc etc. So that finally one day he could sit and relax under a banana tree ... which he is already doing.
And that's exactly how Western society is ... and increasingly the whole world ... everyone is running somewhere ... wanting more and more and more of this and that ... and there is almost no-one who just works a little, plays with children, enjoys a drink or tea with friends, tells or listens to stories.
I try to live like this ... but then I often feel like a real outcast ... and no-one quite understands why don't I want to do more, have more ...
Old 03-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAndNow
A nice story, thank you for sharing!

I try to live like this ... but then I often feel like a real outcast ... and no-one quite understands why don't I want to do more, have more ...

Just because insanity is subjective, doesn't mean the majority rules. Wait! or do they? lol

I think you have the right plan for your life.

Cheers.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:39 AM
Master

Those stories don't mention the huge amount of negative karma you'd accumulate until arriving back to the condition you started from. The conditions would be the same, but you and your soul wouldn't.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:01 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for sharing these stories :)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Guide
This thread has made my week after being depressed lately :)
Old 21-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Experiencer
That's a brilliant story. Thank you for sharing!
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 09-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Wonderful story, thanks a lot for sharing!

We should be more like that fisherman.