Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Guide

I have a similar story. Read a book and became a raw vegan in one day in 2010. And I still am
Old 07-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Experiencer

I was vegetarian for several years. Just couldn't eat any meat.
Old 27-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Knower

Great story! I would love to have the same experience
Old 16-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Congradulations, you will enjoy it :)
Old 16-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Master
Hey, yeah I had a smiliar experience. A month or so ago I noticed just how slugish I felt from eating processed food, meat and dairy. Handling and preparing raw meat started to make me heave and I just didnt find it as appealing as I always have. So I decided to drink soya milk instead of milk, I tried a vegan cheese but didnt like it so Ive just been having minimal amounts of cheese and Ive cut down my meat intake significantly. If I do eat meat its usually fish or some beef. I tried to cut it all out straight away but found it hard to build up meals with healthy alternatives. So for now, I know in my heart that I want to become vegan, but I know my body needs an adjustment period and also my mind to work out a healthy balanced diet that works for me in the long run. Ive noticed how much less bloated my stomach has been with general improvement in digestion (before my insides would grumble all day) and I am determined to change my diet until it is completely whole healthy foods. As others have said, once you have a higher level of perception its hard stick with bad habits when you know better. Wishing you all the best with your path to better health!
Old 17-11-2016, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Hi Ladyrose,
If you are kind of transitioning from meat to vegetarian to vegan....Quorn is a very good vegetarian option to try and it's not too expensive, and usually available in most UK supermarkets. Not too much of a shock after a meat-based diet, really tasty, and not expensive. Quorn have now also brought out a completely vegan burger.
Old 17-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Master
Hey Tobi,

Thank you, Yes I have some quorn "meat free" pieces but I havent braved trying them yet lol I'd rather someone else try it amd tell me it tastes ok but I do intend to use them for maybe a stirfry or something. I tried Linda McCartney's meat free pie but it seemed really bitty and I found myself having to focus on the taste of onion and gravy to keep it down haha. Ah yeah Ive got those, spicy vegan bean burgers, they are really scrummy. Much better than any other bean/vegetable burger I have tried so far. Just need to find some nice recipes to jazz up the meat free pieces.
Old 18-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Experiencer

Ladyrose, here is a link to a petition for you to sign so that maybe one day Gardein meatless foods will come to the UK. I buy them all the time, absolutely love the Fillets (not shown) and the rest (shown) are also excellent! I have been known to cook an entire package (when no one is looking) and eat it all myself. Well actually, my husband was away that weekend so I just gave in to a major size love for the Fillets and didn't have to share

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...-gardein-to-uk
Old 18-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Experiencer

I transition from a meat eater to a vegetarian one weekend when I realized that I was heart broken for our litter of baby bunnies that had died and I thought, how could I 'care so much about these little animals and still eat meat?' That was about 20 years ago.

Then my daughter mentioned PETA one day and I'd never heard of them so I did a search and found the videos about dairy cow/calf abuses and I was so shocked and horrified that I went vegan overnight. By the following Friday, every thing in my kitchen was 'acceptable' to my new understanding. That was about ten years ago and I'll never go back.
Old 15-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Newbie ;)

It just crept up on the whole family in my case... Quorn and Lindy McCartney are a Godsend. I never feel I'm missing out on things like Lasagne or cottage pie.