Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 29-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Master
Ciqala thankyou for that post because I've been thinking the same thing. That my self esteem right now is related to how much physical activity I do. Also know I do suffer from anxiety and depression and I feel that if I don't work out like I should I'll be anxious or depressed and actually I do feel it a bit when I skip days that I shouldnt. Right now I'm at 3 days a week of intense workout for someone of my endurance. I do 45 minutes of swimming a day, 20 minutes of very fast walking on the treadmill and 30 minutes of yoga....that's my workout three days a week.
Thankyou though your post will make me think about myself and my workouts and learn that yes my body got sick because it was telling me to rest.
Spiritlite.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM
LadyB.

Spiritlite...

I run several times a week and I absolutely love it..

I have a 'guilt' problem if I don't make my weekly mileage..for whatever reason..

I also sometimes do too many really long runs close together just to get that wonderful feeling of satisfaction..I suppose a sort of 'high'..

Well a couple of months ago I ran when I was not feeling great and as a result injured myself and was off running for a whole month...

I cant tell you how bad i felt then..

Listen to your body....If it feels like it needs rest..It needs rest.

LB
X
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 AM
iolite

For heaven's sake... take care of yourself! You could have the flu -- specifically H1N1 (aka swine flu). That strain IS NOT to be taken lightly...it can go to the chest all too easily and you'll end up with walking pneumonia and not realize just how sick you really are. That's what happened to my hubs. He came down with it in April, when it first hit the US a year or so back. He brushed the slight fever off and kept working. Two weeks later, he said that he wanted to go to the ER. He's not a complainer, so when he said that, I knew he was sick. Turned out that he'd had pneumonia for a week!

If you feel up to running to the healthfood store, pick up some vitamin D, 5,000iu or 10,000iu and take 1,000iu per pound of weight for the next few days. Oscilliococcinum is good for the flu too.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Master
Thankyou guys, yes I had to go to my chiropractor for a really really sore neck, so sore I wanted to go to the ER for pain management. He solved the problem in one session and advised me to NOT excercise when you're not feeling good it's not good for the body. I love the guy he has known Dan since Dan was about 5 (Dan is now 40) so he's family so I highly respect his opinion.
Spiritlite.