Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator
A friend of mine was a big woman, not very tall either i hadnt seen her for 12 months until the other day, i didnt recognise her she is so slim i asked her what diet she was on, she said none i said well how have u lost so much weight her answer is ive been following the Tibetan Rites i asked what that was she said go on google type in tibetan rites its all on there,
its a form of gentle excercices based on yoga, she passed it on to more friends they are doing it and they to are loosing weight, the only thing is u have to be very disiplined to do it but it works, its called the 5 tibetan rites i believe, try it

Namaste
Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Okay so get this, I know swimmers especailly if they swim in cold waters, have to have some amount of fat or be slightly a bit on the pudgy side to swim and keep warm.
But get this, before I started swimming (before I had the money to set aside for a gym) I weighed in at 170 then I started swimming and yeah granted I ate **** for a while but I stopped about 9 months ago I am now at 210. Now I don't look it, and I'm pretty positive that I didn't gain 40 pounds of muscle, or could I have?
I'm not a small bodied person either, I'm medium to large boned and am muscular.

Now I just had lab work done and my cholestoral levels and glucose level kidney liver etc are absolutely fabulous, my blood pressure is very very good all without meds.

I'm now going to add yoga to my excercise regime, but man I cannot loose weight. A month ago I started taking Iodine in the form of kelp supplements and eating a lot of seaweed that is dried locally. I take about 10 units of vit d a day, I take a mag-cal supplement, I take Ashwhagnada now as I've heard it helps with corisol levels.

I'm just going on and on, my question is I'm now 35 is my body not loosing the weight because I'm trying to protect myself from something? Or is this just something I'll have to accept?

Maybe I need to treat my body as a goddess would back in the day when being overweight was worshipped.

Sorry just blabbing here.
Spiritlite.

I worry about my weight all the time. I dont eat badly, actually looking at what other people eat, i do quite well. My problem is i am always tired and have a complete lack of motivation. I will get sudden surges of motivation when im at work and then by the time im home again im shattered!!! I dont think you are trying to protect yourself from something. If you are muscular and eat well and all your blood levels are fine i wouldnt worry. It is just the size you are meant to be.

I however went on the contraceptive pill and put on 2 stone in a year just as i was confident in my skin! It was a real blow and i am now trying to get back the figure i once loved! I completely understand if you ever need anyone to talk to them pm me
Old 06-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Master
I have found that what I eat affects my energy levels. IE now I'm eating a lot of brown rice, either with vegies (three times a week) or with meat (one time a week) the other times I eat tuna for omega threes. Since this diet and excercise I do have high energy levels, I don't crash and in four months I've lost 11-12 pounds.
It's wonderful.
Spiritlite.