Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 19-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Experiencer

Animal totems

Hi all,

Strange thing happened today. I was walking along the street when I heard what I thought were crows. I looked up and they flying over a spiritualist church. I saw a couple fly onto tree. I walked up to the tree to take a look at what they were. When I got closer to the tree, I decided I wanted to take a photo of the birds so I could zoom in and see what they were. I started moving to try to take a better photo of them. I then saw a raccoon about 10 metres away from me. I've heard they can be vicious, so I crossed the road It decided it also wanted to cross the road. As it got to the other side, a few crows flew towards it. The crows and the raccoon disappeared out of my sight. This all happened behind a spiritualist church. Do you think there is some sort of spiritual meaning behind this event?

Thanks
Old 20-06-2016, 04:08 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
If I were you I would check out the medicine meaning of both the Crow and the Raccoon and see how they tie into your life. below are two very brief bits of info on them.

Crows, Ravens and all there family to my people are a positive medicine and though often thought of a trickster they are also know to be bringers of light and keepers of sacred knowledge with the ability to travel through the mystery's and to help a person that carries there medicine to do so. They are also protective of there own and will chase away a threat as well as being extremely intelligent. They choose and test the people who carry there medicine, not the person choose them.

The raccoon teaches you about masks and how to wear different one's, also fun loving and protective, though can be a bit of a thief, they are also very into washing things including there food.

As I've already said the best thing is for you to check out there relevant meanings in more detail and see how they tie in with your own life and what lessons they bring to you.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 21-06-2016, 04:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
If I were you I would check out the medicine meaning of both the Crow and the Raccoon and see how they tie into your life. below are two very brief bits of info on them.

Crows, Ravens and all there family to my people are a positive medicine and though often thought of a trickster they are also know to be bringers of light and keepers of sacred knowledge with the ability to travel through the mystery's and to help a person that carries there medicine to do so. They are also protective of there own and will chase away a threat as well as being extremely intelligent. They choose and test the people who carry there medicine, not the person choose them.

The raccoon teaches you about masks and how to wear different one's, also fun loving and protective, though can be a bit of a thief, they are also very into washing things including there food.

As I've already said the best thing is for you to check out there relevant meanings in more detail and see how they tie in with your own life and what lessons they bring to you.

Makoiyi

Thanks,

I didn't look at the medicine meanings, but I did look at the animal totem meanings before I put up my post. I couldn't make sense of them. I'll definitely look at medicine, though. Thank you :)

I also saw black squirrels today. First time I've seen them!
Old 24-06-2016, 12:47 AM
confusionsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidExplorer
Thanks,

I didn't look at the medicine meanings, but I did look at the animal totem meanings before I put up my post. I couldn't make sense of them. I'll definitely look at medicine, though. Thank you :)

I also saw black squirrels today. First time I've seen them!

Some of the things to look into are what direction was the raccoon coming from-going to?, was he moving fast? slow?, what was its gait?, was it day or night? Everything has meaning in the spirit world. Trying to decode it, is almost impossible, since much of the old ones knowledge has been assimilated into euro-descendant culture.
Squirrel "Makade Ajidamoo" teaches us how to survive, they teach us how to make shelter, and how to store away things on the physical and spiritual levels.
If you see a squirrel, see how close you can get to it by walking silently.
IF you are able to get close, this too has meaning. if you are unable to get close, its time to practice your stalking skills...lol-just sayin'.
As far as a spiritualist church. I cant answer that. Might have been telling you to avoid it.
Nahow! Miigwetch.