Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Rikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
The model of the self is a reflection of individuality and difference (change the words if those two dont work). Its a model of individual experiencing and perceiving.

What makes the experience individual?

How have you broken this up into parts?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary
No that's just language, Whatever the body/mind complex that's stating this is called is irrelevant, doesn't prove you have a self.

hold on

That's all you have, a concept of self, you don't have an actual self, you can't.

A concept exists as a concept there's no need to pretend as if it's the actual thing.

In reality there is just a mind/body complex called a human, that human is labeled as (enter label here)

that same human is believing that the thoughts the mind produces are actually real things.

A belief is not reality, it's impossible

What we have is individual experiencing and perceiving through a bunch of human bodyminds that relate and interact. The word 'self' is just a way of talking about this actuality. We can change the word though if you really want to.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Rikki

Quote:
What we have is individual experiencing and perceiving through a bunch of human bodyminds that relate and interact. The word 'self' is just a way of talking about this actuality. We can change the word though if you really want to.

The content is different from human to human, but is the experience? The space where the thoughts and emotions manifest?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary
There's no self to define.

Can you find a self to define?

You said there is no self. In order to make that statement you must have some definition of what this self is that doesnt exist. What are you saying exactly doesnt exist?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Rikki

Quote:
You said there is no self. In order to make that statement you must have some definition of what this self is that doesnt exist. What are you saying exactly doesnt exist?

Dude, you literally blow my mind. We're 472 pages in, and you're still asking this.

Really?

I really think this question merry-go-round is never ending with you. When does it stop?

Genuine question.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
And what is the self Shaman?

I've shared my realization already but it really cannot be spoken. It cannot be understood and telling people to look and see enlightenment is not it talking...............
This is really all I have been saying to you the few times we talked.
I don't expect you to understand or not understand. It just is this way.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Lisa

Hey Hey! The gangs sort of all here. Hi Stephen.

What's it like posting without using curse words?

I would think it very difficult for you guys!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
Dude, you literally blow my mind. We're 472 pages in, and you're still asking this.

Really?

I really think this question merry-go-round is never ending with you. When does it stop?

Genuine question.

Stop? He's just warming up.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Rikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Stop? He's just warming up.

*blows head off*
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Rikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I've shared my realization already but it really cannot be spoken. It cannot be understood and telling people to look and see enlightenment is not it talking...............
This is really all I have been saying to you the few times we talked.
I don't expect you to understand or not understand. It just is this way.

So in your opinion, has every teacher of enlightenment throughout history been a fraud?

Jesus?

Buddha?
Closed Thread