Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2006, 11:01 AM
e-ma

A Question on Chanting and the Throat Chakra

Hi Guys,

I just had a question and wondered if there might be anyone knowledgeable out there. I was doing some chanting this morning, and the particular chant that I was doing was fairly low on the frequency scale and quite deep. I could feel my energy rising and altering as the tone changed. I finished the chant and grounded my energy with breathing exercises, and then I thought 'that was so much fun, I wanna do it again'. So, I started the chant again, but this time, something went wrong in my throat, as if the throat chakra had been forced in the wrong way or something. My throat became very tightly constricted and I could hardly speak! After many searches on the internet, I couldn't seem to find out what had happened. Might anyone here have any idea?
Old 13-09-2006, 06:45 AM
mikron

Greeting lonelytraveller you are maybe an indigo by your name! Namaste sorry I could not answer sooner I just joined a few days ago but I am happy to say your post is amazing becuase its on the right track I mikron am here to tell you !

there are 2 aspects that apply when ever a person decides to consciously seek spiritual ideas ! the get breathing teniques that exand both there breath and changes there tone to a deeper one to go along with the breathing ! The other aspect you might want to consider is the Om chanting can acticate your ear chakra and throat chakra at the same time ! do a search on yahoo for this artist Steven Halpern
http://www.innerpeacemusic.com/
i just told you a secret his music can open up energy in healing light ! Life is so amazing ! there is an amazing person on the planet I think you need to find out more info about her name is Sherry Edwards , goto www.bbsradio.com sign up for free registration amd listen to her audio show

sherry is a master of sound she can listen to a person voice and can tell a person why they are sick ,its a most amazing story if you could hear her speak live ! trust me
Namaste
mikron
Old 14-09-2006, 06:01 AM
e-ma

Namaste mikron!

Your messages make me laugh - Thanks for the links, I know how very powerful sound and vibration is. I do have some Chakra Sounds CDs, but will check out Stephen Halpern (I think I've seen his site before). Chanting and sound really can open up your chakras - I believe that it was chanting that opened up my crown very powerfully last year. Just yesterday I was listening to Krishna Das' chanting CD, and by the evening I began to have a chanting session, and I felt so in presence of spirit, if that's the correct term.. and it gets better and better over time, with more practise.. wonderful..

Edited to add - yes, recently I have started to practise Kundalini Yoga breathing exercises - breathing in from the navel, and it really has affected the tone of my voice - my voice is much deeper and more mature. It's kinda scary because I'm a girl.. but at the same time I feel like my blood is more oxygenated and I am getting a lot more from chanting and whatnot, so I really do like it.

My throat seems to have gone back to normal now.. I have been practising sending white light to the area (on the suggestion of a member of this site)

Last edited by e-ma : 14-09-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 14-09-2006, 12:33 PM
dreamer

13.33 it is
Old 14-09-2006, 12:42 PM
mikron

hI Dreamer 13 33
Old 29-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Awi Gaya

just sending you healing vibrations and love my friend....truly
Old 29-09-2006, 01:50 PM
e-ma

Old 01-10-2006, 04:35 PM
ross

Hi e-ma

I find this thread quite interesting as I have recently started working on my throat chakra. For me this one has been very blocked for a long time, for as long as I can remeber I have had extreme difficulty expressing myself. during my meditation, yoga and ReiKi practice over the last six months or so I have experienced physical soreness and constriction in my throat area. However a couple of weeks ago I discoved a mantra called "Sat Nam" taught by Yogi Bhajan. This is broken down into four primal sounds; sah, tah, nah and mah. On the first breath sah is chanted while the thumb and forefinger on each hand lightly touch to form a mudra. On the second breath tah is chanted while the thumb and index finger lightly touch. On the third, nah is chanted, thumb and ring finger touching and on the fourth, nah is chanted, thumb and little finger touching. To start with the mantra should be chanted loudly in the "voice of a human being" for as long as intuitively feels necessary, and then softly chanted in the "voice of a lover", and lastly it should be chanted silently "in the voice of God". In just a couple of weeks this has had a very powerful effect on me, not only do I feel more open with other people, but others seem more open with me. My hearing has also improved for some reason.
Hi Mikron,
I've not heard of the ear chakra before, could you say a little about this.
Hi Dreamer,
what does 13.33 mean, have I missed something?

Ross

Last edited by ross : 07-10-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ma
Hi Guys,

I just had a question and wondered if there might be anyone knowledgeable out there. I was doing some chanting this morning, and the particular chant that I was doing was fairly low on the frequency scale and quite deep. I could feel my energy rising and altering as the tone changed. I finished the chant and grounded my energy with breathing exercises, and then I thought 'that was so much fun, I wanna do it again'. So, I started the chant again, but this time, something went wrong in my throat, as if the throat chakra had been forced in the wrong way or something. My throat became very tightly constricted and I could hardly speak! After many searches on the internet, I couldn't seem to find out what had happened. Might anyone here have any idea?

I know we can over-work chakras?
As an example, I used to try and open and close them in a split second - due to laziness!
But this created sore areas where the chakras lay?

I should really have practised opening and closing them slowly, in order for them (and me) to get used to the opening and closing process a bit at a time.

Hope this is of use...

AM
Old 02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
e-ma

Thanks for the replies

ross, that info was really interesting. I have been thinking about that mantra you mentioned all day today and am trying to learn more about it. I found a Google video with a similar mantra, which also originates from Yogi Bhajan, and think I would like to give this one a try:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9090978688340383920&q=Yogi+Bhajan& pr=goog-sl

Your results sound great, I'm really glad you're seeing positive results in just two weeks! I still really need help with the throat chakra. It's stopped being so restricted, but there are still blockages there. I have difficulty speaking to people in a social environment - when I am nervous or am meeting new people out socially my voice goes really really quiet, almost like a whisper and nobody can hear what I'm saying. Later, when I am more relaxed or with people that I trust, my voice goes back to normal again.

AM.. yeah I really felt as though I overworked my crown and throat last year. I haven't mastered how to consciously open and close my chakras yet though.. looking forward to reaching that level of understanding..
Closed Thread