Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:21 PM
kundalini

Post Please Respect The Mediums Of SF

Hi all,

It has recently been brought to the SF Staff's attention that certain members are pressurising the mediums of this forum whilst requesting readings. There are also some other issues with regards to this which will not be discussed here. The mediums of this forum give readings free-of-charge to members and give of their own free time to do this. Please be aware that the mediums of SF are normal people who have busy daily lives just like everbody else.

Due to these circumstances, over the next few coming weeks, the mediums present at this forum may be issuing individual policies in their threads detailing certain requirements for readings to be given. The SF Staff, who are backing these individual policies, fully expect the requirements given by the mediums to be respected completely and if infringed, could result in disciplinary action being took against the member responsible.

I will leave this thread open should anybody have any questions to ask or comments to make pertaining to this matter.

I thank everybody for your time, Kundalini, SF Staff.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Master
I just want to say that I agree that the people giving readings should be given the time they need and the respect they deserve for their efforts. I don't know anything about the specifics of what's going on here at SF, but I applaud this measure.

I would also like to remind people asking for readings that guidance can be a very good thing from time to time, it can help you sort things out, but we should not rely on readings to give us all the answers we seek in life. Readings can be very accurate and very helpful, but if you always look outside yourself for the answers, how do you expect to discover your inner guide?

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Maranda

Just for the record, I have never asked for a reading and I don't want one.

I posted a reply to someone asking if anyone wanted a reading because they were practising, I don't mind participating in that. And if the waiting list gets long feel free to put me at the end of it.

It should be pointed out that offering reading and being asked for a reading are two different things and may cause some confusion.

I don't think someone offering a reading can be aware of how overwhelming it can become as people are curious. I believe they should be made aware of that fact.

And as for people being asked for readings they might want to restrict their free readings to the first ten people.

I can see this causing a real problem if some guidelines and boundaries are not set up.

I don't want a reading and I don't offer readings. However I am happy to offer advice and guidance - I can only offer the information, what they do with it is up to them.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 AM
kundalini

Hi Mother Goose, thanks for your comments concerning these measures; they are very much appreciated.

Hi Maranda, the individual policies of the mediums will set the tone for the guidelines and boundaries concerning readings. Hopefully, there will be no further problems in this respect after the policies are in place.

Kundalini.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Maranda

Kundalini,

That sounds good. I have experienced the overwhelming thing. I was on a forum answering questions and giving advice when I became overwhelmed with emails and PMs as well as questions on the board. I was trying to accommodate everyone, it was difficult. In the end one of the moderators stepped in.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranda
Kundalini,

That sounds good. I have experienced the overwhelming thing. I was on a forum answering questions and giving advice when I became overwhelmed with emails and PMs as well as questions on the board. I was trying to accommodate everyone, it was difficult. In the end one of the moderators stepped in.

Sometimes emails and PMs can become a problem. That's why most everything is best requested on the open forum. Maybe that's why patience is considered a virtue.

John
Old 08-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Maranda

Patience is a virtue - But oh, the thrill of antisipation! We should learn to enjoy it more.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:25 PM
ljepotica

The thing that people ought to realise is that those that do readings are telling you what they are picking up and some people find this a bit too much or in chat start to really pressurise you or get upset or angry.
We don't go to spill out all the bad things in your life-we try to tell you some issues and blockages there might be in your life.
I'm sorry if I do say some things that are a bit too much for you but it's what I sometimes pick up and these things keep on bugging me in my head and I only try to tell you in the hope that you can work towards a solution-there is a solution to everything only we seem to think not!

Reading is not some kind of game where when you spot a reader you ask them for another reading concerning your love life or for them to do a reading for your partner, pets, parents, best friend, next door neighbour etc.

Some people only seem to want to join this forum as they want reading after reading-which I and I'm sure other readers don't like. There are others out there that have never had a reading and you're being very unfair to them by requesting as many readings as you can get, perhaps they also need help and guidance.

As Mother Goose points out you canot rely only on readings you have got to be able to deal with life outside readings...of course readings are very valuable sometimes:)

The thing I don't like is people asking me about their love life-hey! I offer readings and I cannot give you answers to your personal problems-you have to sort them out yourself, you cannot rely on a reading when you're not willing to communicate with your partner and take a long and deep look at yourself, your partner and where the relationship is going and be HONEST with yourself and your partner.

I'm not here in attack mode but am just trying to make sense to people. Sorry if it sounds like this as most of you are fine but there are a few people that do sort of mess things up for the rest of you and for us readers.

Anyhow take care people and lots of love!

S xxx
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM
OceanWaves19161

I agree. I'm more than happy to give readings to people but I can't always make great connections with some people and I won't get much or its not the kind of stuff they wanted to hear etc. All I can give you is what I'm given in the gentlest way I know how. I do try my best please so dont get angry. The most annoying thing out of all however is people who get a reading, say thanks and leave no critique or anything and never come back to the forum. It's really quite rude and shows little respect toward any of us here. On a happier note though, those lovely people who have been victims of my readings thankyou for helping me to grow:). Your much appreciated!

Alana
Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 PM
tiltjlp

Thanks everyone for some thoughtful and informative posts. Maybe this thread will help us all better understand what readings are all about, and make some of us realize it's not a game. Every member who offers free readings is serious and sincere about their efforts, I think it's only fair that anyone who requests a reading has the same attitude.

John
Closed Thread