Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
AL

The Stone Of Truth

There are two tribal leaders sitting on two different hills with their tribes. There is a huge rock in between the two hills, or, viewing points. Lets call this big obelisk like rock "the stone of truth".
The stone of truth is not directly in the middle and is a little off centre, between the two.
one shouts to the other, "hey, one day, I would like to climb that big rock on the right there"
The other one says back "eh, I cant see any big rock to the right, surely you can only mean that one on the left"
"Sorry my friend, but, it is definitely on the right, I can see it, perhaps you are looking at a different rock"
"No, no, I am sure we are looking at the same stone, perhaps your eyes are failing you, it is on the left"
So for many years, they debated, which turned to argument, culminating in very aggressive posturing between the two as to whether the stone lay on the left or right.
One day, a wise holy man came along and was invited to arbitrate, in exchange for supplies and clothes. Eventually, after much debate and reasoning among them, they decided to move to a different viewpoint, to see if it would stop their bad feelings. so they both agreed to move to another hill, each moving clockwise to the next hill and the nomadic sage went on his merry way.
The stone of truth was still between them, though the one who perceived it to be on the left, now saw it as being more to the right and the other viewed it to be more to the right instead of more left. And so the arguing became stronger and they were now threatening each other with extreme violence on the basis that their new viewpoint was definitely the real truth this time as a result of their viewpoints changing. They still retained what they had seen from the old view, and now added their new views to that, culminating in a greater understanding of the whole, or, a greater part of the whole, stone of truth. But the feuding continued as to whose views were better, a view of the same thing.
Eventually, God came along, tired of their years and centuries of waring and there were almost fatalities as a result of their increased tension which was now turning to near violent skirmishes based on their differing viewpoints, and God lifted them both out of their bodies until they both sat next to each other, floating directly above the stone of truth. Immediately they could see clearly that they were both wrong, and there was remorse, then forgiveness due to their shared viewpoint and the understanding which came from it.
So, for an accurate view of anything, rise above and take a Birdseye view from above, and you will see the whole picture, and not just part of it. If you live in the woods, climb the highest tree, and you can see all around, otherwise, you cannot see the wood from the trees. If in the forest, how do you know that the edge of the forest is not just one mile away, with a perfect Utopian Paradise nearby, which you cant see? with The other direction, endless desert.
The only true viewpoint is the view through the creator of personality's eye's. we could say, we tend to share our father's vision, the father shows the child how to see when the child puts themselves in a position to see from that ones viewpoint.
Peace. Al
Old 12-12-2006, 05:23 PM
dreamer

hee, hee, hee hey al i wrote the same story a while back i'll flag it up have a look it called something like all viewpoints are valid when every viewing point is considered... apparently Dr Seuss wroten the same thing..... one shared mind huh.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:03 PM
kundalini

LOL, I have now read both your stories and whilst the details are different, the point they prove is the same. Very profound.

I've always remembered sometime ago, I used to play regularly on an RPG game on the Playstation2 called Final Fantasy 8. The protagonist of the story, Squall Leonheart was basically a soldier and as he was the main character in the story ( amongst others ), you, as the player generally got to see what his thoughts were on certain events that were happening in the game. At one point, as there is a coup d'etat in the city in which he is based in at that time, you see him thinking to himself and his thoughts are thus (more or less ) :

Maybe it isn't good and evil which separate us...maybe it is our perspectives...

Well, that memory popped into my head as I was reading this and it seems appropriate to this discussion, so I thought I would share it with you all.

Kundalini.
Closed Thread