Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-10-2010, 08:12 PM
meta_synthesis

Why do you post? What is your motivation and or purpose?

What is your true purpose and motivation here?

When an idea of a great topic occurs to you, why do you post it? Or a cool idea for a response you read, what do you want to get out of sharing it?

We go to work to make money so we can survive and live comfortably. We eat to satisfy our hunger, and keep the body alive. We have sex because it's enjoyable, or to have children.

We have reasons for why we do certain things and not other things. We have a motivation. We may say it's one thing, but really, it's something else.

The answer that is the truth, and what we wish or hope was the answer, often don't meet up.

They don't for me.

I wish I posted just for fun. To play. I have even said this is why I post, but really it's not. I either wasn't really aware of my true reasons or motivations, or didn't want to admit it to myself. Or a mix.

But every single post I create is for the soul reason of “King Me!”

I want to walk in, and be the Highest Truth. Be like Jesus, part the seas with my stunning clarity. The smartest one, the most level-headed. Ego's basic attitude is, my truth incorporates everyone's truth, thus making my truth the Highest, as far as truth via the level of mind is concerned. There is also an awareness that sees this, and knows it's not the actual Ultimate truth. But it suites ego just perfectly. Since it is the best it can ever get. The highest level it can achieve.

I don't read anyone's post to help them. I only look for what I can use to express some cool insight I can offer to the board, hoping to elicit responses of “Wow! Great Post! You Awe me with your Brilliance.” So I can sit there and read it, smile, nod and agree. Yes, it's true, it was a great post, I am awe-inspiring, clearly I am brilliant.

*takes a puff of his pipe*

I have no interest in helping anyone here. It's not because I see people are beyond help, don't want, need it, or I am not not capable of helping them, no, I just don't care. If they find what I say helpful, awesome. That's great!! RoCk oN! But it's not my intention. My intention is to get an ego-thrill.

Take this post for example. I am secretly (or not so secretly, LOL) hoping for responses that are somewhere along the lines of “your honesty astounds me!” or “The openness you exude is remarkable.”

*takes another puff*

I also want to avoid this moment. Avoid realizing profoundly it is the only “moment” there is. Avoid “stillness.” Avoid it because if I become aware of awareness, the jig is up, and ego goes bye-bye.

Can't have that.

For about a year and a half now, I have had no questions. I could be standing next to the most Enlightened Master ever to grace the earth, and I would have not a single question.

I would enjoy being in his or her presence, of course, and I would very much like to stare into their eyes. But I have no questions. If I were forced to ask questions, I could come up with thousands. But I do not require any question-and-answer sessions.

Questions exist only on the level of mind, and refer to only ideas, concepts. If you know anything of this awakening thing, you know concepts are only helpful up to a point. For me, they were only helpful to realize they wern't needed in the first place. The question is, was interest and fascination in ideas and pointers and concepts, debating them endlessly, necessary, to realize they are in fact unnecessary?

From one perspective, yes. From another, no.

Once you know that concepts are not IT and do not lead to IT, and continue to mull over them, they become a hindrance rather than a help.

So, although my primary motivation here is to appear Smarter than the rest of you mere peons, I am also partly curious as well. Because I see some pretty aware folks here engaging in what I would describe as retarded and pointless conversations/debates. And I wonder to myself, why they take so much time out of their day to take part in this.

BTW, if you find my picture Deep, Mysterious, Powerful, and can feel the deep Stillness, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me. I promise to tell you that you're really aware to have noticed that, and I'll add a few more things depending on my sense of you, and we can enter into a mutual ego-stroaking session. It'll be great fun. I promise.

Last edited by meta_synthesis : 29-10-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:02 AM
blackfellawhitefella

i intent to allow quality to flow into the present moment.

i read here , appreciating the effort , 'of others' in allowing quality into the present moment , via this environment.

i read here , appreciating my efforts at allowing another's 'expressed present moment awareness' , to be the quality it is , via my (a work in progress) openness

i post , when it flows appropriately.

i experience gratefulness for the medium.

and , why would one miss the opportunity to watch the intelligentsia rationalize itself from existence.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_synthesis

When an idea of a great topic occurs to you, why do you post it? Or a cool idea for a response you read, what do you want to get out of sharing it?

We go to work to make money so we can survive and live comfortably. We eat to satisfy our hunger, and keep the body alive. We have sex because it's enjoyable, or to have children.

We have reasons for why we do certain things and not other things. We have a motivation. We may say it's one thing, but really, it's something else.

The answer that is the truth, and what we wish or hope was the answer, often don't meet up.

They don't for me.

I wish I posted just for fun. To play. I have even said this is why I post, but really it's not. I either wasn't really aware of my true reasons or motivations, or didn't want to admit it to myself. Or a mix.

I want to walk in, and be the Highest Truth. Be like Jesus, part the seas with my stunning clarity. The smartest one, the most level-headed. Ego's basic attitude is, my truth incorporates everyone's truth, thus making my truth the Highest, as far as truth via the level of mind is concerned. There is also an awareness that sees this, and knows it's not the actual Ultimate truth. But it suites ego just perfectly. Since it is the best it can ever get. The highest level it can achieve.

I don't read anyone's post to help them. I only look for what I can use to express some cool insight I can offer to the board, hoping to elicit responses of “Wow! Great Post! You Awe me with your Brilliance.” So I can sit there and read it, smile, nod and agree. Yes, it's true, it was a great post, I am awe-inspiring, clearly I am brilliant.

I have no interest in helping anyone here. It's not because I see people are beyond help, don't want, need it, or I am not not capable of helping them, no, I just don't care. If they find what I say helpful, awesome. That's great!! RoCk oN! But it's not my intention. My intention is to get an ego-thrill.

Take this post for example. I am secretly (or not so secretly, LOL) hoping for responses that are somewhere along the lines of “your honesty astounds me!” or “The openness you exude is remarkable.”

*takes another puff*

I also want to avoid this moment. Avoid realizing profoundly it is the only “moment” there is. Avoid “stillness.” Avoid it because if I become aware of awareness, the jig is up, and ego goes bye-bye.

Can't have that.

For about a year and a half now, I have had no questions. I could be standing next to the most Enlightened Master ever to grace the earth, and I would have not a single question.

I would enjoy being in his or her presence, of course, and I would very much like to stare into their eyes. But I have no questions. If I were forced to ask questions, I could come up with thousands. But I do not require any question-and-answer sessions.

Questions exist only on the level of mind, and refer to only ideas, concepts. If you know anything of this awakening thing, you know concepts are only helpful up to a point. For me, they were only helpful to realize they wern't needed in the first place. The question is, was interest and fascination in ideas and pointers and concepts, debating them endlessly, necessary, to realize they are in fact unnecessary?

Once you know that concepts are not IT and do not lead to IT, and continue to mull over them, they become a hindrance rather than a help.

So, although my primary motivation here is to appear Smarter than the rest of you mere peons, I am also partly curious as well. Because I see some pretty aware folks here engaging in what I would describe as retarded and pointless conversations/debates. And I wonder to myself, why they take so much time out of their day to take part in this.

BTW, if you find my picture Deep, Mysterious, Powerful, and can feel the deep Stillness, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me. I promise to tell you that you're really aware to have noticed that, and I'll add a few more things depending on my sense of you, and we can enter into a mutual ego-stroaking session. It'll be great fun. I promise.

Call this response what you want but WOW!, your post blew me away. Not because of your honesty though. Sorry to disappoint you there. It was sincere and that was felt but it was also very interesting. It was what you didn't say that caught my ear. I get a sense, not of an ego driven man who needs to express and stroke himself, instead I get a sense of someone who really gets what he wants to share and wants to share the love that is overflowing within.
I'm not just saying this.
You see, ego wants you to believe that you are caught up in ego but you never really are. It only appears that you are. Instead, you always are perfect and that perfection is love and that love posts because love is action.
You don't come across at all as egoic. Your insight suggest otherwise. What is stopping you from believing that?
And aside from all that, you had me cracking up the whole time.
Awesome post!
Nice to meet you meta............James
Old 30-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Master
Talking

I can't just walk off after reading your post meta.

I feel pretty much like WhiteShaman, but accompanied with an silent, internal (NOT still) laugh and perhaps a mona lisa type smile. Or maybe it's just gas.

Hey, excellent post, meta.

Old 30-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_synthesis

They don't for me.

*takes another puff*

Can't have that.

Motivation:
I joined this forum because I felt lonely, wanted a bit of guidance and advice at the time from people from all walks of life and not just one faith, and to "re-ground". I wanted to see if there were like-minds out there so as to ensure that I wasn't going "crazy" after all. That was one of my first threads here.

I post because I want advice or to vent and hope people understand my vents since I don't always know how to say in one sentence or question how I feel and what I really want.

I respond many times to posts because it connects to me and I want to share what worked for me or some new idea I got or a funny story, I like the question (even though I don't always read through the end of the post), I have a random slightly off topic question (sometimes it comes off as brash) I have a story I feel compelled to share or...yeah! Shear vanity. Sometimes it feels good to hear people say, "I agree! Great post!" Doesn't happen often. But when it does...

Meh! We're human. I think I moan and complain on here more than offer sound advice.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
Motivation:
I joined this forum because I felt lonely, wanted a bit of guidance and advice at the time from people from all walks of life and not just one faith, and to "re-ground". I wanted to see if there were like-minds out there so as to ensure that I wasn't going "crazy" after all. That was one of my first threads here.

I post because I want advice or to vent and hope people understand my vents since I don't always know how to say in one sentence or question how I feel and what I really want.

I respond many times to posts because it connects to me and I want to share what worked for me or some new idea I got or a funny story, I like the question (even though I don't always read through the end of the post), I have a random slightly off topic question (sometimes it comes off as brash) I have a story I feel compelled to share or...yeah! Shear vanity. Sometimes it feels good to hear people say, "I agree! Great post!" Doesn't happen often. But when it does...

Meh! We're human. I think I moan and complain on here more than offer sound advice.

Hi Dynamist,
I agree! Great post! lol
No really, you bring up several great reasons other than ego that explain why we post.
I can relate to all of them at one time or another.
I can remember quite clearly why I jioned my first forum and it was simply for an outlet to express myself to people that I figured might want to listen.
Realistically that is not normally the case but still something in me needs to express itself in an overflowing kinda way. I feel it is what love does.
James
Old 30-10-2010, 02:12 AM
mahakali

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! that's funny!

sometimes i do just read things because i am interested in what others are saying. and mostly i post because i obsessively love to talk. I have noticed the ego stroking thing yes its tickled me pink before. even when someone is disagreeing with me the fight is somewhat thrilling.

but i do think that peoples lives have been changed by this forum, mine has, and sometimes we ourselves learn things wile explaining things. sometimes people have amazing things to say. so maybe you do need an ego check. maybe you should set your intention to actually care what others are thinking, inspiring someone because you know it could spring a chain of events/thoughts that could end up eventually showing them great truths. maybe it is not your purpose though. Myself, i find a balance between all the reasons for posting, and that's because i set my intention for that, always growing always humbling myself more.

in your picture i see someone who is very aware that there picture is being taken, i see the thought running through your mind "what will people think when they see my face in this pic" lol! but i think your posts are great and your avatar is a handsome guy. stroke stroke
Old 30-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Sangress

Quote:

My true purpose and motivation here is to see the "bigger picture" and learn things from another persons perspective, to gain and give knowledge to others and, in turn, to help others with that knowledge and vice versa.

I post my ideas and respond to others posts because I want to share and see who is (or is not) like-minded, to understand the differences between me and you and everyone else. Awareness of Diversity I suppose you could call it.

I often find myself noticing after I write (say) something that it helps someone else. Sometimes my motive is to offer what guidance I can to someone else, or to ask for guidance . . . .but in general that's just the secondary effect of something I write which isn't originally intended to "help."

But after saying all that I'll mention that I probably won't take much seriously unless (or until) I experience something similar to whatever is said so I can put some kind of personal truth or sense of reality and reliability to it.

At heart I'm a solo practitioner, if i haven't experienced it, then its questionable. So in the end a lot of things said here are simply to understand others and their reactions and points of view, rather than to understand what they are writing about.
Old 30-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Hi Dynamist,
I agree! Great post! lol
No really, you bring up several great reasons other than ego that explain why we post.
I can relate to all of them at one time or another.
I can remember quite clearly why I jioned my first forum and it was simply for an outlet to express myself to people that I figured might want to listen.
Realistically that is not normally the case but still something in me needs to express itself in an overflowing kinda way. I feel it is what love does.
James
YAY! Agreement. lol

Yeah the need to express oneself in a place where people will listen. Sometimes too it's easier to post online because I don't have to look people dead in the eye and see their, "Okay...you're weird!" looks when they don't get what I'm saying or are too afraid to use their imagination.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Greenslade

Actually Meta, I look at your picture and see a Soul out of time. No offence intended, just my perception. It's as though you should have been born a Roman :-) Perhaps the Senate would have been more suited.

I threw 'the book' out of the window. Reading some guru's yabber doesn't do it for me. I like the interaction, the place where you can ask stupid questions or vent your spleen. Doesn't happen with a book. Well you can, but it's one way and a one way ticket to the looney bin :-) There's much more Spirituality here than in the words of the gurus, in the Lives of people that come on these boards and share. As with any topic I have a strong view about, I post to because I want to share what I believe. Being honest I enjoy it when people disagree because you get much more from that than an agreement. The other problem is that there's nobody around for many miles that I can talk to on this sort of leave, not without pointy-finger weird-weirdo. Living in picturesque Scotland where traffic jams max out at six cars and the kid next door does have its drawbacks :-) Apart form that, I doubt anyone would put in the effort and expense to come and slap me.

Nah Meta, your ego isn't going to get any stroking from me - got better things to stroke. By the way, does anyone have a cure for hairs on the palm of the hand, perchance?