Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I have witnessed Demons. I as well as others in my life have seen them. While wide awake and yes with our eyes open. Demons exist, sorry to burst the all is light bubble. In fact, they exist despite us.
You would do well to broaden your self-understanding horizons by reading some Yogic literature. Essentially it says this: that which the seeker is attuned to spiritually (the vibration level), is what the seeker will experience as their reality. In other words, believe in Jesus and you will see Jesus. Believe in Buddha and you will see Buddha. Believe in leprechauns and... you get the picture.

You sound very much like someone who truly wants to believe that what you experienced were demons. So much so that you would take bubble-bursting offense with others here who express differing views. The truth and light is never in the belief itself, but in the manner in which one holds to their beliefs. Clobbering others over the head with one's beliefs out of anger and outrage, isn't truth. That's just fundamentalism. Whereas spirituality is all about the individual's conscious intent and moral action, and nothing more really.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You would do well to broaden your self-understanding horizons by reading some Yogic literature. Essentially it says this: that which the seeker is attuned to spiritually (the vibration level), is what the seeker will experience as their reality.

Believe in Jesus and you will see Jesus. Believe in Buddha and you will see Buddha. Believe in leprechauns and... you get the picture.
This is so very true.

All of our perceptions, the way things appear to us, is the way we want them to be, until such times as we transcend the mere form or image, yet we require those perceptions as a 'stepping stone' to achieve the ultimate reality through those associations....because it's difficult to believe in something that you cannot perceive until it is realised.

Like Jesus said "the way to the Father is through me" and like Shiva says "the way to Brahman is through me" and like Buddha says "the way to Nirvana is through me" and the leprechaun says "the way to the pot of gold is through me".
Old 05-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
the leprechaun says "the way to the pot of gold is through me".
Oh yeah, you posted a pot of gold comment today. I must have been subconsciously thinking of that when I posted my leprechaun comment lol.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Oh yeah, you posted a pot of gold comment today. I must have been subconsciously thinking of that when I posted my leprechaun comment lol.
Yep, that's what happened and I just reminded you of it.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Master
The whole idea of giving up New Age beliefs and going back to Christianity or any organized religion is very confusing to me....unless one didn't have a valid experience in New Age understanding and was still looking externally for answers.

Organized religions in general put a 'middle man' between the congregation and God. This person tells you how to get in contact with God, or does it for you. It is a belief system that God is out 'there' somewhere and if all 'i's' are dotted and all 't's' crossed God or Jesus or whoever the religion holds as it's central tenets will then come into one's heart and life. That's a very simplified version - but the crux of the matter is the diety is 'out there somewhere'.

In New Age beliefs, to the best of my knowledge, one comes into the first hand experience of God Within. One is on first hand basis with this God Within. One see's the Creator displayed through love and life all about and oneself as another vehicle for the Divine to express through as a tapestry of All That Is. There is no God 'out there somewhere'. It has been inside all along and becomes apparent when one's identity as a singularity (ego) is dissolved into love and oneness. We are all part and parcel of the One.

So to leave New Age beliefs and rejoin organized religion tells me those who've experienced being harassed by 'demons' afterwards never discovered and developed relationship to the Divine Within and are still seeking outside themselves for the Divine.
In which all bets are off as it's a false premise to begin with. It puts one back in the Illusion and frankly......anything can happen then as the mind is once again in control and is capable of all manner of strange things and calling all manner of entities and energies to it in it's suffering and questioning and seeking.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Organized religions in general put a 'middle man' between the congregation and God.

In New Age beliefs, to the best of my knowledge, one comes into the first hand experience of God Within.
Clear and to the point, very nice. Human consciousness has evolved over the past 2000 years. The comparison between Piscean Age religion vs Aquarian Age spirituality, is identical to the parent who feeds and clothes the child for years, after which the grown adult goes out into the world and fends for her/his self.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Master
[quote=lanm1192]
Quote:
I am very curious about this phenomena frankly. I kinda just want to understand why this seems to have happened a lot, where a New Ager finds Christianity, then the angels and such they worked with turn into demons that torment them for a period until their god finds the grace to drive the demons away.
When I read that part, I had to chuckle a bit to myself. The reason being, when New Age was fairly new, I read a bit on the net about the people. Most of the ones I read about were Christians who left it for various reasons. Now they want to return? It seems to me that they did a flip flop on their belief and are easily influence by another's belief...go where the wind blows.

In general, children don't really have a choice as they're dependent on their parents and perhaps other family members. When one reaches a certain level of maturity, then it should become a window of opportunity to explore your current belief with questions such as, is this what I truly believe or is it what others expect me to believe? This means a lot of soul searching and perhaps more maturing along the way. Growing older is a biological process and age doesn't always equate with maturity and wisdom. Seems that people who swing from one belief to another are in that process of soul searching and hopefully decide for themselves what they want to develop as their own belief instead of borrowing from other people.

I hope that helps soothe your curiosity.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Master
I think the whole concept of identification with the Divine is more of a personal and conditioned one than a religious one.

Well, it happened that way in my case, anyway.

From a very young age, I had visions of Shiva, before I even believed in Shiva, in fact.

The first time I saw an image of Shiva, I went into a deep trance. It was something way beyond the mind and through the experience, I came to understand that Shiva was my Ishta Devata (personal Divinity).

My heart just knew that Shiva was God, but God wasn't limited to just being Shiva. God was 'out there' and God was 'in here' and God was just freaking everywhere!

This has been with me all my life and I am not saying other paths are wrong or whatever, but the way I make the connection to the 'Divinity within' is through Shiva.

I ended up embracing Hinduism...a religion...because of this experience, even though I realised that Shiva has nothing to do with Hinduism really...I could choose not to be a Hindu and still love/worship Shiva, but at the time, I felt like I needed a 'foundation' or a 'base'...sort of a framework or a nice box to put it all in.

Maybe I am just an anomaly to the way others perceive the whole 'go between' deal.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Master
'Visions of Shiva from a young age'......it's this kind of thing that really makes me wonder about the level of bleed-through we have from other incarnations into present lives, or even from concurrent other lives.
Fascinating stuff The Necromancer, thanks for sharing. Total mind candy for me!
Old 05-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
'Visions of Shiva from a young age'......it's this kind of thing that really makes me wonder about the level of bleed-through we have from other incarnations into present lives, or even from concurrent other lives.
Fascinating stuff The Necromancer, thanks for sharing. Total mind candy for me!
Yes, I agree with that about that past-lives thing and it has been my pleasure to share this.