Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Guide

Quote:
Avilucis :
I am going to start doing that (reliving the day). Haven't done it earlier. Had sleeping disorders. But now I sleep on time. So will start doing this.

I know for a fact, that the practice will at least keep the mind relaxed. Because reliving the day clarifies things and, every sort of mental disturbance I believe arises from lack of clarity/understanding of any situation or your heart.
Because that is exactly what meditation does for me. If my mind is wandering around, the first thing I do is to go through every single thing going on in my life and make decisions, then the mind calms down and I can meditate.

The Theory behind this technique is following-
(Yogis knowledge)- Every single day in life we experience all the emotions that we have experienced since we were born, we may not notice but it happens. So recalling gets your conscious mind to notice that and thus slowly the memories too will be recalled. I don't know how it goes even beyond the present life but possibly the same principle applies for that. Because I personally have many things going on in life that I can't find answers here of. I find some semblance of clues in my dreams and sometimes in my thoughts(there is something really bizarre that I can't say here, will take more space to express), so I am trying to see if knowing about past life is possible and can help.

You are right! it helps the mind relax
Today it is my 4th night doing the practice, it's been really valuable.
Thank you so much for sharing.

I haven't had anything major come up yet, apart from things I already know where they stem from.
Many years of trying to figure them out has eventually shown me that I simply need to let those ones go.

I see glimpses of other things ... I've been watching my OBE's for hints, and other things in daily life have come up which is interesting.
Being able to acknowledge something is the first step to dealing with it appropriately.

http://www.thetwilightnexus.com - astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, OBE
Old 14-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingEssence
Hi guys,

I want to know about different methods to know about past lives. Please share those that have worked for you so that you may also share insights as to how to follow the method properly.

Past life regression is the biggest main technique that people think of when they refer to knowing about past lives.

A few of my friends have attended workshops with Patricia Walsh and if you can afford that (not cheap) those are supposed to be amazing.

I tried one local past life regression hypnotist but I didn't have a great experience with her (long story). I never could relax and I do not believe she ever got me hypnotized. I have had spontaneous past life regression moments that just happened out of the blue (triggered by a movie I was watching) and with research I was able to verify that the PLR was factual for me, so I know they are a real thing but I haven't yet found someone who can hypnotize me.

I have tried the self-guided PLR sessions (where you listen to a guided recording) and I haven't had any success yet.

To your question about other methods to use, I think there are countless methods you could use to obtain past life information. A competent Akashic Records reader could provide information, or a medium, or probably any of the channeling/divination tools.
Old 16-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Hey guys,
Thanks for your replies.
And I have tried guided meditations, but they don't work for me. And I can't see any person who can help, since there are no such people where I live at.

your answers have been helpful.

Thanks.
Old 16-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilucis

You are right! it helps the mind relax
Today it is my 4th night doing the practice, it's been really valuable.
Thank you so much for sharing.

I haven't had anything major come up yet, apart from things I already know where they stem from.
Many years of trying to figure them out has eventually shown me that I simply need to let those ones go.

I see glimpses of other things ... I've been watching my OBE's for hints, and other things in daily life have come up which is interesting.
Being able to acknowledge something is the first step to dealing with it appropriately.
Avilucis
You are welcome. And I am glad it's helping you. I have adopted the same practice too.

But I am the kind of guy who does not care much about the results. I just focus on my efforts. Since it helps understanding and analyzing events, I will continue doing it forever...

Best wishes,
Blaze.
Old 16-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Based on Michael Newton's books about life between lives regression, I successfully tried self-hypnosis. Although I haven't had movie like experiences, I got meaningful information about the purpose of several past lives, including the current one, names, dates, locations, feelings experienced. I've also done a progression hypnosis for my future current life.

The basic idea is to start with full physical relaxation (with or without the help of an audio script, music, or binaural tone), followed by deepening, visualization (I skipped this step, which is probably the cause of me getting messages, feelings, but almost no images), regression back to childhood, womb, progression to birth, then regression to a past life of your choice.

Newton's method isn't focused on past lives, but on life between lives, so the past life regression is mostly used to cause a more natural entering into the afterlife by swiftly and painlessly passing over.

You can find a lot of examples of regression on youtube, but to me Newton's books were the starting point.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Deactivated Account
I've only seen a couple of past life experiences in dreams. I'm nervous to try the other methods. Maybe I'm not ready yet but some day...
Old 18-03-2017, 01:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.cimmerian
I've only seen a couple of past life experiences in dreams. I'm nervous to try the other methods. Maybe I'm not ready yet but some day...
Hey,
I remember how nervous I was when I got close to A.P. But in the end I decided to either do or die. Then I succeeded. I don't advise anyone to do that but I think one has to find a way to counter fear. And you get glimpses in your dreams, that's something worth following up on. The method I talked about is not scary, also it has many other benefits besides making you more conscious of current life.

How does one recognize if a dream is regarding past life???
Old 19-03-2017, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Well, the dreams felt like memories. Clothing and architecture could be dated. Starting now I'm going to try reliving the days and see how it goes.
Old 31-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Tedmil

I'd be weary about using any kind of a method to recover past lives because your expecting results, so it's easy to build off of false information. I think the only reliable method are memories from early childhood which may have showed glimpses of the previous life.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 AM
Knower
I've tried self hypnosis and it doesn't seem to work for me. Not sure I'd want to go over my whole day before I go to sleep. I don't know why but this idea makes me feel anxious.