Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Guide

Cat Experimenting

I noticed sometimes I'm completely aware of my body while I am asleep. Like a few nights ago my arm was falling asleep while I was dreaming so I moved it to wake it up and get the blood flowing through it, the only thing was even though I was moving it it wasn't getting blood flow. I think the arm I was moving was my astral one since I was able to flex it so easily even though it was directly under my head (unable to move it)...

Since that time I've become aware of my body more and more while I'm asleep in a dream. Last night I'm not entirely sure why or how but I started hearing a piercing screeching sound in my ears. Then I guess I got super sensitive hearing because I could hear the grass rustling really loud in my ears like there was something moving around outside which is kind of impossible since I sleep on the second floor, so I can't hear someone moving around in the grass a whole lot. And I also started seeing my room as well, and with the loud rustling outside and pitch blackness of my room I flipped out and prayed for help... I usually have my light on all night (due to various in my room nightmares) but this time and sometimes in other situations like this there are no lights, except the sunlight when the sun is up in real life.

So was this astral projection or lucid dreaming?

How am I becoming aware of my body in my sleep? Is that bad?

Oh and during this time I was somehow able to lucid dream (if that's what it is) just think of a place and I'm there, can't exactly control everything around me though sadly... Wish I could... Wanted to make a room bigger with a nice bed and toys... Ect. Note entirely sure if this kind of thing led to the strange dream of my room or not...
Old 30-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator
It sounds rather like you are aware of your astral body during sleep.
In my experience dreams that take place in the vicinity of your bed/bedroom, or even in your house are possibly vague memories of experiences out of body.
However, it's likely these experiences took place in what's called the Real Time Zone...and may be mixed with a dream-like-state too, depending on the level of conscious awareness when they happen.
The Real Time Zone is notorious for having strange sounds, anomalies, effects, etc. These are sometimes objective, but very often nothing to worry about, and just part and parcel of this weird place the RTZ, where sometimes random things happen.
Screeching noises....could possibly be sounds that happen in the vibrational state, which is a precursor to going out of body (those sounds can be disconcerting especially at first but are quite natural, and something to do with vibrational re-alignment from the physical state to the astral state)....or they could be yet another phenomenon of this RTZ stuff.
As I said, it's often hard to tell in the RTZ if what you perceive is objectively "real" or whether it is pretty random. Experience can help work out what is what. There are some things here which are quite "real" in their own sense, and some things which are subconscious, and some things mixed with dreams, and some things seem to have no logic to them!
Don't be put off by the nightmare. Especially if it was a one-off event. Dreams are a mixed bag. Some caused by stress, tension, memory, or a negative body-state, subconscious processes etc. They are sometimes "just dreams". Even if they're mixed with some awareness of the astral body.
Old 30-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Guide

Actually the nightmares lasted for a month or so... Had it 4-5 times a week and sometimes more... Everytime I fell asleep I'd enter into that weird dream state where I wake up in my room. Onetime unable to move other times there are people in there... The first month was pretty scary... First one was brief, I fell asleep before the sun set and saw something (evil dwarf?) at my door walking in, other ones were a crow on my tv, a girl simular to the ring (only creepier and she giggled alot)

Other times there would be a guy there, idk if they are all one guy or if they are all different, can't remember details sadly, just remember some instances, where I was being hugged and then felt like I left my body (but still in real time zone) I talk to them briefly but then get distracted and try to go through my door.

But going that time was mostly when I had those creepy in my room dreams.... Only a few nice/non creepy in my room experiences.

There were some other animals around, there was a glowing lion at my door way, looked very worried... And told me something but I can't remember... That and my dead cats, well I hope they are... I'd used to feel them around me sometimes when I was meditating or asleep, never saw them just felt/heard/touched them as if they were real cats...
Old 30-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Master
There are many conscious states that can occur while your body is asleep. What you describe does not sound like lucid dreaming as you did not describe any dream aspects occurring at the time.

The seeing your room could be astral sight or astral projection where you haven't moved away from your body. Though typically if you are astral projecting and not moving away from your body you reintegrate after a few minutes.

Its possible to just become conscious while your body is asleep. One of the triggers for this is an 'alarm' from the physical body. The description of your arm being asleep would qualify. During sleep, your body's connection to your brain/mind/consciousness is very limited. As such any signal from the body come through typically in a vague fashion and can take a while to figure out what the 'problem' is. Its not atypical for that input to be integrated into whatever the consciousness part of you is doing (dreaming, projecting, etc) rather realizing that the actual physical body is in need. Environmental sounds are often integrated into dreams for instance. As such if you were in astral form, you might well move your astral arm in response to a physical arm 'complaint'.
Old 30-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Guide

Yep, well I have tried to move away from my body.. Sadly I can only get as far as the door to my room, sometimes if I'm lucky I can be to the stair case just outside, but as soon as I do everything either goes white, or it goes black and I almost immediatly wake up in my bed...

Strangest instance was when I was tying to seperate myself from my body, by pulling myself out using the edge of the bed, I fell to the floor and some how landed on my blankets and pillows at the bottom of my bed (all blankets and pillows in real life are on my bed) I had a problem seeing so I opened my eyes, and saw floor and the bed, everything you would see when your on the floor, and then my vision got fuzzy, and after a few seconds I started seeing my bed sheets on my bed (what you see when your on your bed). Somehow when I opened my eyes I opened my real eyes as well... Very strange experience :)

So how can you tell the difference between lucid dreams and astral? Since I've discovered the whole astral projection/spirit people, been having wierd experiences while asleep, about my room... And experienced sensations I can't explain, like cats around me when there are none (never saw them though just felt them, and touched them... And heard them)
Old 30-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
So how can you tell the difference between lucid dreams and astral?
Short answer, its not always easy to tell. With experience it just feels different.
Partial answer here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=39376

The basic answer is how things respond to your actions and intent. In the physical for the most part you have to take a physical action to make a physical change. In dreams you can also just alter things by wishing or intending them to be different. In astral travel, you can alter your form like a dream but the landscape follows its own rules for alteration. If in the RealTime Zone (RTZ) i.e. in your room, you will not be able to transform objects or move things across the room. If you are on the Astral Planes, they can be modified by strong thought, intent, or will. As such its not so easy tell if you are in the Astral or merely dreaming about the Astral. If you OBE to some other unknown location, there may be few clues from the landscape as you don't know the 'rules' in that location.

If you pay attention to how you move through the landscape, you will notice differences. One of the biggest hints it's a dream is if you just 'pop' from location to location without traveling in some manner in between.