Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm a vegan, a fairly recent one (since last summer) and never looked back. I wouldn't judge anyone who choses to eat meat as it's a personal choice but I feel better in myself for not eating something that once lived. You can only make that decision for yourself. Vajra you're doing the right thing in seeing your doctor, as it's good to be sure what you need to eat for all the nutrients your body needs. Being a vegan or veggie isn't at all hard once you're used to it, but if you've been used to eating meat it does take a little time learning how to create balanced meals around grains and pulses. If you need any advice feel free to pm me.
Old 26-03-2007, 10:53 PM
freedancer

Dearest Vajra,
I applaud you for coming to this way of thinking about meat eating.I too was a meat eater for most of my life.Then i found a website,almost a year ago,quite by accident called Viva.Sir Paul Mcartney is the patron.I watched in horror at the videos they had, as the animals were abused and violated, until it made me physically sick.I cannot un-know what i now know to be barbaric and unwarranted cruelty of sentient,living beings.Therefore i am vegan for life.As far as i am concerned,my existence does not depend on the death of other living spiritual beings and i can live quite happily,and a lot more healthily and cheaply,without the need for any animal to die in my name.Listen to your intuitive mind and you will instinctively know what the right thing to do is my sweet.Bless you for not ignoring what many others do,in order to fill their bellies.Life feels good when you can pass a cow in a field and look her in the eyes with love instead of shame.Follow your heart dear one.You'll know what to do.Don't be scared,its easier than you think.

Love and peace sister of light.
Ley xxx
Old 27-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Maranda

This is only for those of you who may be in conflict about what you eat.

Simply cut down on everything you eat. I did this in order to feel more energised and to experience more awareness.

Begin now to cut down on everything you eat, slowly gradually. Expect this process to take a year or two maybe more.

You may even decide to cut something out all together but it should be your choice and your choice alone.

Don't expect miracles and don't beat yourself up if you have a small Sunday roast occasionally.

The power lies in it being your choice.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Muddler

I found this a fascinating thread. Surely though, not eating meat (or whatever) is an issue of conscience (in this context at least). But eating meat in spite of one's conscience surely has psychological undertones. Unless it is for survival perhaps. Vajra, perhaps this is something you may want to look into. As someone who has occupied therapists' chairs with some regularity, perhaps I'm sensitive to what is underlying this.
Closed Thread