Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 22-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Septerra

Recognition of Chakras

I've got a question on learning chakras. I'm fairly new to meditation and have had a few powerful experiences with it...although trying to understand chakras has been giving me some trouble. I get the reason for having colors...making it visualization-friendly. I get the distinction between them all and their ontological meanings (for the most part). However, I am confused on a few things:

1-What is the difference between 'balancing', 'opening', 'closing', 'healing' the chakras, and how/why does one attempt each of these?

2-How do you know if you've successfully done one of these above? I've tried some balancing hypnosis tracks, and have had some tingly feelings...but am I supposed to feel a difference after this temporary 'hair-standing' subsides?

3- I can focus on most of my chakras, but for some reason...my root chakra and throat chakra are difficult for me to focus on. I get distracted easily with throat chakra....and can barely even recognize my root...does this mean they are blocked/faded/or something else???

Thanks in advance!
Old 22-02-2013, 08:54 PM
millergrls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septerra
I've got a question on learning chakras. I'm fairly new to meditation and have had a few powerful experiences with it...although trying to understand chakras has been giving me some trouble. I get the reason for having colors...making it visualization-friendly. I get the distinction between them all and their ontological meanings (for the most part). However, I am confused on a few things:

1-What is the difference between 'balancing', 'opening', 'closing', 'healing' the chakras, and how/why does one attempt each of these?

2-How do you know if you've successfully done one of these above? I've tried some balancing hypnosis tracks, and have had some tingly feelings...but am I supposed to feel a difference after this temporary 'hair-standing' subsides?

3- I can focus on most of my chakras, but for some reason...my root chakra and throat chakra are difficult for me to focus on. I get distracted easily with throat chakra....and can barely even recognize my root...does this mean they are blocked/faded/or something else???

Thanks in advance!

A blanced chakra is all of your chakra being balanced. They can either be over-active or they can be blocked. When they are open they are balanced and then your life is balanced. The tingling is good that means they are opening. This could take more than a few tries to get them open. Also once they are open it is good to do your meditations to keep them open. They won't just stay opened. Sometimes chakras need healing. Examp. would be the heart chakra. Sometimes if you have been greatly hurt you need to heal before you can open. It sounds to me like you are taking the right steps with the meditations. I do this once a week and it works well for me. You can wear colors to open up chakras, eat food the correcsponds, exercise for the root chakra. Yoga is all good. It sounds to me that your root and throat are blocked and that is why it is harder to reach them. Exercise and grounding is good for the root, singing is good for the throat.
Old 22-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septerra

Thanks in advance!

To balance your chakras is to make sure they are operating at a similar level to the others. IOW, you don't want your sixth chakra wide open and your 7th barely trickling in energy. this leads to imbalance.

Your chakras "open" when you set your intention to a specific chakra and send healing to it, the chakra will become more alive with energy and open up more. It can get bigger and brighter.

Although you may hear of people suggesting to close your chakra, I would advise against it. People who feel vulnerable feel they have to close the chakras to protect themselves. This is not the case. Each chakra has a protective screen in place to prevent this. If you were to really close your chakras, it would be disastrous to your health. Healing always comes through the movement of energy.

I have actually witnessed someones energy field while they were attempting to close their chakras a few times, and all they are really doing is a bit of additional clearing.

Until you can fully perceive the chakras in action, you will need to rely on intuition as to when its time to move to the next one. Generally, if you experience resistance, it usually means you have additional work to do with that chakra. Spend more time with it, but understand it may take many sessions before it becomes balanced.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 22-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Septerra

Thanks for the quick responses! The experiences I've had with trying to open my chakras have been fairly successful in my opinion, even though I don't exactly 'see' my chakras when I do it. I really rely more on intuition as you said chadley. Also, as you said millergrls...after trying to focus on my throat chakra...the next day I was more talkative and wanted to sing, but then it faded away the following day (I am an introvert so I kind of expected it).

Now...is it harmful to you to only focus on one chakra? For instance if I only have time to focus on my root...and disregard the others, will that cause more harm than good?

Also...one time I tried a solfeggio meditation @ 639hz and focused on my heart chakra...it was so powerful that my tear ducts quickly released all of my tears...and for two days after they were in pain..just as any small orifice would if it expelled too much at once. My shirt was soaked in tears. And in that moment I saw a glimpse of a glowing lion's head (I'm a leo)...that's when I knew there was something big with chakras!
Old 23-02-2013, 02:36 PM
millergrls

I don't think that there is any real danger. Because some of your chakra are probaly open at some point. The ones you work on will be the ones that you feel the most work. Once a week I would work on opening all of them then through the week focus on the ones that you feel are closed. You know yourself best and know which ones need to be opened.
Old 25-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Guide

Septerra,

Its ok to spend more time with one or two chakras when you feel that specific chakras need more work. However, I would always advice spending at least a little time on all of them to keep things in balance.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 25-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Septerra

So I now realize that there is quite a difference between an 'opened' chakra which I relate to as being 'functioning'...and a closed chakra which would be non-functional or inverted/blocking outside energy...

Now, functional has two forms right? it could be poorly functioning, or even adversely functioning I assume. I did some research on 'symptoms' of disharmonious functioning of each chakra and what do you know...a lot of those in the root chakra ring true to my current state. Especially overindulgence in sensual pleasures such as food/alcohol/sex, and the neglect of my physical body/expectation of these sensual manifestations without regard to consequences.

I also hear that a chakra's energy flow could be spinning in the wrong direction and that male/female have opposite rotational chakras (every other one). I guess it will take some 'seeing' to understand whether my root is blocked/faded/spinning incorrectly.

I've also found that my higher chakras seem to be much more responsive and powerful than my lower ones...which could explain my lack of patience for people/lack of social drive and a general disassociation of the earthly plane.

This will be a long journey...but it feels as though I'm learning a vast amount of valuable wisdom in a very short time and that a majority of what I have learned prior is nearly trivial...
Old 25-02-2013, 09:08 AM
millergrls

You got the idea of it. It is continual work. The chakras need to be worked on to get them opened and then worked with at least once a week after they are opened to keep them unblocked. But you have the idea.