Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 17-01-2011, 01:43 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayancalendar
I know that this must be a very commonly asked question in these forums; so please forgive me if I am asking it again. Do angels and spirits really exist? Is there any scientific proof? How can I convince myself 100 percent that they really and truly exist?
Angels as we think of them the main players have been to earth many times.. but as far as I'm aware.. there not incarnated now (and if they are I have no idea what their names are.. even if they were incarnated.. they might be playing games here and forget who they are )

Technically, were all angels.. those who watch over us (if you will are our brothers.. are most fervent supporters of the games we are playing)

I know that Enoch (some famous old foggy that built the pyramids) was metatron.. but I don't know some of the other famous players except.. kuthumi was the one who built the "Taj Mahal" in india all for a woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Science (proof) and spirituality are as compatible as oil and water you can try and use both but they never mix well.
This is not true.. in the future and in the now.. they will blend like never before
Old 17-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Time

It depends on how you look at it.

Sure there isnt really any concrete proof. But the fact that some people talk to them is soem evidence of their exsistance. But what if they are jsut aspects of us?

That doesnt mean that they dont exsist, but i think they exsist in different forms for different people. Some people have guides, angels, spirits etc spread out over different cultures. The only logical explination I can think of, is that they are jsut aspects of our consiousness ( and also the universes).

As humans we need something tangable. We always usualy seek some sort of validation from something. We are also need something to give us a reason. WE think were crazy if we give ourselves the answer, so we give that part of us a name, angels and what not.

I think they are our perception of our own psych e, the same with deamons. Does this mean that angels and what not dont exsist? I dont think so. WE all have our own interpretations from another. If it gives you comfert to call them angels, i would never say you are wrong. Im mearly giving my interpretation ...
Old 17-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

Scientific proof is a very sticky business. You are not going to find anything spiritual which is measurable with physical equipment, because you are not dealing with physical phenomena. Where spirituality is concerned you must search for your own personal proof (that is, things which you personally see, feel, or intuit). I did not believe in spirits until I began having experiences with them, and now I speak to them all the time! You really just have to explore - try some of the exercises suggested in the threads here, or try some meditation and energy work - and come to your own conclusions based upon what you experience.

It is worth pointing out that trust in science alone is, of itself, a belief system. It is based upon an assumption that nothing exists outside of the physical world which is measurable by our standard five senses, and a belief in the infalliability of current scientific knowledge (look at the number of times our scientific discoveries have caused us to correct ourselves, and this becomes an assumption based on faith). There is widespread belief in spirituality and psychic phenomena because so many people have had personal experiences with it which science has yet to explain.

I do not believe science and spirituality are incompatible. I think they are the yin and yang aspects of a whole and we need a deep understanding of both in order to comprehend existence. People see them as opposites because in our exploration of them we have yet to discover the border that joins them together, but pick up a book about quantum physics and you begin to get a feel for how they might meet. Eventually our intrepid scientific explorers will alight on the shore of an exciting new land only to find all the shamans, yogis and spiritual teachers there, saying, "Hello! We've been waiting for you."
Old 19-01-2011, 03:09 AM
AngelBreeze

About angels

Yes, of course angels and spirits exist. They always have since the beginning of time.

As to scientific proof, there have been numerous occasions where even skeptics have witnessed something they could not explain. But you must remember that that which is from God's realm cannot easily be duplicated, demonstrated, or proven through man's scientific methods.

If you are seeking to be convinced 100% then you are already trying too hard. Instead, take a deep breath, relax, and simply go within your heart and introspectively ask to commune with those angelic beings who are benevolent. Use the usual methods of protection, e.g., prayer, to be sure you do not contact a malevolent spirit that is ever present in the lower astral realm that act as opportunists to come to those who openly seek to speak to angels or spirits. Be strong and authoritative when you make contact and let your heart guide you as to what to do next.

If you, perchance, should hear the ever soft but present voice of an angel, listen to its message. That will tell the story of whom it is and what they stand for. Then politely thank them for their visit afterward as angels, just like your friends, like to be appreciated when they have come to work with you on something special.

------------
When one lovingly shares with benevolent people of like mind, something great is bound to happen! -- AngelBreeze
Old 19-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Summerland

As I have said too many times recently, that which is belief/faith cannot be proven. It has to be taken on faith, something that you intuitively know to be true. I have never seen an angel (that I know of), yet I have seen actual manifestations of their power with my own eyes. Years ago my grandmother always fed any homeless man who came to our back door. When I asked why she simply said,"You never know if it is a man or an angel." I pray to the Goddess and what some folks don't know is that She commands an army of angels, just as the Christian God does. Many nights on the way to work, I ask Her to send one of Her angels, or as many as needed, to protect me during my shift. I can feel often the enfolding of wings around me as I enter my workplace.
If you want PROOF, there is no scientific evidence; you would have to take it on faith.
Old 19-01-2011, 06:41 AM
shivbaba

Quote:
I know that this must be a very commonly asked question in these forums; so please forgive me if I am asking it again. Do angels and spirits really exist? Is there any scientific proof? How can I convince myself 100 percent that they really and truly exist?

Hey nothing to forgive! this may be a start of your spiritual journey.Spiritualism is like a ocean of love,Once you are into it you will understand.where science ends spiritualism starts! You must have studied about CHARLES DARWIN, just think can any non living thing could become living in millions of years?What about NEWTON he said every thing will remain in a state of rest unless an external force acts on it.So both statements are contradictory! Still people believe(thats what fall in human being as said in scriptures,fall in his thinking and beliefs).They believe in seeing things,still they go to churches,temples and mosques.SO LEAVE ALL THE THINGS WHICH U HAVE LEARNED SO FAR,THEY ALL HAVE BEEN TAUGHT BY PEOPLES WHO WANTED SOME THING OR THE OTHER. Coming to ur question they do exist,FOR U TO UNDER STAND IT REQUIRES SYSTEMATIC LEARNING OF YOGA(SUPREME SOUL). OM SHANTHI
Old 19-01-2011, 01:20 PM
shepherd

There is no proof despite what others may say or reinforce through sharing experiences.

Everything takes place within your mind, so it is very possible that all experiences of a spiritual nature are actually projections from within the belief system of that person.

Or it's not and they are real.

Maybe just enjoy having an open mind to it than just seeking to make a belief concrete and true. The moment you make beliefs true is the moment you get caught up in who is right and who is wrong, hence the battles within religion etc.
Old 19-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Kramer

I felt the same way a while ago. The life and times we live in make it difficult to believe in many spiritual things now.

I sat in my bedroom and said 'if you are there please leave me a sign'. Well the next day was full of white feathers. They were leading to my car, in the car, on my clothes even at work. It was winter as well so its not like there were any nesting birds pulling feathers. Each feather was brilliant white, small and soft. The most remarkable one floated out the ceiling and landed on my desk at work.

I still question sometimes but when I do I am meet with understanding and a feather. I am not mad either :)

xx
Old 19-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:

The magic is in.....IMO..........that we don't know for sure..........
Old 19-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Neville

This is one of those cases where you have to rely on what your heart tells you and bypass the logical mind.