Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

At times we just have to go do that for men. I did that yesterday, we had a queen duvet on a king bed and I woke for the last time with no cover, so I went and got a king one. He said nothing.

Lynn

I totally understand !
I think I may have to take a trip to the store and randomly buy a pillow
Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM
CokoWhit

nakita - my husband does have abilities. He can see a lot of things - he doesn't see when spirits enter a room unless it is through orb form. They know he has sensitivities. Well, the ones that have been with me for awhile. He has serious issues with his legs, Lynn! So do I - so much that I had to go on medication for it at night. I have Lupus, so I'm on a few medicines. I can't sleep - EVER. I will lay there for hours. I can take all kinds of medicine to try and help me sleep, but it won't happen. The only thing that works is Xanax. My husband begs me to go to the doctor and get some. I hate being over-medicated and the doctors are not an ally. But I'm starting to really suffer bc of the sleep issues. I may have to just go and get the medicine to take for awhile. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if my hubby was leaving his body. I know he lucid dreams and that is pretty darn close to astral projection. We are both sensitives. He has never tried to do a reading though. There are plenty of times he could because the dead just flock to us. He used to have a little girl around at night that would SCREAM his name the second he closed his eyes. I have nightly visitors but if I ignore them a few times they go away. Esp if I use the white light protection method. (btw my hubby and I always use leg pillows! They are a must have!)
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokoWhit
nakita - my husband does have abilities. He can see a lot of things - he doesn't see when spirits enter a room unless it is through orb form. They know he has sensitivities. Well, the ones that have been with me for awhile. He has serious issues with his legs, Lynn! So do I - so much that I had to go on medication for it at night. I have Lupus, so I'm on a few medicines. I can't sleep - EVER. I will lay there for hours. I can take all kinds of medicine to try and help me sleep, but it won't happen. The only thing that works is Xanax. My husband begs me to go to the doctor and get some. I hate being over-medicated and the doctors are not an ally. But I'm starting to really suffer bc of the sleep issues. I may have to just go and get the medicine to take for awhile. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if my hubby was leaving his body. I know he lucid dreams and that is pretty darn close to astral projection. We are both sensitives. He has never tried to do a reading though. There are plenty of times he could because the dead just flock to us. He used to have a little girl around at night that would SCREAM his name the second he closed his eyes. I have nightly visitors but if I ignore them a few times they go away. Esp if I use the white light protection method. (btw my hubby and I always use leg pillows! They are a must have!)

Wow I couldn't imagine closing my eyes and then having a child scream my name, that could become quite annoying.
So when you use the white light protection they know not to disturb you at all?
As for the leg pillows or body pillows someone gave me one when I was pregnant and I fell in love the first night
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 PM
CokoWhit

The body pillows are awesome! Love them. Yeah, my friend had a pregnancy pillow that was similar to the body pillow and she loves it. She could actually get some relief.
Well, the white light works pretty well. No one screaming my name, but they still will come through. Last night I was laying in bed about to try to get some sleep and I felt someone touch my elbow. I politely but firmly asked them to leave. I wish the white light worked every time, but I think it gets stronger the more you do it. Wish I knew how it worked - but it's still a mystery to me.

My husband brought up a valid point to me. If I'm a medium then I don't need to chase them off when they come to our home. I guess, I feel like I cannot validate anything that I get. I don't know if it is a lack of confidence on my part or if it's a valid concern. I don't know what to do about this. I'm really confused and wondering if it is ethical to get them to leave if I haven't first tried to help them. Does anyone have a way of doing this that they could share with me? I'm relatively new to this, but spirits are in my home A LOT. No matter where I live they come in and just chill with me. lol
I think my hubby sees television shows like Medium and Ghost Whisperer and wonders why I can't communicate like that. I get my information from clearing my mind and anything that pops up and ISN'T my thought is them and it's usually accurate. But I know it is accurate because I depend on the sitter to validate. When they show up here -- there is no sitter.
Old 15-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Glen

AS for smudging and cleansing, in the west coast tradition where I am from you can also use cedar. You can bundle it up and burn it like smudging or you can take a branch (small or large). and brush it over the person, place or thing that you wish to cleanse.
Old 15-08-2013, 08:02 PM
LuckyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
I have been told that mediums are like a beacon that spirits hone in on. I am relatively new to this as well. We have spirits in our home that interact with my son and myself. Not all spirits that visit are earthbound - some who have crossed over come and go at will. Not all need help - they just miss human contact. My family member spirits have crossed over, but found me. One of them is my gatekeeper. I have had my Dad and grandparents. The voices we have gotten are a male, a small child, and a southern boy.

I'm new here and actually joined this site because of this post. I've frequently described sensitives as beacons to....spiritual travelers, for lack of a better term. I've never heard anyone use the same description, but my own lack of acceptance has largely caused me to eschew the spiritualist community on the whole. I've always been reluctantly tuned in ways I rationalized as " imagination" or mere coincidence, but a head injury about five years ago changed my life. As well as my understanding of life after death. It's only recently, through consistent validation, that I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not simply losing grip on reality. My scope of reality has simply broadened.

In my (limited) experience, I think....sometimes.....spirits are not even conscious of the fact they are communicating with a human being, or communicating at all for that matter. They just sense a point, on their path, that is illuminated. Of course, there are those spirits- I believe the ones that have progressed farther in their travels (I don't know what else to call it), that are completely aware of the distinction between the living and the spirit world.

Attracting spirits doesn't necessarily mean you're supposed to do anything. It took a long time for me to accept that. Myself, and everyone around me, would ask the same question, "Well. What are we supposed to do with this?" Rarely have I been asked to relay a message. Ironically, one message was meant to go to someone I practically despised. That's the spirit world for you, though- hounding you to pass on loving sentiments to people you don't even like all that much. But most of the time, I think of myself as almost a living guestbook.... They seem to sense that I am a place for them to enter memories that were meaningful to them during their lives. Or it is how they processed their passing. There doesn't seem to be any further responsibility than that on my part. They make their entries, and then they move on. To where, I don't know, but I don't hear from them again. I actually sometimes feel as if...I'm almost....a receptacle for the things they wouldn't want their families or loved ones to know. They wouldn't want their parents to know how disturbed they were by their own sudden death, they wouldn't want their wives to be devastated by the fact that they had mistresses leading up to their suicides. I get a lot of information that would haunt the people they left behind. I think they need to get it out, nonetheless, for some reason. As if they need to share their regret or grieve their own passing before they can move forward.

As I said before, I have limited experience in the realm of mediumship, even though I've been encountering spirits all of my life. Resistance and lack of awareness has mostly kept me blindsided and skeptical.

When it initially happened, I felt frightened most of the time. As if all of my dead relatives could see me in the shower. I still sometimes get this sense of heavy, paralyzing dread which seems to signal I'm not entirely alone. I have to make conscious affirmations that I'm open to receive information from any safe spirit with a message, but not open to tortured fragmented souls or malevolent energy. I have discovered, too, that even the most loving and generous people in life (and on the other side) can FEEL frightening to me when they're trying to get my attention. I'm still working on this, though.

My limited advice is....if you want communication....say so. Because really, they're dying to get stuff off their chest. No pun intended. When you make the conscious decision that you want to receive information- it will come in more clearly. Or at least, that's what happened for me. It sounded crazy to my own ears, but out loud, I said, "Okay. If you've got something tell me, I'm open to it. Provided it isn't intended to frighten me." After that, things began to come in loud and clear. A lot of the confusing symbolism fell away, and I was able to pick up information in a very clear, very linear, and vivid way.

When you don't want to be open, say that too. At least set your own boundaries. If it's late at night and you're alone, and you feel as if you can't cope with the spirits lurking around you trying to get some point across....tell them to go away. Tell them to save their energy and invite them to come back when you are feeling less vulnerable. Sometimes, everyone's energy deteriorates. Kind of like trying to hash out a problem with your significant other at 3:00am in the morning. It's the same with the spirit world, I believe. I think they can be so intent on sharing their experience or perception, no matter the time or the medium's state, a lot can be lost or compromised in translation. For me, this only leads to anxiety and confusion.

At first, I didn't know WHO they were either. Unless they were attached to someone I knew. But they come in from everywhere...I mean, all over the map....language, distance, these things are not barriers at all in the spirit world, and I would get spirits from all walks trying to talk. I didn't know how to find out who they were and I need to know in order to validate and prove to myself I wasn't losing my sanity.

Again, a major part of that was conscious affirmation, but another part was cooperation. Just ask them to communicate in a way that you can clearly understand. If they are conscious of you, they will be accommodating. Eventually, I started getting names. Now, I get names most of the time. Some are common, some are odd, but they haven't been wrong.

My most recent visitor....Mrs. Blaylock.....her life ended horribly. Maybe it was my energy, or her energy or the combination, but she couldn't say anything to me at all. Another spirit accompanied her and told me her name. I believe that when some lives come to very violent or traumatic ends, their ability to communicate is somehow stymied. I don't know why. The only way I can describe it, now, is to liken Mrs. Blaylock to a patient in a spiritual hospital. She was recovering from her experiences in this world, and didn't have the strength to tell me what she needed to say, so she had help. It was the first time I'd ever encountered anything like THAT.

So. If someone isn't coming through clearly, you might ask.....someone else to help them. If you have spirit guides, they could probably assist. I don't know my spirit guides. I'm honestly not sure if I've got them, or if they "exist." Everyone seems pretty certain they do, and I don't see why they wouldn't....but my experience has definitely deviated from the path of traditional mediums. I don't know my spirit guides, I don't do readings, I can't dial in to someone's deceased grandfather. I'm still not even sure what it is I believe in. Everything was very spontaneous after a traumatic brain injury, I have almost no say in who shows up or what I see, they all seem to have varying levels of awareness (of me, or the communication), and I am just trying to make sense of it as I go along. Accepting that it's occurring is probably the only thing that has helped me deal with it in my life and my home.

Also, I don't know if I'm alone in this experience....but if I don't make myself available to them....I get sleep paralysis. Like. If I'm so wrapped up in my own life, my little concerns (i.e., getting my hair done, or shopping...frivolous things), and I just tune them out....I think, they have such difficulty getting through, yet I still sense them on some level, I will get recurring sleep paralysis episodes- you know, the intruder in the room experience- until I consciously relax through out the day and make an effort to let the communications in. And it's strange, really. Because 9 times out of 10, the messages are....so......benign. Even funny. Yet. The sleep paralysis or the general sense of feeling as if I'm not alone is.....chilling. Panic inducing almost.

I think....our logical minds simply have a difficult time not responding with fear to things we can't recognize with our five senses. Even if the communications are well intended and harmless, or even clever and touching.
Old 24-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Bhabha

I have a friend who is psychic. She says spirits know this and plaque her to be helped into the light.