Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM
CokoWhit

Progression in my abilities - did anyone else experience this?

In the past couple of years I started detecting spirits near me. It started when I lived in my old house in TN. I started hearing someone sit down on my bed whenever I would go to my room for any reason (fold clothes, restroom, watch tv) It didn't bother me. I started getting more and more aware of them around me. I started feeling them near me and seeing sparkles, orbs, mists, clear silhouettes etc..
I really began to fear them because it all hit me relatively quickly. They would say things to me, touch me, and talk to me around the time I'd wake up or go to sleep. I learned to sage, meditate and protect myself. I pray, call on Archangel Michael, as well as speak to my guides and ask them to help keep any negative presences from me and if it is bed time I ask they hold everyone back so I can sleep. I find these things give me about a 75% relief from nighttime visitors. I regained some security and have been trying to move past my fear. I had a friend that really wanted to help me out. She would send me photos of people - I didn't know them and wasn't told who was alive or dead - I began to get information and had several successful readings. This was about 4 months ago.
We just moved out of state and I'm wanting to learn more and figure out how to start. We don't have a spiritualist church here. I have most definitely looked. I go to meditation during the week and there are a couple people there that I feel like might be able to help me. My abilities are starting to come faster - but I have one major issue. I don't know WHO the people are that are showing up in my home. First of all, I cannot see them. I see white wisps and a bit more detail, but nothing to the point where I could even determine a gender. How am I supposed to help them if I can't see them and have no real validation? It seems as if I could guess - but how would I know? Also, I feel creeped out sometimes. I just spent the last week here alone because my husband was out of town on business and I didn't ever feel truly alone. They say my name at night when I turn out the lights and I know that fear is my worst enemy when it comes to them. I don't think I'm dealing with anything malicious, at the most a prankster who likes to mess with me.
So, fellow mediums, how do you handle this in your own life and in your home? Are there any places or people that can help me progress? I thoroughly enjoy doing readings and bringing even the smallest bit of relief from the grief that people might be feeling.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Master
I have been told that mediums are like a beacon that spirits hone in on. I am relatively new to this as well. We have spirits in our home that interact with my son and myself. Not all spirits that visit are earthbound - some who have crossed over come and go at will. Not all need help - they just miss human contact. My family member spirits have crossed over, but found me. One of them is my gatekeeper. I have had my Dad and grandparents. The voices we have gotten are a male, a small child, and a southern boy.

If I found someone who could talk to me I would do everything in my power to get them to notice me and converse with me. We talk to them, but for the most part we just go about our lives. I have had to ask some to not play with the dogs because they don't understand - they quit. My son has very active spirits who visit his room. We have been touched, stroked, hair gently pulled, poked. We hear footsteps and things move and go missing for a while. We hear whispering conversations and last night I heard a dog whining - both of mine were fast asleep. Both of us have had someone sit or walk on the bed. I smell things as well - cigarette smoke, flowers. We both see shadows all the time and I have seen two full bodies recently. My son generally sees more of the form than I do. Never in the 2 1/2 years that I have reawakened have we been frightened. Some spirits have more energy than others, so they are the ones we can see. A medium friend of mine said she has a spirit with her that took many years to fully manifest.

It's chaotic here most of the time with the dogs and everyday stuff, so I rarely have enough quiet time to try to talk with them. We have gotten some good EVPs, but no names as of yet. We coexist. Some days - or nights - are more active than others. Hope this helps in some way.

Edit: Just talk to them - ask them to leave you alone at night. Tell them your rules for coexistence.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium I can say that the first level one starts with is two fold grounding exercises and some sort of basic self protection around one. There are many ways for this crystals is one I use and a Bubble Protection is another visualization I use.

When it comes to what happens in a home many times its not tied to the home but to the land the home might be on. In reaearching the hisory there of the home and land one might find clues to whom might be around.

Til one learns to put up some walls around one it is possible to be an open channel to all that can sense the Light in ye. I am an open channel but it is how I came into this life so I have never had an off switch as its put by one's that sense me. I have simply learned through life to embrace that I am never alone.

We have with us Guides that are there gate keepers we can ask them to assist us as well in grounding and protections. Remember always that the space is YOURS and ye have the right to claim it. I will from time to time light inscence to cleans the home. Grounding the home basically.

Lynn
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 AM
CokoWhit

onetruebeliever - I definitely think you're right about being a beacon. My parents had a spirit in their house. I saw her once and experienced a handful of things there. It was a newer house, but we weren't the first family to live there. I was in my late teens early twenties and moved out after 2 years bc I met my husband. I never even told my parents about the woman because I didn't want them to think I was crazy (or crazier than they already thought!) Well, a year or two after I moved in with my husband my parents told me that they had both encountered a spirit in their home and that the activity was worse when I had been there.
My hubby and I opened up a huge can of worms getting EVP's and taking pictures of the deceased in our old house. They REALLY started coming to me then. One ripped me out of my body while I was taking a nap one day. I had to remember what I'd read about astral projection and I attempted to scream for my husband and think about being in my body to get it to snap me back. It honestly didn't work. Finally one of my spirit guides intervened and took over. When I was out of my body I literally saw anywhere from 5-10 spirits all just hanging around my house. It looked SO DARK. My guide actually showed me the beautiful part of being out of body and took me outdoors before she returned me to myself. I was grateful. It still haunts me to this day to think about all of those dark and dreary entities in my home. My hubby and I quickly discovered sage-ing and we cleansed the **** out of that place.
We had experienced several pregnancy losses and I was diagnosed with a scary disease so I can see why I had attracted such dismal beings. Thank goodness we have healed from these things and even moved to the beach. We are very happy here and I don't feel any of the dreary spirits around me any more. Not saying I ran from them -- that just isn't possible because they will follow you. But raising my vibration and healing myself has kept them away.

LYNN - Thanks for the tips! I have gotten extremely into the use of crystals. I also have salt in vases in my apartment. We live near the beach and in the Gulf of Mexico and all of the sand is made of ground quartz. I have sand and shells in vases around my house. I mix a few amethysts in there as well. I'm very sensitive to EMF given off by lamps, appliances, computers, tv etc.. the crystals and the Epsom Salt really take the edge off of it. I would get whelps on my arms and face from the computer and especially the new fluorescent bulbs. I have tan skin but i'm still really sensitive to indoor lighting. It's nuts! lol The grounding and protection are so beneficial for any lightworker, I agree with you 100%.
Also, I picked up a candle that was specifically made for people who pray to Archangel Michael. I light it during my prayer as well as a sage candle. I've run out of sage at the moment so I'm using my sweet grass. Since I just moved to the area I have no idea where to get white sage around here. We don't have a whole foods and the nearest mystical shop is about 45 minutes away. I live on an island so crossing the bridges back to main land takes forever. Maybe I'm impatient? lol Do you have any other things you do/burn? haha. Oh and I also do the protective white light bubble around me. Helps.

Thanks to you both for responding to me. It means a lot!!!!! Anyone else is welcome to chip in with advice or thoughts.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Hello

I live in sage country but I am allergic to it so I do not burn it. I have learned that its the intention that matters not the material burned. I have worked with a native group that uses sage but for me they did up sweet grass and lavender and that was very nice. I too have used birch bark ( harvested when the tree molts it naturally), that was quite nice.

When it comes to a candle for me its a White Candle I use, I make sure I get a good quality wax as I work with Spirits and they can at times manipulate the flame so I want to try to rule out poor quality wax or wick.

I do have protections on the computer, I have two metal keys one to open a door and one to close a door.

Lynn
Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 AM
CokoWhit

Lynn - good to hear you say that about the intent. I had suspected that as well --- then I see this documentary about a guy who could see the spirits leave with the sage. I too can see some of them leave, but of course there are the randoms who pop up in the middle of the night ready for some attention. I thought maybe it was something I'd done wrong. Nothing is "wrong" as long as it works! lol
Oh the first time I saged I did my entire house and wasn't very good at not inhaling the smoke. My husband and I felt stoned. Literally, his eyes were tight and he had the munchies! I was sure not to do that the next time. I can tell a big difference when I don't sage him (or sweetgrass.. whatever I happen to be using) He will wake up over and over. I guess they mess with him too. He will wake up and rub his face, scratch his knee, scratch his head..and lo and behold, if I get up and sage him while he's asleep and make sure to protect him with light, he will sleep soundly. Birch bark is a good idea! I wonder if palm tree bark works? We have a billion of those here! I don't think I will attempt to use it though. I can just see me having to pay a fine to my apartment complex for scraping bark off of one of the trees. Just my luck!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokoWhit
Oh the first time I saged I did my entire house and wasn't very good at not inhaling the smoke. My husband and I felt stoned. Literally, his eyes were tight and he had the munchies! I was sure not to do that the next time. I can tell a big difference when I don't sage him (or sweetgrass.. whatever I happen to be using) He will wake up over and over. I guess they mess with him too. He will wake up and rub his face, scratch his knee, scratch his head..and lo and behold, if I get up and sage him while he's asleep and make sure to protect him with light, he will sleep soundly. Birch bark is a good idea! I wonder if palm tree bark works? We have a billion of those here! I don't think I will attempt to use it though. I can just see me having to pay a fine to my apartment complex for scraping bark off of one of the trees. Just my luck!

you had me giggling like a kid when I read that part about how you and your husband felt stoned, lol
Just a question you mentioned your husband will wake up over and over and scratch his face etc, does he also see spirits? I am only asking as my husband very rarely sleeps through the night he always wakes up almost every hour on the hour and then there are times when all he does is scratch his leg, foot etc....
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Administrator
Hello

What might be happening with your husband is the Out of Body experience that we can have when we enter to that deeper state of sleep. Our brains tell us that we are to stay in bed but the subconscious wants to wonder out so when this happens we wake up. It takes on average a hour for a person to enter that deeper REM state of sleep so he might not be getting there. This is not a good place to be as we need that deep state of sleep.

I had that for year's and what worked for me was to keep the legs more still at night. There are a lot of really nice leg pillows on the market now that go between the knees and keep the legs in better place. They are comfortable to use and I really found it helped the sleep. Too a back support like a body pillow in the bed might too help, as the back then has something to rest on.

Lynn
Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

What might be happening with your husband is the Out of Body experience that we can have when we enter to that deeper state of sleep. Our brains tell us that we are to stay in bed but the subconscious wants to wonder out so when this happens we wake up. It takes on average a hour for a person to enter that deeper REM state of sleep so he might not be getting there. This is not a good place to be as we need that deep state of sleep.

I had that for year's and what worked for me was to keep the legs more still at night. There are a lot of really nice leg pillows on the market now that go between the knees and keep the legs in better place. They are comfortable to use and I really found it helped the sleep. Too a back support like a body pillow in the bed might too help, as the back then has something to rest on.

Lynn

I know he needs his deep sleep, I actually sleep with a body pillow my husband calls it the barrier between us....lol....I love it and I keep telling him to get one maybe I will just go and buy him one that way he cannot say anything!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakita
I know he needs his deep sleep, I actually sleep with a body pillow my husband calls it the barrier between us....lol....I love it and I keep telling him to get one maybe I will just go and buy him one that way he cannot say anything!

Hello

At times we just have to go do that for men. I did that yesterday, we had a queen duvet on a king bed and I woke for the last time with no cover, so I went and got a king one. He said nothing.

Lynn