Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-11-2013, 11:53 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I think actually the fear of being left behind could stem from a past life where you were abandoned and it led to death possibly. Is that it?

As for your daughter, she could be terrified of the ocean and sharks because she was probably killed in a shark attack.
Old 30-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Knower
I also am very squeamish when people get around my neck area or someone tries to touch it. I had a vision of me being hanged as a witch in a past life and it has heppened to me in about two lifetimes. I am also terrified of heights and cannot even stand on a chair.
Old 30-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Master

PrincessSerena there are other aspects of witch-craft that may emerge ?

It is my story, and so I have a problem speaking my truth as a) the words got stuck in my throat - being hanged and b) not being allowed to say what I think for endless fear.

It might be worth investigating and releasing that which does not serve you.
Old 30-12-2013, 10:22 PM
CNWms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
How many of you have struggled with phobias that you can trace to a past life? Being a medium, I've grown to understand how phobias are tied to how someone passed in a previous life.........sometimes multiple lives actually. I can already see how the way some spirits around me have passed affects them even now. They have not reincarnated yet but they already developed what seems like phobias which will probably affect them the same when they do reincarnate.

I used to have illogical fears about something terrible happening to my son. I had a reading done and found out that he had been killed twice; during the civil war and the british war. I blamed myself for not 'protecting' him and was carrying this karma around like a dark cloud. The reading allowed me to heal and realize that this is another life and that I have nothing to fear.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Master

When my children were very young I had a phobia of them drowning. I'm sure there was a past life that might have happened.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I can share one from me Son. From almost day one he was terrified of water. Even as a baby the bath time was a nightmare. We tried everything but nothing worked. I thought maybe a trip to the pool might help slowly introducing him with other children to the water. OMG that was a nightmare, he was about 2 and clung to me like the end of life was coming. Screamed so bad we had to leave.

I re approached the pool at about 3 with the same reactions. Still even the bath was not fun for him. Did not want water over his head so washing hair was not fun at all. We would go to the lake and he would not follow us in. So it meant one had to stay on shore with him, he would not even dip his feet.

It was when he was 4 he came to me and asked what is "Titanic" I told him a ship that sunk. Goes so matter of fact ok I died on it. He walked away. I found a picture of the ship and I asked him on it again. He said the water was very cold but there were very cool fish at the bottom. He had right from day one been facinated with the ocean and the deepest levels of it. He knew so much about the deep sea creatures.

As we explored it more he told me he was a child on the boat and that he went down on that boat. That he was on the bottom of the ocean. Thus the fear of the water and water coming over his head. That is how he would have gone. Once we were able to watch a show on the Titanic his fear of the water vanished. Like a release. He took the bucket and put the water over his own head in the bath. He now will go to the pool and the lake.

Lynn

Lynn, I so experienced the same thing with my son, except he didn't tell me died on Titanic. He showed the same phobia toward water over his head. He would freak out. Swim lessons were a no go. Beach trips - my daughter running toward the water, my son on the beach building sand castles. He would send his sister with the plastic bucket to the water's edge to get him some wet sand. Then he discovered and was obsessed with Titanic. He would check out Titanic books from the school library in kindergarten, make it with legos, and even drew it on his etch and sketch (surprisingly accurate). He told me when he was checking out more Titanic books a couple of grades later, an old classmate from kindergarten asked him "You're still into Titanic?" - he shrugged like "yea". When I read your post, I pretty much sat up at attention. I've often wondered if he had a past life on Titanic. I feel like coming across your post was a sign of synchronicity validating my thought.

Mary
Old 11-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Lavender

If that's true I can't imagine what happened to my boyfriend because he is deathly afraid of dolls. Like we went to a Japanese restaurant and on the booth partitions were these little Japanese Geisha dolls and every time we went to eat there he had to turn all the dolls around so they weren't looking at him.

Any ideas what type of fatal event that would involve dolls???? It's creepy to think about it!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Administrator
Hello

It could be from a past life....or it could be from early childhood. We just have to look at how the social media plays on "dolls" in movies and tv shows and even at times children's books. Giving them life, and at times actions that are not befitting a play thing.

The harmless doll becomes the tool for magic, or worse a thing that can kill.

When it goes to past lives we might well have had a life where what the doll is dressed in is a reflection reminder of a past life we had.

Lynn
Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

It could be from a past life....or it could be from early childhood. We just have to look at how the social media plays on "dolls" in movies and tv shows and even at times children's books. Giving them life, and at times actions that are not befitting a play thing.

The harmless doll becomes the tool for magic, or worse a thing that can kill.

When it goes to past lives we might well have had a life where what the doll is dressed in is a reflection reminder of a past life we had.

Lynn

I think for him it's less about how the doll is dressed and more about the eyes. It might just be the uncanny valley that gets to him. He can't sense a soul even though the dolls look like people. The same reason why people find robots or 3D animated people unsettling...Its cute though because he's such a big guy with a rough looking exterior and his one weakness is dolls. Poor guy. XD
Old 12-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I, too, have always had a phobia of water/being submerged in it. Same thing - my parents never understood, since nothing traumatic ever happened to me regarding water...
I also can't wear turtleneck sweaters, or anything else that is tight against my throat - I feel like I'm choking/can't breathe. If I try to wear anything like that, I will spend most of the time clawing at my throat! So, needless to say, there is not one turtleneck sweater to be found in my wardrobe, lol!

Sesheta--

The turtleneck thing makes me wonder if you had a birth where the umbilical was wrapped around the neck. Just a thought.

Lora