Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 27-02-2012, 11:54 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I read Jesus teachings without the interpretation of a church. I have asked God to reveal the Truth to me and he would do the same for you if you only ask and believe.

Maybe Dilchannan asks this very same thing in prayer with many others in opening their eyes and hearts to Scripture at church. Y'know that place don't you, where many come together in communion and to do the will of God.....
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Maybe Dilchannan asks this very same thing in prayer with many others in opening their eyes and hearts to Scripture at church. Y'know that place don't you, where many come together in communion and to do the will of God.....
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

Amen to that : )
Old 28-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Dilchannan

Quote:
I read Jesus teachings without the interpretation of a church. I have asked God to reveal the Truth to me and he would do the same for you if you only ask and believe.

Not only do you doubt much, you assume much as well.

One must read the Bible, God's Word is all. God's word is Truth. When one picks and chooses what to believe in the Bible, then one does not believe in the Word of God. If you believe only some, than you have not heard the Truth.

Do you know what the true church is? We are....

Now gathering together with fellow Christians in a building, to gather with others who too would like to honor and glory in the Lord. To sing songs of praise and worship to Him, to lift up our voices together. To lift one another up. To hear the Word of God together in fellowship and unity. It is an expression of our Love of God. To have the Holy Spirit lift us up and fill our cups. To combine our strength in prayer. When you find the right place of worship, it is awesome.

Peace be with you.
Old 28-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee

Which goes with...

Where two or more of you are gathered in my name, there I AM in your midst.

...a profound teaching. Let us inspire one another and together break all bonds.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Not only do you doubt much, you assume much as well.

One must read the Bible, God's Word is all. God's word is Truth. When one picks and chooses what to believe in the Bible, then one does not believe in the Word of God. If you believe only some, than you have not heard the Truth.

Do you know what the true church is? We are....

Now gathering together with fellow Christians in a building, to gather with others who too would like to honor and glory in the Lord. To sing songs of praise and worship to Him, to lift up our voices together. To lift one another up. To hear the Word of God together in fellowship and unity. It is an expression of our Love of God. To have the Holy Spirit lift us up and fill our cups. To combine our strength in prayer. When you find the right place of worship, it is awesome.

Peace be with you.

If going to church makes you feel good....you have your reward. I choose to follow Jesus's teachings instead:

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you".
Old 28-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Shabby

Dilchannan, you are the one that is picking and choosing from the bible what you want to believe and act upon.

I follow Jesus's teachings.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Not:

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

Which one do you follow or do you follow both?

Or:

Leviticus 20:13

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Yet Jesus said nothing about Homosexuals other than love you neighbor and do not to Judge anyone. Do you kill homosexuals as the O.T. tells you too? I assume you don't.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Dilchannan, you are the one that is picking and choosing from the bible what you want to believe and act upon.

I follow Jesus's teachings.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Not:

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

Which one do you follow or do you follow both?

Or:

Leviticus 20:13

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Yet Jesus said nothing about Homosexuals other than love you neighbor and do not to Judge anyone. Do you kill homosexuals as the O.T. tells you too? I assume you don't.

Shabby you are only taking certain scriptures to make you feel better. Read the whole Bible. Seriously read it, and study it. You like to quote from it, but you have know idea what you are quoting...

Yes some things we do in private, not tell all in a forum. That is between you and God. There are also times to come together with fellow Christians and Honor, Praise and Glorify God. To testify. To build one another up.

Your quoting back and forth from the Old and the New (trying to show contradiction) tells me you have yet to understand, but keep going! Your heading in the right direction.

Hate the sin, not the sinner...

Peace be with you.
Old 28-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Shabby you are only taking certain scriptures to make you feel better. Read the whole Bible. Seriously read it, and study it. You like to quote from it, but you have know idea what you are quoting...

Yes some things we do in private, not tell all in a forum. That is between you and God. There are also times to come together with fellow Christians and Honor, Praise and Glorify God. To testify. To build one another up.

Your quoting back and forth from the Old and the New (trying to show contradiction) tells me you have yet to understand, but keep going! Your heading in the right direction.

Hate the sin, not the sinner...

Peace be with you.

If you knew the Truth that Jesus was talking about you would not hang onto the bible the way you do nor go to church....but these things are still serving you as a crutch...therefore I know that you are not free...remove the crutch and you would fall.
Old 28-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
If you knew the Truth that Jesus was talking about you would not hang onto the bible the way you do nor go to church....but these things are still serving you as a crutch...therefore I know that you are not free...remove the crutch and you would fall.
Hey, wait a minute, you 2, let me buy you both a drink.

Dilchy is just fine and Shabby you are just fine.
Bible, no Bible - church or no going to church, picking some scripture - picking all scripture --you
both know it's about love, abundance (John 10:10, afterall), loving God with all your heart, and our neighbors - let's not get too too into knit-picking - The letter of the law killeth - isn't that how it goes?

You 2 are both great just how you are at whatever place you're at.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:

Shall I quote to you what Jesus Christ our Savior taught in regards to God's Word and Church. Surely you have not past over certain things Jesus taught that did not make your ears tickle did you? For He talked about that also...

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching.

He wants us to gather together, and so much more.

Luke 24:44
44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Jesus knew the Old Testament was Truth, and He was the "someone" the Old Testament talked about so much..

If Jesus did not want you to believe in the Bible, he would not have quoted 24 books of the Old Testament. He knew that the Word of God was everlasting to everlasting. God does not change. Jesus Christ came to save the world, not condemn it. He wants you to Love the Father.

Are you saying Jesus does not want his followers to gather together? Or that he does not want you to believe the Word of God?

There is someone who does want you to believe in the worldly views. To accept the world into your heart. To live a fleshly life. It is Not God, Our Lord and Savior.