Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 31-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Kamal

How long does it take to get to an advanced yoga level?

I'm just starting yoga (im 16) around what age do you think i will get to advanced if im going 1-4 times a week? Im not rushing im just curious haha

also if i wanted to, how could i become a yoga instructor when i become better?
Old 31-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Topology

What type of Yoga are you referring to? The western term "Yoga" is about body posture and moving meditation. The original meaning of "Yoga" is a eastern term that refers to the discipline of becoming one with absolute reality, your true nature.

Eastern Yoga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

The western notion of yoga grew out of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatha_yoga

Within the western notion of Yoga, there are many varieties. http://yoga.about.com/od/typesofyoga/a/yogatypes.htm

NOTE: The western notion of yoga is purely about physical posture and does not directly engage and challenge one's mental content or belief system. So if your goal is spiritual realization and not just physical well being, you'll have to add other practices to address the mind-content.
Old 27-09-2011, 12:17 AM
internationalhindu

I presume that if you go at least 3 times a week regularly, you will be able to do a majority of the yoga asanas/postures effortlessly in 2 years. But, along with the class, you will also have to practice yoga daily at home for sometime. You will start feeling changes in your body within 2 months itself. You will feel more active, be more happy, alert and confident. Your mind and organs will start to be more balanced.

If you want to become an instructor, i think it would take a minimum of 5 years. It is really not about the time, but rather about your dedication and passion for it. If you get really interested then you will be more regular and pay more attention, hence you may be able to master it sooner. I would also suggest that you practice few minutes of meditation after yoga so that you can greatly enhance the potential of your body and mind. You are at the right age for such exponential development and it will greatly benefit you if you start now itself. All the best.