Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 19-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna_lover
I totally believe in "live and let live". I have been to a iskcon temple just to see what it is like I agree with most things that they say, but I was a bit put off when I read all the rules and regulations. I say just do what you feel comfortable with, as long as you make some spiritual progression in life.

Hare krishna
Yes I agree with this, after all its not rocket science.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:45 AM
moksh

cut the **** folks, i am here to tell u the truth, hare krishna people are fanatics, lord shiba being the greatest debotee of krishna is all ****. you might find these words in gaudiya baisanabas books but not in main books like bedas and upanishad. hare krishna follow achintya bheda and abheda philosophy which was well propounded by gauranga. the philosophy insists that we are unthinkable one and same wid the lord and the only means to reach god is by offering debotional serbice or in another words bhakti. there main aim is to always be separate from the lord and to be together wid him. like if the lord reincarnates they incarnate as well. for eg, the gopinis were also bhakta reincarnates. its there wish to not go after parammukti and i dont habe a problem wid that but being a fanatik and preaching useless things is the thing that i dislike about them. lord krishna has 16 kala i.e dibine qualities and he is konsidered a purna abatara but bashista had 24 kala aka dibine qualities. lord krishna had a part to play and he played his part and left. he in geeta says ' i am ishwara' that is right bekause soul is the brahma in itself. lord krishna in chapter 18 says 'ishwara sarbabhutanam hridaya arjuna tistate' which means the lord is situated in ones heart. the ishwara that he mentions this time is supreme lord of the uniberse that is parabrahma. krishna does says i am the basis of impersonal brahma and that is right bekause there is no way that u can worship impersonal, infinite and unseen lord, so one worships a personal diety and at last he reaches the parabrahma, parammukti state as the impersonal infinite lord of the world.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 AM
numerouno

@ moksh

Would you say that lord shiva is the greatest devotee of Lord Vishnu?

When Ravana was facing Lord Ramachandra, ravana worshipped Lord shiva for a long time. Seeing Her Lord not answering ravana, Mother Durga approached Lord Shiva, and said " my lord that time has been reached when you must bless ravana in his quest."

Lord Shiva said, " how can I protect ravana when God (Lord Rama") has decided to kill him."

Lord Rama is an avatar of Vishnu, once lord Shiva said greater than the worship of me is Vishnu. Krishna is Vishnu thus logic dictates here that Shiva worships vishnu, as He constantly meditates on Rama, proof of his love for Rama is Shiva's expansion, Lord Hanuman. Krishna is vishnu, Rama is krishna.

At no time in my years of reading scriptures has Vishnu been defeated however I can recite many instances of gods who have sought his protection.

The gods are not one being in different forms the avatars are.

Lord indra learnt the fate of some , and I say some of the other indras before him. This was brought to light when the architect of heaven, Lord Viswhakarma couldn't satisfy indra's desire to increase the opulences of heaven. He apprached brahma, who let this be your last moment of turmoil. Pleased, vishawakarma offered his respects and left, Brahma then apprached his father, vishnu, who said he will solve the plight of vishwakarma.

Vishnu took the form of a brahmana, and appreared before indra.

Indra, amazed by the beautiful effulgence of the brahmana , welcomed him with great plomp and splendour, and Indra said how can I serve you?

The brahmana, I have heard about the great efforts of Lord vishwakarma and my curiosity peaked because this heaven is greater than those of the other indras.

Indra became overjoyed but also perplexed at the brahmana's mention use of words.
Indra said " you say other indras, I am the only indra."

Then the brahmana smiled, then indra knew vishnu stood before him.

Vishnu revealed the plight of some of the indras before him, by vishnu's mystic power Indra saw the ones before him just as great and powerful but each amazingly different and the same at the same time. And he also how even though indra they had become ants after their position of indra had expired.

So, if all the gods are one how did SOME indras become ants. God cannot incur karma and fall. However individual jivas can fall or ascend depending on his actions.

There a five who we all know who didn't become ants but ascended to vaikuntha .........the five pandavas. This proves that indra's post is held by jivas.