Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

To love unconditionally is based on the concept of the love being static, nothing is static, so unconditional is conditioned.

I thought a LOT! about that and in the end I realised "I'm thinking too much!"

My mishmash Mind and your Buddhist(?) mind will not always be able to merge....I'm happy not examining Unconditional Love...it made my brain hurt a bit

I have also realised if I don't get something straight away then I probably wont get it at all,so that's a new insight for me.
Old 24-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:
I did notice
I am not a lover of gospels, I prefer self realization.

sky123,

hahahahha....:) I am a lover of the gospels.........and I prefer Christ realization.....:) Nevertheless, IMO, it is a misnomer to say..."never the twain shall meet"........i.e. it is quite easy to agree with/understand/accept much of what you offer......:)
Old 24-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I thought a LOT! about that and in the end I realised "I'm thinking too much!"

My mishmash Mind and your Buddhist(?) mind will not always be able to merge....I'm happy not examining Unconditional Love...it made my brain hurt a bit

I have also realised if I don't get something straight away then I probably wont get it at all,so that's a new insight for me.

No no, don't think to much, just feel instead Thoughts are conditioned

Now lets see another way I can explain my idea on unconditional, the words ' unconditional love ' are conditioned by the word ' unconditional ' don't take much notice of my ideas, i'm just sharing as your easy to talk to, I haven't gone senile ( honest )
Old 24-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
sky123,

hahahahha....:) I am a lover of the gospels.........and I prefer Christ realization.....:) Nevertheless, IMO, it is a misnomer to say..."never the twain shall meet"........i.e. it is quite easy to agree with/understand/accept much of what you offer......:)

It's good to find something that resonates with you, you love your gospels and you get comfort from them, that's good. As a child I also loved the gospels but as I matured I began to find so many flaws and discrepancies they lost my interest and I moved on. I realized all the answers I was seeking where inside not outside. Each to their own
Old 24-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:
No no, don't think to much, just feel instead Thoughts are conditioned

Now lets see another way I can explain my idea on unconditional, the words ' unconditional love ' are conditioned by the word ' unconditional ' don't take much notice of my ideas, i'm just sharing as your easy to talk to, I haven't gone senile ( honest )

I did come to a conclusion but I didn't share it as it was too Intellectual and I prefer "something else" that I can't explain just now.

So here's what I came up with earlier...If you Observe something, then you label it which makes it real and static.
So Unconditional love becomes Conditional when you become aware of it???????????Does that make sense?it kinda does to me.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
I did come to a conclusion but I didn't share it as it was too Intellectual and I prefer "something else" that I can't explain just now.

So here's what I came up with earlier...If you Observe something, then you label it which makes it real and static.
So Unconditional love becomes Conditional when you become aware of it???????????Does that make sense?it kinda does to me.

Observe without thought ( look without labeling)

Makes perfect sense what you say, there's many ways of looking at things and we all find our own way.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Observe without thought ( look without labeling)

This is what I would call Trance and something I am familiar with.I Observe my thoughts with thought.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
This is what I would call Trance and something I am familiar with.I Observe my thoughts with thought.

Observe without thought, your observing thoughts with thoughts try without. It's getting like a tongue twister
Old 24-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Observe without thought, your observing thoughts with thoughts try without. It's getting like a tongue twister

I got confused there,then I noticed my post was missing an "out". .I meant to say I Observe my thoughts withOUT thoughts.

I also like my thought's these days,they are mostly positive and make me smile,it nice to have something inside me that does that
Old 24-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I got confused there,then I noticed my post was missing an "out". .I meant to say I Observe my thoughts withOUT thoughts.

I also like my thought's these days,they are mostly positive and make me smile,it nice to have something inside me that does that

I think we're getting tangled along the way, what you are practicing is ' Mindfulness ' observing your thoughts without thought, it's all good.
Coming back to observing without thoughts I meant to just observe ( visual items) I wasn't referring to thoughts that we think. I better shut up now I don't want to give you a headache as I'm giving myself one