Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 AM
gregporter79

Question

So i have heard from somewhere that jesus came to Buddha during the time that in the bible that it doesnt talk about him which is from ages 13 through 30 does anybody know of any evedence supporting this claim?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregporter79
So i have heard from somewhere that jesus came to Buddha during the time that in the bible that it doesnt talk about him which is from ages 13 through 30 does anybody know of any evedence supporting this claim?

It's not something I've ever heard a Buddhist say and of course there isn't a shred of viable evidence. But who needs evidence when it comes to faith, you know the saying, "never let the truth stand in the way of a good story'.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 AM
gregporter79

i havent been able to find evidence, but the reason i bring it up is because a lot of the messages are the same between the two
Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
i havent been able to find evidence, but the reason i bring it up is because a lot of the messages are the same between the two

Yes they are documented as saying similar things, and unfortunately both religions have become very secular and .... misguided, but you know, love eachother and such is quite sensible.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM
gregporter79

i know right :) i like you gem u seem sensible
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

It's impossible for Jesus to have gone to see the Buddha because the Buddha was born, lived, became enlightened, taught the Dhamma for 45 years and then died, a very long time before Jesus was born.

It's possible that Jesus came into contact with and was influenced by the Buddha's teachings which were preseved by his students in an oral tradition however.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
nventr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
It's impossible for Jesus to have gone to see the Buddha because the Buddha was born, lived, became enlightened, taught the Dhamma for 45 years and then died, a very long time before Jesus was born.

It's possible that Jesus came into contact with and was influenced by the Buddha's teachings which were preseved by his students in an oral tradition however.

Agreed on the history. However, the Buddhist path follows the same structure as some of the Greek/Roman Virgin goddesses. I'm thinking of Athena right now. These paths follow the chakra system from the crown down to the root. Of course there are cultural differences, but the basic structure is the same.

Jesus had ample possibility to be exposed to Roman cults, while very little can be proved that Buddhism crossed the mountains into the Mediterranean culture. Just as there is very little evidence that Christianity went to China. there was one monastery, but there is no other evidence that its influence effected the Chinese culture.

Enlightenment through Grace pops up all over the globe in places that have had no contact to other groups following the same structure. I consider this proof of the collective unconscious.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Experiencer
I'm not sure what a chakra system has to do with the teachings of the Buddha. Sounds New Age.

The Buddha taught about how to overcome dissatisfaction and stress in our lives.