Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Pathfinder
The Care and Keeping of Crystal Ball's

(Wasn't sure if this should have gone in divination, or here- but I did not see a specific subsection for scrying, so I flipped a coin.)

I am so excited to have received my first scrying ball as a 10th anniversary gift from my husband.

I've researched a bit on scrying- but mostly I feel that I wont "get it" until I "get into it" so to speak.

I am still mulling over weather or not I subscribe to the idea that its a "sacred object that should stay put away unless I am using it for scrying, and will be ruined if it ever sees sunlight" Or if I am leaning more towards it being a "Feng shui piece/meditation focal point"

I hate to put it in a box, and also feel like she will get more joy and use if left out on an altar or table.

Would love to hear your experience using crystal balls and even seeing them if you care to share a picture!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Experiencer

It's a myth that crystals lose colour or power when exposed to sunlight. They need energy from the sun to recharge.. but if you're still unsure, get some kyanite to charge it.

Crystals are here to help us.. but they're no more 'sacred' than us. I generally put mine out in the open where they can work properly.

You don't really need an alter or anything, but you'll be able to decide what works for you.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
It's a myth that crystals lose colour or power when exposed to sunlight. They need energy from the sun to recharge.. but if you're still unsure, get some kyanite to charge it.

Crystals are here to help us.. but they're no more 'sacred' than us. I generally put mine out in the open where they can work properly.

You don't really need an alter or anything, but you'll be able to decide what works for you.
Thank you for your response!

Supposedly, the no sun thing is specific to Scrying Balls for two ideas;

1-Direct sunlight to the ball can start a fire due to the shapes ability to amplify and direct light sources. Much like a magnifying glass.

2- As for indirect sunlight, Scrying is a lunar/subconscious energy and theoretically you don't want the solar/lunar energies muddled.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Experiencer

Most of the crystal balls I've seen haven't been transparent enough to start fires.. didn't even think of it.

And the lunar aspects of scrying really only apply if that's how you want to work. This concepts dates back to wiccan practices which aren't as relevant these days. Although, if those are the energies that you are comfortable working with, then best to stick with it.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Most of the crystal balls I've seen haven't been transparent enough to start fires.. didn't even think of it.

And the lunar aspects of scrying really only apply if that's how you want to work. This concepts dates back to wiccan practices which aren't as relevant these days. Although, if those are the energies that you are comfortable working with, then best to stick with it.
Ahh! It makes sense that it is specifically a wiccan practice to cover it. As I don't identify with wicca- I shall proudly display it! Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
It's a myth that crystals lose colour or power when exposed to sunlight. They need energy from the sun to recharge..

It is universally accepted that crystals can lose colour if exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time. This does of course depend on the crystal, and it's not something that happens overnight....but if you put that black quartz cluster in your front window, after a few years it might be a little lighter in colour. In extreme cases you can turn a pink quartz into a clear quartz.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Amethyst is another stone you don't want to put in direct sunlight.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Master
The hardest part about scrying with a crystal ball is the realization you have been doing scrying but in many cases can not remember or 'connect the dots'.

Look at a piece of picture jasper and look at all the activity going on with the specimen.

Also reflect when you were a child and so forms and objects in the clouds.

I knew one woman who claimed she could not do anything especially scrying. I gave her a piece of paper and I got a lighter. I lit the lighter and told her to move the paper over the flame. After a few passes, I told her to turn over the paper and tell me what she saw. We repeated this 3 or 4 more times and she was dumbfounded that each try another image appeared that looked like the first.

She could not wait to tell her husband. Strange behaviour for a person who said she could not scry. I thought she was a pro!