Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Master
A Deeper Life

With continued meditation on silence a presence builds within, a dynamic fullness different from anything previously felt, and increasingly you live your days quiet and centered inside. There are no opposites in the formless spiritual realm and you learn how to move in complete stillness within your own being, and not get stuck or caught in thoughts and feelings.

My spiritual guide is much more than a guide to me; it enfolds me with a feeling of sweetness, gives me clarity and light to see, protects me from danger in this world and beyond, and most of all it protects me from my own dysfunction, or the ongoing battle which I have had with myself. I, on a deeper level, are my own spiritual guide; the relationship is one which I have with myself. A relationship that took persistent practice to develop.

We often fight against the very thing that would save us. It is all about the relationship which we have with ourselves, as the character of that relationship is what we offer to others. There are many realities that manifest during a day. If so-called “bad” news comes, that’s a reality. If I have responsibilities to take care of, that is a reality. But for all the realities that are ever changing, there is one reality that always remains exactly the same, regardless of time and place, and it is that reality that I must allow to address me and inform me.

It informs me on all of the other ever changing realities that may enter my world. It informs me of the ebb and flow of my own being. This is the reality which I merge with in quiet meditation. It is wise to learn how to master uncertainty and for me that mastery comes in inner silence. This world is ever changing and fraught with uncertainty but it is fortunate that in this uncertainty we can learn and grow from the certainty of our deeper being. Some say “higher Self” or use some other term; it does not matter what we call it, but it does matter whether or not we embrace it; what I call “our deeper being” is actually beyond words and holds no identity whatsoever.

A deeper life, not living on the surface embroiled in the symptoms that come from below the surface; accessing a deeper cause within my own being and not just the superficial symptoms that appear on the surface. Most people believe that because their physical body is on the surface that they need to dwell on the surface but for me that kind of thinking says I really do not know myself on a deep level. That knowing grows with practice and for some it may take more than a lifetime while for others it may be instant; for me in this lifetime the relationship which I now have with myself took decades of inner work to develop. Life is a gift but you have to unwrap the package to truly behold that most precious gift.

My deeper being takes care of me like “the lilies of the field” which does not toil. Opportunities are moved in front of me without my even asking, and my quiet meditation gives me the clarity to see a lot of those opportunities. In the serendipitous flow of life I am clothed, feed, and protected, without giving it much thought. There is a treasure inside our lives; deep within our own being, if we but dig for it and persevere to discover it. It is beyond thoughts, it is beyond words, concepts, paradigms, and ideas; yet we can access it in deep inner silence.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:28 AM
Pathfinder
This is very nice post. I think that inner being you speak of is refferet to as "Atman" in induism; that deeper inner true self-our true identity. I agree that one should develope connection with that being. I've read, that this atman has its own will and thoughts, is that correct? I am still on my journey and I haven't made a connection yet, but i am on my way...
I don't like Sigmund Freud, but I agree when he says that one of the most satisfying spiritual thing is having a real connection with your inner self... Nice post.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:20 AM
Master
Thank you for your comment. The experience of our deeper Self is very hard to describe;
it transcends words and thoughts and communication happens on a different level than done
in human communication. I try to stay away from labels because that deeper Self is called by
many names, “Atman, Soul, Divine Spark, etc., are but a few of those names, but actually it is
beyond name and form.

It transcends concepts, and concepts of it might keep us from experiencing it deeper. Having said this,
I will now offer my concepts. In my experience, it is brilliant radiant light, and when that inner light
touches you it feels like overwhelming intoxicating love. There are no thoughts or emotions, but there
is an incredibly powerful feeling of being at home. I believe we all have that light or divine spark, within us.

I refer to it as the “likeness of God,” and view the outside world as an image projected by that likeness,
which in my opinion is in all things. The image is on the outside, on the surface, and the likeness is within,
on a deeper level projecting that image. This is just my perspective, and how I interpret us being created in
God’s image and likeness. Unconditional love is Lord of heaven and Earth.

We all have that within us, in my opinion that divine spark is in all things. The human makeup is such that
we can seek it, but many tend not to consciously seek it. Because in seeking it we have to go through all that
we have stuffed down inside of ourselves, all that we have piled, or covered, over our inner light.
This is “The Great Work” of humanity, the work of self-transformation; undoing our conditioning and all
the imaginary clutter that we have stuffed down inside us and piled over our own inner light.

The rewards of bathing in the depths of our own inner being are unfathomable; and in my opinion it is
our destiny to experience such; it is our destiny to return to our most truest, and most awesomely purest,
home, beyond words and thoughts.
Old 20-04-2018, 06:33 AM
Pathfinder
Gnostics call it "devine spark" & I agree - we all have it. They say it is God within. Also, that is our home place, exactly what you said...I guess it takes a lot of work and effort to get in touch with it.

I think, the higher self is sth. different - I invoked it once by speech , I just said "Higher self , please come to me"; After a few minutes something filled me up & I felt different, mi mind became very clear and self-aware, i got more precise and confident in my actions, my whole body language and posture became somahow more stable, it was as if I was perfected in everything. However, it wasn't emanating neither fear or love - just a presence. inside; after a few hours in dissappeared...Never worked on it eversince, guess it scares me a little.

Just sharing my experience :)

p.s. keep doing what you're doing !
Old 20-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Master
I learned how to meditate on silence about 40-years ago, back in the 1970's,
and have been doing meditation fairly regular since. I have encountered a great deal,
within my self, along the way; some of it has been very intense, some of it incredibly
beautiful, and some of it embarassing.

I have had many out-of-body experiences and the first OBE scared me so much that
I tried to run from myself. Every OBE i had was so beautiful that it left me awestruck,
but in the first one I was the only thing feaking out; everything else was in harmony,
and because I was freaking out I was immediately returned to my human body.

I am blessed in this life to have been able to take this journey but it has not been
without pain and major challenges. There are no problems, there are just challenges,
and life's challenges help us grow, if we meet those challenges, for the most part
there are lessons to be learned.