Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 31-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Suspended

For those of you who are mediums

Doesn't it get annoying hearing spirits along with regular people all the time! Or can you choose who you hear or turn it on and off?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:31 AM
i think with most of us we can turn it on and off
for me its like opening the door to spirit but i dont hear them all the time is seeing or feeling that they there
i always use protection
Old 03-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Master
It can be very annoying at times. There are many other ways to communicate without voices. I learned to not reach out and to quiet my mind. A word here and there is ok. I can communicate without words. I just 'get it'...That is more reliable and seemingly more natural.

When I first started, it was 24 hours a day of non-stop trainiing. I had to be taught and words were what I knew. That was more then annoying.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Seeker
I'm so practiced I can block out living people lol. People can be talking to me and I'm not hearing a word. I identify and proceed as the situation calls for. If it's not the time to talk to someone no one else acknowledges then I don't. I departmentalize anyone talking to me by need, living, dead, or other.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Experiencer
The sound of my Claireaudience sounds like my own thoughts in my head i don't hear external spirits in my external ear it's all thoughts that are impressed on me that are the "voices of spirits" only twice in my life I heard spirit call my name with my external ear that's a come I think a lot more people are Claire audience and they think some people hear the voice of spirits as their own voice it took me many years of development to decipher what was my thought versus spirits
Old 05-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Suspended

Thanks for all the answers. This truly is a fascinating ability.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi VioletFlame et. al.!

I consciously keep my door as closed as possible. I can feel the presence of spirits in the room; I can feel their emotions and I can feel them watching me, but I don't like to communicate with them. I realize this is a gift, but I've tried to squash it away many-a-time.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Make sure you have firm boundaries in place.
Old 13-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I walk and talk with my companions all the time. My 'husband' (from a past life) shares my bed and my entire life. He never interrupts me to talk unless it's important, or to make me laugh, which he does a lot. I 'hear' him and the others who walk with me, they signal their coming to me by a song I associate with them (William Blake, I hear And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times - he works with me in my shop, approving of what I'm doing with arrangement or re-arrangement and sometimes visits me at home to check on me.) Pop singers and musicians call in to talk, authors come because I am a writer, and I would not have it any other way. My cats see them, and listen to their talk, but refuse to tell me what they're saying... mean pair! I am never lonely. If you push away the gift, loneliness moves in. Been told that many times. So I walk with them as I would any friends. They know when I put my 'shop' head on and don't interfere, they know when I put my 'family' head on and don't speak.

But then... I was travelling to a friend's home one day, she happens to be the daughter of the great healer Harry Edwards. I said out loud 'I'm going empty handed!' Harry Edwards came in and said, 'if I give you a message for my daughter, you won't be empty handed, will you? So tell her... and he gave me three different things to pass on. Then he said 'and tell her about the tabby cat.' I did all this and she gasped at the end and said 'that cat died six months before I met you, there's no way you could have known that!' and so the messages were proved. This is what happens when you are open to spirit, you get to help others in so many ways. It's a life like no other and there is no way on this side of the Realms I would change one minute of it.

One thing's for sure, once spirit has a finger on you, you don't get away! Accept, rejoice in their friendship and their unconditional love, see what they can do for you while you work out what you can do for them. Try it!
Old 16-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Suspended
Knower

block, or not block spirits is still there making noise wither you realize it, or not.

I try to keep mine unblock when I can so I can watch them, and make sure they aren't praying.

That why you hear them make a groaning sound, or chanting there praying.

I got Dijinn it pray, and I try to make sure it doesn't pray. I got other that I allow them to pray, but not the other one.

I would rather hear them than not hearing it keep me on my toes.