Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 08-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Master
I would say that arrogance is something that is prevalent in all walks of spirituality.

That people frequently cling to that arrogance or sense of self righteousness to validate their beliefs and decision to follow them.

That a person would be so brazen to say they are wiser than a prophet is only a more extreme example.

Why not just decree they are perhaps better equipped to comprehend materials or concepts than others?

This is still arrogance as one can not say with any certainly how another is perceived in the eyes of Allah. Certainly not based on their profession of embracing a doctrine of love and compassion.

Now bear with me because this is where it gets lengthy... But... It will help those, who are interested, better understand the belief I come from.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=16166

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents "Embracing Faith 19-5-2011

What is it about your faith that you find most endearing? ...

For me "It renews my faith in:" Humanity, my own personal strength, humility, the value of giving of ones self: sacrifice, discipline and charity and the power of peace, love, acceptance and non-violence.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6440

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents "Righteousness"18-5-2011

...'Showing love and respect for all God's creations is the only true way to show our love and devotion to the Lord.'

Religion should not be used as a way to reinforce ones sense of self importance. When it is used this way, the true message is lost.

And that message, I have found, in most religions, is to embrace ideals of brotherhood, equality, goodness, compassion and love.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=16115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents "Salvation..." 18-5-2011

I have fumbled my way through faith. As a child I challenged what was spoon fed to me as it seemed to disregard the principals at the very core of my being. In doing so I asked the hard questions, I learned more of the people and practices I was taught to hate and I branched out my understanding discovering new found respect for those I knew essentially nothing about, aside from what biased sources had deceptively regarded as truths in my childhood.

Faiths of the world over have repetitive messages of Brotherhood, Equality, Goodness, Compassion and Love. These are the messages that resonated the strongest within me. Possibly these are the messages that resonate within the majority of humanity. Keeping them loyal to their faith, their practices and their worship.

Perhaps even still, salvation was never intended for one or another but all of humanity. If we as a species could figure out how to adapt these principals and practically incorporate them into our cultures would it not yield a way of existing, more harmonious within the world? Amongst one another, amongst other species with whom we share the planet? Would it not eliminate the poisons that contaminate the hearts and minds of man as such are listed in this quote by Thich Nhat Hanh "I believe with all my heart that … [our] enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship, cupidity, hatred and discrimination that lie within the heart of man."

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4897

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents 19-10-2010

Each of us have the power to change to world by changing ourselves. There in lies the greatest secret. You hold the key, we all do, as we all have the potential to be an example of the kind of goodness humanity is capable of. By embracing ideals of brotherhood, equality, goodness, compassion and love and allowing your actions to be guided by them, you are initiating the change the world needs.

In short, I have likely been Sufi all my life. The education in this department I would like to remain one I feel through via my connection with Allah and his divine love and guidance.

My attraction to Islam has to do with how I can become a better servant to Allah and in turn to humanity through embracing the 5 pillars.

There are however internal struggles that remain in this path.

Here is one thread where I put Sharia Law on blast using some of the quotes I had found inspiring from the Quran, Hadith and the Prophet (pbuh) to support my argument.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20906

Finding a version of Sharia that will not contend with that which I feel in my heart will be a challenge.

As will, coming to terms with some of the teachings, as I will certainly question everything every step of the way to determine for myself if it sits within me as divine truth.

If this is to be the anecdote for my soul, I surely will not be anything less than thorough in my scrutiny. For what greater commitment is there in life than that to which you subscribe the very essence of your being.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
i find illogical wishful thinking and naively following path
based on emotions with no brain is extreme risk
specially when far more knowledgeable people than you and me
and with bigger mind than us both got deluded by this
Rumi is perfect example of how smart people go stupid
yes a risk

but new agers with their wishful thinking and fantasies
they want something beautiful even if false to cling to
that is not how islamic teachings are

islam is religion of logic not mumble jumble and talismans etc

did you now some famous sufis said :we crossed oceans of knowledge prophets stood only at its shores

such arrogance yet you lack knowledge on subject
to know these details for people to claims they have more spritiual knowledge
than prophets

Hi Shadow of a Knight,

It is understood that you cherish your belief and knowledge system.

Assertions, and counter assertions of good versus evil, real verus fake, logic (have you not noticed logic can work in completely linear and opposite ways and then they will even die/kill others for what they deem is the "true" logic)
and otherwise is the cause of much war and bloodshed on this planet.

Where humans should be united, they are divided and it is for these very reasons.

You speak of others as daring to think better of what you deem to be of esteem - and it is very respected.

However, I ask that you consider one day that regardless of belief system, everyone has the same heart as you (whether they use it for good or evil, or whether they believe x or y) - they are still YOU, manifesting but a different role in life.

Peace be with you, and your family, and borne freely in your Heart for All Others.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 12-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Master
Sufi Mystics --- Hazrat inayat Khan and more

Although some really impressive Sufis have been mentioned in this thread, I'm surprised that no one mentioned one of my favorites, Hazrat Inayat Khan.

There is a book, "The Message In Our Time, the life and teachings of the Sufi Master Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan", which I would highly recommend. It was written by his son, Pir Vilayat Khan, with whom I spent a lot of time in the past.

There is another book, "Muslim Saints and Mystics" (By Farid- al-Din Attar Translated by A.J.Arberry), which has stories about many Muslim Mystics and a lot of them are Sufi Mystics.

In addition, there is another classic, "Tales from the Land of the Sufis" (by Mojdeh Bayat and Mohammad Ali Jamnia), which has stories about 7 notable Sufis, including Rumi, who has been mentioned several times in this thread.

Another good general reference book on Sufism is "Essential Sufism" (Edited by James Fadiman & Robert Frager with a foreword by Huston Smith). It is an excellent introduction to Sufism with anecdotes and stories and quotes related to Sufi Masters and various aspects of life from a Sufi perspective.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Still Waters!

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 04-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Experiencer
And among them are those who listen to you. But can you cause the deaf to hear, although they will not use reason?
And among them are those who look at you. But can you guide the blind although they will not attempt to see?
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 14-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
And among them are those who listen to you. But can you cause the deaf to hear, although they will not use reason?
And among them are those who look at you. But can you guide the blind although they will not attempt to see?

Sounds like a Christian, or some superstitious Buddhists. Or maybe Republicans or some other believer types perhaps.

IOW: this line of thought is just boring IMHO.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 14-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Deactivated Account

“If people but knew their own religion, how tolerant they would become, and how free from any grudge against the religion of others.”

― Hazrat Inayat Khan, The Bowl of Saki: Thoughts for Daily Contemplation from the Sayings and Teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 14-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account

‎"Intellect is the knowledge obtained by experience of names and forms; wisdom is the knowledge which manifests only from the inner being; to acquire intellect one must delve into studies, but to obtain wisdom, nothing but the flow of divine mercy is needed; it is as natural as the instinct of swimming to the fish, or of flying to the bird. Intellect is the sight which enables one to see through the external world, but the light of wisdom enables one to see through the external into the internal world.”

― Hazrat Inayat Khan

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 14-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Deactivated Account

“Therefore it is the law of the mystics to see all things, to experience all things, either of heaven or earth, and yet to say little; for the souls incapable of understanding the possibility of their reach will ridicule them.”

― Hazrat Inayat Khan, The Way of Illumination

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 14-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account

“He who knows the secret of sound, knows the mystery of the whole universe”

― Hazrat Inayat Khan

Truth/
Compassion
/